don't forget...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kotter, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Kotter Legendary Member

to buy your xp pots for DoF while they're on sale!
  2. Muffincookie Active Member

Whats the rush?
    People will only complain "I have nothing more to do" sooner if they powerlevel to max lvl. Take it slow and enjoy id say.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

"I have nothing more to do"
    Yes slowing down leveling to 6 hours from 2 hours really changes the longevity of DoF.
  4. Spectre Active Member

I have 17 50s... Shows what rushing does =P
    Kotter likes this.
  5. Muffincookie Active Member

Then its not even worth wasting money on.
  6. Kotter Legendary Member

a lot of players like getting "discos".
  7. Ayodi Active Member

Buy exp pots. Rush to end. Spend all our time backtracking on the content we should have done at challenge level. No sir. We can play properly without purchasing an advantage. exp pots=weak.

-the Ayodi
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  8. Arandar Well-Known Member

Aside from raids, there is no "challenge content" in DoF. There are no difficult dungeons, and virtually every quest is "go over there, kill this or click that". Engaging your brain is not required, and the experience is not substantively different if you're level 50 or level 60. If you want to extend that out for hours longer than someone else chooses to, that's fine, but it has nothing to do with being "weak".
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I agree, I do..they certainly put a stop to that on the last server launch, what a cluster, they booted me and put me in an ever increasing cue... Not their finest moment
    Now
    I don't really care what they do, if folks want to rush, more power to em
  10. Ayodi Active Member

Refraining to do anything of substance until we hit expansion level limit and then turning to go back and do make up work is in fact the best admission we can't handle doing content at the intended level. And as to challenge as a descriptor to content, challenge is the original way of saying meeting EQII content AT LEVEL, ie addressing a level 35 HQ when the player toon is level 35. Challenge instances in dungeons will not be in game until RoK (ish) content, any attempt to draw a line to that is,
    a shine that we are new to the game :) The discovery position is not believable because like their SONY predecessors, DBG retains discovery data with off site, 3rd party contractors and just like sony, when DBG sells off entirely game to a new company, that buyer will not sustain the contracts with the 3rd party data services, and the data will be lost, just like all the discovery stats were lost when EQII changed hands from sony. No, the drive to race to end is tied to simply seeking advantage so we don't have to expend effort. No amount of wiggling can change it, and unfortunately, that is the way quite a few of us play.

-the Ayodi
  11. Kotter Legendary Member

buying marketplace items also helps pay for the game development.
  12. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

more importantly, don't forget to turn your XP back on!
  13. Naneeje Well-Known Member

That's why outfitting the team in a solid player-created set of gear is showing some good support!
  14. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Except it's not. Whatever thing or event has already been disco'd what...8? 9? times already? I'd say remaining in the game is for the friendships.
  15. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

1. Log in, first thing: Turn XP back on.
    2. Actually, physically have your character get on the carpet and go to the Sinking Sands.
    3. THEN go back to town and turn your collections etc in that you have been saving for the XP boost.

It has happened before (a few times) that even though the content has been added to the game, they forget to put the carpet out and turn it 'on'. It's also happened that people ran to turn collections in very first thing and there was no XP for them, as per above. So check first.
    Cheallaigh and Arandar like this.
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

Good point. They partially forgot to do that for the beta. The carpet worked, but for about half the beta test the server still "thought" it was in classic content. The mount speed hadn't increased, the travel griffons/horses weren't enabled, harvesting ponies didn't work correctly, etc. etc. It seems to be something they overlook on the regular.

Another way to check to make sure things look right is just check your mount speed. If it still shows 29% instead of 33%, then they haven't flipped all the right switches.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.