low adv level wizard power regen, mine is 44

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Geroblue, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed this on other characters, but I haven't run many Wizards.

I added two adorns to this Wizard 19 adv and the power regen went from 42, to 44.

So I was curious what else I could do to increase power regen. In looking at several things on the wiki, I found level 80 and up items.

Here is the character. Any info to increase power regen for this level will be apprecitated.

[IMG]

Thanks !
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Ozzio Member

Go into your achievements page in character development - under non-combat there is a skill called Mental Breach. Which you can choose and gives power regen when out of combat. This is assuming you picked gnome as your race as your avatar would suggest. ;)
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Nope, the character is a half-elf. Which is why I posted the eq2 wire character link.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  4. Twyla Well-Known Member

Do you use harvest mana while in combat? My wizard has never had a problem losing power, at the beginning of a boss fight I do harvest mana then if needed hit it again.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Ozzio Member

Oh my apologies. Only other thing I can think of is woodworker totems like Totem of the Rat. They also give out of combat power regen for 30min I think.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Not a problem.

There are pots that I have bought that give 86 power. Doesn't say how long it lasts though. Likely used up rather quickly.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed that in the skills/spells. My power regen might up a bit when the character gets to 20 adv level.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Twyla Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry didn't realize you were that young. The skill will appear as you level. And yes, your regen will up a bit as you level. Also, see if you can get some food and/or drink that gives out of combat power regeneration.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have goblin goo and battlemaster brew. It just seemed lower than my other mage type characters. I have a coercer as well.

Hopefully you meant the character was young... :)
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I logged into a different account with a 21 adv level Wizard.

As you can see, power regen at 83. Both characters have goblin goo stew and battlemaster battle brew. The 21 adv level character has an additional buff to increase a few stats.

[IMG]
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Your coercer should have better power regen, since that's the main role of a coercer.
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

And it doesn't add to total power, it adds to power when power is slow.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Some things to try to help with your own power:
    Of course, the best available drink for your level is a must.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm using the Essence of Power potions. I'll check into the rest.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Twyla Well-Known Member

LOL, yes, I was referring to your character. Although I like to think we are ALL young at heart. ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, young character. And I do think I am mostly young at heart.

I started a new Guardian yesterday... their power regen was less than 100 as well. Looks like i just misremembered power regen.
  17. Zornar Member

I have a necromancer Merc from Neriak, Gandol Deathwing, who is always casting the consumable Dark Heart for me. Dark Heart can convert some health into power. I believe you need to be evil to enter the city safely at a low level or get a high-level character to kill or distract the guards for you.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Wonder if the conjuror merc will cast shards? Of course, you could just get a merc that's an illusionist or coercer to power you!