Nights of the Dead 2022 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Nights of the Dead has been activated on Test server!

Goblins and ghoulies emerge from the dark crevices across Norrath in celebration of Nights of the Dead!

Whether you’re digging up a ghoulish good time in your favorite city, hunting ghosts in Antonica, or the Commonlands, setting up trick-or-treat stations in Freeport or Qeynos, or investigating any of the other haunted locations on this mortal plane, Terris-Thule is bound to have a good scare in store for you!

Those inclined to celebrate the holiday with a few crafting tricks or treats will find a new book of recipes full of new house items to craft, sold by Lil’ Boo, one of the official event merchants, along with other new items, while Haint, another merchant, sells the returning must-have items. There’s enough between the two of them to create your own haunted house!

New Features for '22!
    TLE Servers
    • Varsoon - A special Nights of the Dead themed merchant is located in the city of Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District.
    • Kaladim, Kael Drakkel & Tarinax - The event is active, with the following exception (due to expansion availability):
      • Headless or Tails (Headless Horseman PQ)
    Live servers
    • Added "Nights of the Dead treats" to drop as loot from Visions of Vetrovia undead and creepy crawlie beasts. It can either be sold to merchant for coin, or be used in tradeskilling.
    • 11 New house items and equipment sold by Lil' Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant, including a new mount!
    • 2 New costume illusions sold by Lil' Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant.
    • New holiday recipe book "Celebrations of the Dead XV" available from Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail informs everybody of the event!
    • Returning merchant items and recipes are being sold by Haint, a Nights of the Dead merchant, available in all player cities.
    • Achievements!
      • Baying at the Moon [series]
      • Calcified skeleton kills [series]
      • Wake the Dead
      • Candy Crusher
      • Closet Full of Skeletons
      • Tricky Treats
      • Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire
      • Nights of the Dead Devotee
    • Collections!
      • Facing Your Fears
      • Spook-tacular Cookies
      • Final Arrangements
      • Werehunter's Survival Kit
      • Ghost Hunter's Pack
      • Grave Memories
      • Frightfully Frosted Cupcakes
      • A Swinging Wake
      • The Hollow Hedge Collection
      • Crunchy Candied Crickets
      • Deadly Remnants
      • Frightfull Fabric
      • Ghoulish Masks
      • The Great Haunt
    • Events!
      • Wake the Dead event in Qeynos, Freeport, Kelethin, New Halas, Gorowyn, Darklight Wood, Haven, Maj'Dul, and Great Divide.
        • New house item added
        • New building block recipe book added
        • “Sanguine Witchcraft” clothing pieces returned to the random treat box
        • Removed the "Phantasm Witchcraft” clothing pieces
        • Removed “Fresh Grave Mound” and “Catacomb Brick Building Blocks” recipe book
      • Haunted House in Qeynos and Freeport.
      • Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains
      • Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest!
      • Calcified skeletons spawning in Antonica, the Commonlands, and Nektulos Forest.
      • Ponchy's quest line in Antonica.
      • Gigglegibber Goblins in the player cities that cast illusion costumes on players.
      • Candy drops!
    • Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: Crinn Bryggin in Nektulos Forest
        • Bite Club - Topi di Ombra
        • Bite Club - Night Reapers
        • Bite Club - Bonecrunchers
        • Bite Club - Sun Manes
        • Bite Club - Wards of Dawn
    • Quests!
      • Headless or Tails (Headless Horseman PQ) - repeatable
      • Trick or Treatskiller - repeatable annually
      • Night of the Barking Dead - repeatable annually
      • Broken Mirrors - repeatable annually
      • A Dream, By Any Other Name - repeatable annually
      • Survive the Night - repeatable annually
      • The Haunting - repeatable (18 hours)
      • This Won't End Well... - repeatable annually
      • There Will Be Ghosts - repeatable
      • A Nightmarish Illness - not repeatable
      • A Nightmarish Return - repeatable
    • Races!
      • Ghost Hunter: Commonlands
      • Ghost Hunter: Antonica
    Due to the current update schedule, any feedback submitted after 10/8 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 10/13/22 at 12:01 AM PDT through 11/02/22 at 11:59 PM PDT on the live & TLE servers.

Happy hauntings!

~ Kaitheel
  2. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Does Varsoon get body dropped candy and will the varsoon server merchant have the recipe books?

Feedback: if you have time to add the recipe books and body drop candy loot to the Varsoon merchant it would allow us to decorate much more expansively and creatively.

