Renewal of Ro Beta and Expansion Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea it has taken over 15 minutes so far just to load the launch pad, and it's not done yet.
    why does it say on the expansion page that you get a peafowl as a pet for preordering?

What ever happened to the videos they would show to us so we can get an idea what we get? at least I would like to see how the house looks like.
    I am mostly playing on any TLE server up.
    Breanna and Aterskia like this.
  2. Lysia Active Member

Got it -- but Ascensions -- yuck no .. won't be worring about them
    Breanna, Aggy and GrunEQ like this.
  3. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I miss when they used to do the expansion videos and presentations. You could really see what the expansion was going to be about. Now it's very little information upfront. You have to buy it to see what's in it type of thing.

I was also great when you could play in the Beta and get rewards and not have to buy the expansions first. Now you basically buying something you have no or little information about. I know it's been like that the past few expansions.

Looking forward to Beta impressions. Hopefully there is more quests and lore in this one. That is the content I really like. The past few expansions seem to have very little quests to do. Guess we will see.
    Lysia and Breanna like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that is my hope too, since it's such an old world we are going to I was always wondering how those places like Silent City might have looked like when they were still full of live.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Aterskia Active Member

Me'es yet strug-ling wif decision.:confused:
    an me's wunder strugle be's fum genuine APPRECIATION & NOSTALGIA uhv (original)Takish'Hiz mini-instances fum 500 years uhgo vs. current perception & understanding of the Environment.
    /shrug

(APPRECIATION+NOSTALGIA) * (Wanna Be's Hep+Service) / (Beein' Hated^4 * Beein' Ridiculed^2)

ehnee wun knoe a Gnomie or Erudite dat be'es gud wif Mafs? dis equa-shun be'es WAY ohber me's head.o_O
    eever dat,
    or a Cleric or Shaman dat kin hep meh git rid uhv me's Innate Curses.:mad:
  6. Jxss20 New Member

Purchased the pre order, but haven't got the other expansions through yet. Anyone know why this is?
  7. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Seen a few ppl with that beautiful Peafowl on test already :D Would also make an interesting mount tbh. I bet the videos and promotional stuff will get released when we're out of Beta, I assume? It's still just Beta after all, but I agree, wouldn't mind a few behind the scene videos. Love that type of stuff!

Gonna relog in a few min and recheck the server thingy. Last login everything was a-ok on my end.

Hey At, welcome back mate! Don't let anything stop you from enjoying your time here. Get on board with us testers and give the new expac a shot. I know you love testing and trying out new things, this is your chance :D Logged in myself rn, chilling at the SS beach and just letting the ocean sounds relax us a bit. Son with me rn, ambient sounds making him sleepy.

Edit: Before I forget, since I know you're on Linux too. Switching to Beta is just like on Windows, but on Linux + Steam + Proton + Ubuntu you have to add this launch command to EQ2 in Steam before switching to the Beta version of EQ2. This will loosen up security for the EQ2 Proton bottle / dir / prefix, which in turn should allow for additional files to be downloaded from Launchpad (from Beta). Not doing this might result in an insufficient hard drive space error due to Proton lacking writing rights for said dir / prefix.

All bells and whistles activated:

PROTON_SET_GAME_DRIVE=1 gamemoderun %command% --disable-gpu
    Breanna and Aterskia like this.
  8. Zylara Well-Known Member

I thought the ascensions were supposed to be phased out altogether, i was happy in that idea as when they first came out thats when I took a yrs break as I hated them that much! PS If adding more spells we need on hotbars...can we get MORE hotbars cause Im already maxed out on my Troub with no spaces even for call to home sheesh
    Lysia, Breanna, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  9. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

You're not alone in this feeling! I had heard rumors that they would be phased out, and I was so glad. I want my hotbar space back, I want to be my class and not a mix of my class and this other thing. Sigh.
    Lysia, Breanna, GrunEQ and 2 others like this.
  10. Tashir New Member

Bought preorder and can't access VoV. I had not bought VoV but thought it would be available with the preorder.....
  11. Faery Member

Seems like to me that the new home will have no exterior again ? That's a bit sad, there wasn't one in Vetrovia as well... I wonder too, why the class of the new merc is never mentioned? ( even if we can more or less guess it...)
    Aterskia likes this.
  12. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Usually all other prevoius expansions become available when the new expansion ( if you bought it ) goes live.
  13. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Usually the new merc is inquisitor/healer so it is good for all classes but who knows ...
  14. Tashir New Member

Yeah I think this was the first expansion I didn’t buy and now that the sale is over I don’t think there is an option to buy it anymore. Oh well. Guess when RoR comes out I will have two to play.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am trilled it IS a peacock I thought people were talking about some other creature Sturmlocke I love those birds :D, that might be a reason I preorder that expansion.

I made it into the game about 15 minutes after my last post.
    Sorry, but I do not care about a house without an outside, and I am not talking about some place in the middle of the ocean again, or some bubble in the middle of space like the last one, even that the top level was something of a greenhouse or winter garden.
    Breanna, Aterskia and Sturmlocke like this.
  16. Aterskia Active Member

me's tink me'es reeds it be's healer AND companion!
    sooo, wat dis means "AND companion"?!
  17. Accendo Guest

This is a known issue and a fix is in the works.
    kelisw, Manafizzle and Sturmlocke like this.
  18. Arclite Well-Known Member

I am trying to install the beta for the past 2 hours but the launch pad just stops installing after 48 mb of 206 mb and eventually an error comes up related to launch pad issues. I have deleted my old beta folder and created a new one and still run into the same problem. Anybody else experiencing this?
  19. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Oh I agree, love exotic pets and mounts tbh. Still waiting on that speedy snail mount from Never Ending Story tbh:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

LOL. Edit: In fact, throw in Falcor too while we're at it.
    Breanna, Valaran and Michaile like this.
  20. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Nope, all fine here, but running Linux. Have you tried running Launchpad as admin via right-click? What's the error message?