Exactly what date on Varsoon does Desert of Flame unlock?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Morte, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Luceus Member

This may hold true during KOS/EOF but there isn't enough high level content to keep people happy for 4 months
  2. Freddie_Mercury Member

Sooo... Did I miss it somewhere? When is DoF being released?
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

It's unlocking on Tuesday, September 13th.
    Freddie_Mercury likes this.
  4. Freddie_Mercury Member

is that official somewhere? I know people keep casually mentioning that. But I couldn't find it anywhere? I must have missed something
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Sunlei likes this.
  6. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Zenji likes this.
  7. Muffincookie Active Member

Although, we were happy about it several years ago. Maybe players got to picky?
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

o_O
    It should not be surprising that nostalgia does not keep people engaged for the same amount of time after 18 years.
    Spectre and Dude like this.
  9. Naneeje Well-Known Member

The fact that people can't get a solid answer on when Varsoon's amazing expansion Desert of Flames, the same update many people quit playing live for, the same update that many current Varsoonians took a short break a few weeks ago for, this awesome update has zero advertising or even any hype going on except what we generate on Discord forums.

So, without further ado, here you go!

Varsoon should drop tomorrow, woohoo!
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I doubt it will get better.

Only places I've seen mention of EQ/EQ II are on here and Facebook.
    Naneeje likes this.
  11. Kotter Legendary Member

what about myspace?
    Dude and Zenji like this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

There is an ad in the yellowpages.
    Breanna, Morukta and Dude like this.
  13. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I kind of liked the "All Summoner" Raid.
  14. Arandar Well-Known Member

Advertising to gamers on Facebook has this same energy. [IMG]
    Naneeje and Geroblue like this.
  15. Arandar Well-Known Member

You mean on the TLEs? Stormhold was definitely not happy about it, and they had shorter unlocks that were theoretically controlled by the players (there's both good and bad when it comes to that, but a different discussion). Nostalgia is a big part of all of this, of course, but we can't "unlearn" everything. We know where to go, what to do, the optimal paths through said content and many of us have done it all before, many times. That "fresh expansion smell" is going to get rather musty much faster.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Myspace has gone to... something. But its original luster is long gone from what I can tell.
    Breanna and Naneeje like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a paper phone book in over 10 years.
    Breanna, Naneeje and ttobey like this.
  18. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Hmm. No phone books, no Facebook, No Myspace... what's a boomer to do....
    TikTok of course...
    since you guys fell short on advertising, don't worry, the entire world knows it's out tomorrow because I posted a TikTok...
    #EQ2 being fifty or something. Couldn't think of a more boomer name to say, "Yes, I dominated Myspace..."
    So there you go, expect a very large crowd tomorrow all because of my TikTok... it has one view already...
    Geroblue likes this.
  19. Zornar Member

On August 30, a post on the News and Announcement Forums announced, Varsoon Desert of Flames Beta open NOW!

It also said Desert of Flames went live on Sept. 13.

I guess they should have put that part in the title too.
    Dude and Geroblue like this.
  20. FunkDeezy New Member

I am, by no means, a "hardcore" player. I played a couple to few hours a day maybe less on the weekends. Raided all the base game content. 16 weeks was far too long. I ended up getting 6 characters to level 50, adventure and tradeskill and raided quite a bit on 2 of them. I haven't logged in for probably 4-5 weeks now as there just isn't much left that I haven't already done. I did not rush to level, I mostly quested my way through the levels did some group grinding on alts to help fellow guildmates level. I think devs need to hold a community vote in game that shows them were the majority of players are at, to decide the cadence for expansion releases instead of static times. That way even the progression of TLE is community driven.