"Secrets of the Sands" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Prelude event "Secrets of the Sands" is now active on Test!

Years ago, desperate to expand his legion, Lord Kerafyrm, the awakened prismatic dragon, prophesied to be the destroyer of Norrath, came to possess a draconic arcane item of magnificent power. Although its use did not result in what he had intended, it had opened a portal to another thread of reality – a Norrath shaped by different events and results. Here he found the army of Dyn'leth, a mighty force of dragon and Elddar mixed lineage, known commonly as aerakyn. He slew Dyn'leth, their mighty leader, and bound the army to his every command. Kerafyrm returned with aerakyn in tow, cutting them off from their home. Following his defeat at Ages End they were left to their own devices, strangers in a foreign land.

Some aerakyn found stability and familiarity within their own enclaves in Freeport, while others found understanding and acceptance amongst the people of Qeynos, but a yearning to return home, a yearning to be back where they were raised, with loved ones and purpose, has remained a common feeling, no matter where they chose to settle. And settling is how it has felt for so many of them.

Something has happened recently, pulling these feelings to the surface, and adding a sense of urgency to their cause. Whatever it was and whatever it means for Norrath we must now venture there together and brave the Secrets of the Sands!

Report to Silrena in the city of Freeport or Faezoth in Qeynos Capitol District to begin your adventure!

Event Features:
    • In-game mail alerting the player of the event
    • New Adventure quest
    • New daily mission quest
    • New quest unlocked instances
    • 3 new repeatable tradeskill quests
    • New collection
    • New faction to earn
    • New event merchant, with faction earned items for sale, located at the Oasis of Marr in the Sinking Sands has 64 new items (including a new mount and a new building blocks, and pets)!
    This event content is currently set to activate on 9/15/22 on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread. This event will run in-game for quite some time, but please submit as much feedback as possible before 9/11 to ensure it is received in time for the event launch on 9/15/22.

I am so pleased to be able to get Test involved with this year's expansion prelude event before it is on live!

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Be aware the Large Hanging Incense Burner and the Palatial Extended Incense Burner are pink boxes, currently.

Hopefully that art bug gets resolved soon!

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

Crafting: can we have use of the fire pit for crafting and use of blueprint once the recipe has been crafted successfully.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

The blueprint option specifically says it won't give quest credit so I'm guessing that's going to be a no. The other suggestion I'm all for.

The djinn motes were a bit of a pain to start with only cause I didn't know what zone to be looking in.

It would be great if these tradeskill recipes didn't eat "Whatever" I just had to intervene before it consumed all rares out of the depot. Please restrict it to commons.

[IMG]
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

NPC 147394 Baniti:Baniti\/a says to you, "Outsiders come to these lands seeking one of several things: fortune, thrills, solitude, clarity, even destruction. Mostly they find hardship and a new reason to go back where they came." I think it needs 'from' added to read go back from where they came
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

Quest Cache Back [Event] can we get more ancient scrolls so we can get the update for two people?
  7. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Faction gain (nomads) might need a boost for adventuring side imo.

'Harvested metal' requirement doesn't seem to include/count some harvestables, for example Beryllium Cluster

Build components for Camel Saddlebag & Leather Waterskin just says "some harvested", not "some 'common' harvested"
  8. Kasa Well-Known Member

The flame on the Pewter Candle Plate not scaling up, the other items on the faction merchant are good.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Attained max ally faction with Nomads of Ro, no achievement or title.
    If nothing can be added, perhaps something purchasable from the merchant that gives a suffix or prefix?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  10. Raeven Well-Known Member

Please clue me in, because I can't find them.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Baniti's dialogue was, "Rumors are, clouds of motes have been awakened and carried on whispering winds high above."

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Better yet... I'll make those updates shared with group members. Good catch!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

The firepit is not a crafting station, but there is a cooking station nearby! Check out the tents near the Sinking Sands dock.

No, the blueprint system is not for quest credit.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Typo will be fixed.

~ Kaitheel
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Good catch! That may be where some of the consumption of rares was coming from.

Yeah, 3 recipes were not set up to exclude rares. Pot of Fatteh, Leather Waterskin, and Camel Saddlebag.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Raeven Well-Known Member

I was looking where i thought was "high above", the dunes in sinking sands, the little isle where the djinn are in Pillars of Flame.

I suggest that instead of "high above" Baniti says "of an isle in the sky".
  17. Miragian Well-Known Member

If you don't know that the starting island in Barren Sky is "Whisper Wing" the high above hint thing would probably be a bit harder. That said, I doubt it will take any time at all for the info to spread or for it to end up in the wiki.
  18. Raeven Well-Known Member

I know the name of that island, but it has been so long since i adventured in that zone that it did not immediately pop into my head. And "high above" is really vague, I honestly thought above the cliffs in sinking sands qualified as "high above". And yes, word will spread, that's how i got it, by asking in general chat on Test, and of course it will end up in the wiki.

So why should I even bother making suggestions, since word will spread and it will end up in the wiki?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Miragian Well-Known Member

To be honest I searched a lot of Sinking Sands, and then Maj'dul trying to find it. It was only after I noticed that the word choice was the same did I realize it was in Barren Sky. Well, that and the zone was: ??? so there was no limit to where it could be.

I guess it comes down to how much of a challenge is suppose to be. Its not impossible as is but, as I mentioned, there might be a lot of people that don't realize its a place. Particularly as most quests aren't that spread out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given that there is only one shiny per instance, and no other benefit to doing the instance multiple times, can we have the lockout timer shortened or removed like the last event's?
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I just came here for a hint, this was my next stop. I tried the various islands in SS first and was pondering trying Pillars or Baren. I tried SS first because I thought there would be a more obvious hint if we were sent to the Overrealm.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.