Necro/Conjuror Questions

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Koral, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Koral New Member

1) What does each class bring to a raid or group that makes them wanted?

2) Using a merc, do both classes handle harder content pretty equally?

3) How many Necros and Conjurors are welcome/needed in a raid?

Thanks!
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

1) DPS lol and power help via shards/hearts

2) The pet does massive damage on its own so soloing and doing solo zones shouldn't be an issue

3) It depends on the raid setup but we use 2 necros and a conj in my main raid; 2 conj, 2 necros in another raid I join
  3. Koral New Member

Thanks for the reply. I do know they are DPS classes, I was more talking about other than DPS what do they bring. I know a Necro can rez and a Conj can CotH, but do either bring unique raid buffs or anything like that?
  4. Twisty Well-Known Member

you're likely overthinking your next move if you're at a decision crossroads on which dps to play. literally only thing needed from any dps is not afk'ing and paying attention to your gearing - no raidleader in current meta will care about class realistically. only possible (tho even then unlikely) consideration is scout vs mage cause of where spot is available in pre-existing raid groups

both summoners are fine dps at moment, conj is between 20-40% higher in farm depending on fight length, necro is a lot more valuable to overall success in progression if in right hands. this may, and even likely to, change in some way before you're able to catch up your toon to raid status, so pre-planning it that far in advance is unfortunatley a fool's errand. they very well may be both trash by time u get there and xpac hits. frankly likely all mages are scheduled to be absolute trash again on xpac for couple months unless major combatMit overhaul coming (unlikely)

conj brings some ok-ish additiona proc dps to a couple ppl in their group. necro hearts are ridiculously strong raid-wide power utility at moment. u dont want to raid without real powerfeeders if u want to respect yourself in the morning but u can with hearts if u really have no choice
    Pixistik likes this.