Exactly what date on Varsoon does Desert of Flame unlock?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Morte, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Morte Member

Does anyone know the exact date on Varsoon server that the first expansion unlocks? I think the first expansion is Desert of Flame.
  2. Elskidorr Active Member

Mid September unless they're feeling generous and do it early. Of course they could be late too.
  3. Beneeto Member

desert of flames?
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

I think the official date is Sooooon™, with it increasing by 1 day every time someone asks when DoF is going to be unlocked.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

16 weeks from launch would put it at September 13th.

Would love to see it a week early on the 6th, to match mid content coming a week early.
    Fourg likes this.
  6. Spectre Active Member

I am 100% with you. I would like to see an early release myself. They should have made all the TLE expansion releases 10 weeks, I am making way too many alts as it is =P
    Xiao, Fourg and Elskidorr like this.
  7. Elskidorr Active Member

Classic and DoF each being 8 weeks long would have been smart.
    Fourg likes this.
  8. Arandar Well-Known Member

There's a whole bunch of players who are a lot more casual than what you seem to think. I still see newer people just joining, or have been playing a while and still in their 20s and 30s. They're either doing the completionist thing, or just only play a few days a week. Structuring the server exclusively towards people who play every day and churn through content has the practical effect of excluding more casual players because they feel they'll never catch up, so they give up.

Edit: Also, there's no rule that says you must play on the TLE exclusively and once you've reached your goals end-game, there's nothing for you to do but stare blankly at your monitor, wishing for the next expansion to unlock. There's the standard servers, and shockingly, there are also other games you can play while you wait for new content to become available.
  9. DENSER Well-Known Member

Agree with the previous post, I meet, play with many new players. for the elders it may seem long for those cited, not at all.
    And these new ones are far from being the most present on the forum or discord
    Karioki, KauaiJim and Siren like this.
  10. Arandar Well-Known Member

That's another good point. Those of us here (and on Discord) need to remind ourselves that we are a (very) vocal minority in the community at large. The majority of EQ2 players never visit these forums regularly, and even fewer post here.
    Karioki, KauaiJim and Siren like this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

I was going to type of another long winded explanation why everything you said is ridiculous.

But it would have had no effect. So all you get is :rolleyes:
    Spectre likes this.
  12. Arandar Well-Known Member

Your condescension aside, a two month release cycle, with mid-expansion and hunters a month after release, would probably be too fast for the vast majority of the population.
  13. Unrivaled Member

Did you know that the level 1-50 content will still be there regardless of if we're in say KOS or DOF, and those same players who are late to the party will actually level faster and easier because of AA's.

We could make it easier for newer player to level up and keep the higher level players happy.
    Zenji likes this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

You're assuming, quite wrongly, that every player wants to whip through/past vanilla and blast to cap with DoF. Many players actually want to play all the content.
  15. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

If players want to "actually play" "all of the content", they either already have friends that they do all the quests with or they're doing it solo. There is not a lot a large quantity of players who are doing this to be getting pugs with. The content progressing beyond this changes nothing for these people and, quite frankly, I'm tired of people using it as an argument to hold the rest of the population back. If it takes a person 6 months to complete every Shattered Lands zone, that does not mean that the rest of us should be stuck in Shattered Lands instead of KoS simply because Person 6 Month doesn't want to "be behind".
    Zenji likes this.
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

It is what it is, we'll find out when it unlocks when they decide to tell us.
  17. Mashef Member

Not soon enough is the correct answer. It was a lot of discussion pre-server launch but 16 weeks is absolute lunacy. 75% of the server stopped logging in 6 weeks ago and we have 3 more weeks to go. Crazy.
  18. Spectre Active Member

19. Fourg New Member

Yep. I'm having to result to gimmick's just to keep people logging in for raid nights, because once they stop coming to raid nights, they stop playing the game. Last week as Alts only raid night, this week it's level 10 or below gear, next week it's naked with only your weapon. 16 weeks was a big mistake.
  20. naomesh New Member

16 weeks was a great idea.

Daily/weekly mandatory playing is a big mistake. Grinding through content, skipping most of it to min/max is a mistake.
    Bekkr and Siren like this.