Harvesting tools ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ozzio, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Ozzio Member

Does this game still have harvesting tools? I can seem to find them on my character sheet and there aren't any on the broker.
    Cassta, Soara2, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  2. Daryx Well-Known Member

If you mean the original ones when the game came out, no, those don't exist anymore.

However, there are tinkered harvesting tools that increase harvest speed and skill, and woodworker made ones as well. For tinkered look for Automated Watersafe Net, Automated Shears, and Automated Pickaxe, and the Combine Harvester. The automated ones come in three levels depending on your highest level.

The woodworker ones are several version of a (wood type) harvesting tool, e.g. ash harvesting kit or compact sumac harvesting kit. Which one you can use depends again on your level.

Both types have to be attuned and then you can set them up to auto-consume (right click).
    Cassta, Soara2, Ozzio and 1 other person like this.
  3. Daryx Well-Known Member

Oh, there is also a Gi of the Ashen Artisan that increases speed and skill, as well as mounts and jewelry if you have never run across those (jewelry from a merchant in the Village of Shin and from the hourly "group" missions), tools and other gear from quests. Best to check on the wiki or eq2traders.com for the consolidated harvesting lists!
    Cassta, Soara2, Ozzio and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ozzio Member

Thank you. :)
    Cassta and Soara2 like this.
  5. Denmum Developer

Sigrdrifa, Ozzio, Soara2 and 5 others like this.
  6. Ozzio Member

One last question. Do the racial bonuses that Humans and Sarnaks get for harvesting, stack with all the bonuses off items?
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Up to a certain point. There is a hard limit on how fast you can harvest. The Kunark Ascending Gathering Goblin-turned-mercenary quest which gives you a buff that reduces all harvests to 1.5 seconds is pretty much the best the game is ever going to have.
    Cassta, Soara2, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ozzio Member

OK I was planning on using one of my 120 boosts on a character specifically for harvesting. So he would be using the highest items. So I can probably make whatever race I like then. (gnome) :D

Thank you for the reply.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Cassta, Soara2 and Twyla like this.
  10. Ozzio Member

Is there any harvesting to be done past 100? I don't see any higher mats on broker. How do you get expert skills/spells?
  11. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yes, there is harvesting after 100. You probably don't see any on the broker yet because people are using what they gather atm.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kunark Ascending did not have harvesting, except for these big blossoms that cough up a rare when clicked. The crafting materials were still the same as in Terrors of Thalumbra. After that, Planes of Prophecy has its own harvestables.