I know the quests hardlocked behind the expansions they take place in and that you are also in expansion quest building mode. So my expectations are realistic.Thanks so much for considering.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

No problems with the items from the new recipe books or the new merchant purchased items.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the Furious Spirit in "An Abandoned Mansion" for "Broken Mirrors" scales perfectly to 125. It took a really long time to bring it down in each room and I don't think it took that long previously. It was always lengthy but not that much iirc.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I haven't done the haunted houses for years now, so I ran the grave quests, the Qeynos HH then proceeded to Somborn. I didn't remember you could dual that house.
    Anyway, would it be possible to move the "Goulish Night Tapestry" reward from "This Won't End Well" to be an optional reward (might replace it with corn or just as an option). I remember now why I don't run this quest any more, too many tens of banners!

I had problems with the Hedge Hollow. First time around, the cut-scenes didn't trigger (I typed again and again the escape button out of blackness) and it worked for the gnome but Altius didn't trigger. I crossed back the maze to him and it worked.
    Second run through the zone, cut-scene took a long time to load and unload but it worked on the first try.

Anyway, I completed all the quests at 125 (except McQuibble 'cause well, nope, don't want to) and had no problems.
    I'll craft & buy stuff tomorrow *yawn*
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Question regarding "Trick or Treatskiller".
    Is there a despawn timer for the dispensers?
    I ran it with Yava earlier and placed the candies down and completed the quest while Leu was on the Qeynos HH. I then did Splitpaw, Somborn and a everything in Nek and thought "hey, I'll do that quest on Leu too". So it's been somewhere between 1h & 2h and the dispensers (all 3 of them) are still up so I cannot place mine down. My chars where grouped at the time but only Yava had the quest. There's only 6 of us on the server so I don't think anyone just rushed to do it. I tried camping to self but it's still there. It's too late to wait for a despawn right now so I'll go to sleep!
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

uuuuuuuuuuuuhhh it's here

Damm, Night of the Dead, new Panda quests, Prelude event and City fest, it's going to be a fun week.
    owe the catacomb building blocks were taken out :(

I think I can answer some of your questions oakmisser , all Varsoon will get is a merchant with some NoD items,
    in Freeport or Qeynos.
    There will be no recipes on the merchant, so no need for candy dropping from mobs.

I wonder if we could get the graves on Varsoon, pretty please.
  8. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Large Gray Wastes Maple - floating a bit when initially placed

Petamorph : Incensed Lich - bigger default size pls!

all three types of bone barriers from the recipe - their default sizes are rather small

Necromancer's Summoning Ceremony - can it be made a bit bigger?
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Test Taffies Active Member

In game email did not arrive, even after zoning. Will check the guy in Mara. (nope, no mail)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No! The Catacomb building blocks?! Those are the only ones we have for NotD! :(

Well, okay, there are the various bone things, but that's only tiles and dividers; it doesn't have all the options the Catacomb stuff does. :(

EDIT: If they're removing the Catacomb Brick stuff (bad idea, imho), what's the new building block set? Has anyone gotten it yet?

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sometimes, like in the last couple of expacs, I've run into the problem of "Aw, you're only level 100? 110? 120, even? Aw... Well, I am LEVEL 100! LEVEL 110!! LEVEL 120!!! DIE, PUNY MORTAL WORM; YOU CAN NEVER, EVER DAMAGE ME ENOUGH! Muahahahahahahahahahah! >:->" a time or two, and the only thing that "cured" it was auto-mentoring down 5-10 levels below. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders if that happens at 125 now, too... X-P
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  12. Test Taffies Active Member

the NotD neriak tree guy isn't in his usual spot. (Head scratch, ponders where to get new character the dead tree)
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It's the Unrest Stone building blocks, very beautiful brick set.
    \aITEM 1704227424 569079667 0 0 0:[Unrest Stone Building Blocks]\/a

[IMG]
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ok, Leucosia is bugged, I still have the dispenser showing in all 3 places. I deleted the quest and retook it and they spawn right away.
    I see in my "completed quest" tab that I completed it last today (10/01/2022) but I didn't complete it. Leucosia is the only character that did that quest in the past (last year), that's why I wanted to do it several times as I only had one of the plushies in stock. It might be a repeatability issue.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I confirm that I didn't get it either (including on at least one char, Blanchette, who I checked doesn't have mails from previous years)
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, cool! :D

Thanks! :)

Uwk
    still pulling hair out over trying to GET the bloody scroll...I have data... X-P
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nor I, in my first two toons so far... :(

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Question: My second toon to get into the event today got hit with the Splodey Pumpkins like half a dozen times, often when I was in the process of picking up after the first two or three. ;-> What, exactly, is the proper etiquette for such? I know the one throwing them can't pick up anything from them; should we offer the collectibles we already have back to the thrower? Should we just thank them and be appreciative? :-/

Uwk
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just ask them ;p
  20. Elosul New Member

Will there be upgraded loot and some rare drops as the Horseman Hallow Belt as well or is it just the same as last year and the year before? It was very disappointing to see last year that nothing has changed...