Betrayal / class change question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ozzio, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Ozzio Member

I'm thinking of changing my Dirge to Troubadour , but I do not want to change factions. Can I betray Neriak , then just gain faction back and return to Neriak and change classes? or will it just keep me as a Dirge?
  2. Momo Well-Known Member

Yes, thats exactly how it works. Alternatively there is a betrayal token in the Marketplace quite affordable, or, if you are on a Live Server, you can get one from the faction merchant as well. Happy Troubing =)
    Ozzio likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

If you can buy the betrayal token off the loyalty vendor, it will simply ask you which alignment you want to go to and which class if you can change your class between the two. That's it.

If you have to do it the old fashion way of going into exile, the Neriak representative is near the bridge in Darklight Woods.
    Momo and Ozzio like this.
  4. Ozzio Member

Thank you. :)
    Momo likes this.
  5. Baby-Potatoe New Member

Hi everyone, so I'm new to the game and thinking of betraying from Neriak to Qeynos. Of course, I am rather nervous about it. If I buy the betrayal token, what happens next?
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

You magically become Qeynosian, and if you have the same class, your spell bar may refill with all your spells again. If you are changing classes, you will need to take a coffee break as your spell book changes to all the new spells. You will retain any Darklight/Neriak guild faction that you previously gained. You will retain your tradeskill class and levels. You will retain your AAs and they will only change if you switch classes. You will also retain any housing you purchased in Neriak, but you may have a problem reaching it if you're a lower level! You will also retain any mercs you got in Neriak, but if you did not purchase the Hire Anywhere function, you may have a hard time hiring them again if you're a lower level.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And to amplify Carynn's excellent description just a wee bit. The reason you will need a cup of coffee is that as your hotbars start to populate they do so ad infinitum from the lowest level of the spell up through and to your highest level of that same spell. It doesn't just give you your highest spell. Nope...you get to see level 12, 16, 23, 32, and so forth ad nauseum. So let it go through it's mechanism, clear all your hotbars when it stops, choose to only display highest level of a particular spell in your spell book and press on. Oh, and by then, you'll be needing a second cup of coffee.