Obol Obscura ( purple coin )

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by mickealangelo, Aug 24, 2022.

1. mickealangelo New Member

Making the coin Heirloom 95 % of the other coins are Heirloom why not the Obol Obscura ?
    Terrius, Svenone, Tridav and 7 others like this.
  2. Cyenadros Active Member

because they want to keep those elite 390 resolve armor EXCLUSIVE, or else every main would be rolling in ethereals...
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

Who cares? 4 months and its replaced by heroic II. There are people with 5-6 Monolithic pieces by now
    Bhayar and Nunja like this.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

That’s pretty good luck then lol. Even 100% off of trak and we haven’t seen chain. 75% off wing three and we’ve seen two monolith items…50% off wing two, we’ve seen one and the first wing has 25% drop rate and we have seen none.

I’ve yet to see the boots drop in either kurns and run everyday lol. So those that have all pieces..that’s some rng lol….still farming obols for helm and hands, just because I quit running the weeklies when I wasn’t chasing gloves lol, had I not then I would have the helm already. . So eh, still think no trade is fine. Want to gear on another toon then run the zones. If you’re trying to farm on multiple toons for your main, then you’ll be just fine lol. Still have time till the next expac.
  5. Axel New Member

I have not seen a decision whether they coins will become heirloom for next xpac, but I have earned over 10000 of the coins and have 3500 sitting unused on my toons. It would be nice to get the green adorn up to 1-2 levels higher by pooling coins and getting more of the items for one toon.
    AOE1 and Tyrval like this.
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

ALL coins, regardless of name, should be heirloom. It is absolutely stupid to have them stuck where they cannot be moved to an alt. And it might help if we didn't get 3 or more new currencies with every xpack in the first place.
    Svenone, Breanna, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this assessment. Considering how much DBG wants to make money, I just don't see why they can't see this as an obvious move to make more income off accounts.
    Obano and Breanna like this.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

Except that they intentionally set prices to limit how quickly the items can be earned. If the currency is heirloom, there is no time limit to how quickly you can earn the item if you have enough alts.

The coins are not heirloom for a reason, whether you like it or not. I don't know how you think making the coins heirloom would make them more income.
  9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I guess I will just wait and see when I start the second page of currency. The list of leftovers is so long now it takes forever to scroll down to the bottom of the page. A slight exaggeration but the point is made.

Regardless of what they claim, it is ridiculous. And our alts make them more money in the long run. We still buy stuff for those alts. The alts keep us playing. DB needs to worry about keeping players because subs pay the bills and sales of the expansions pays the bills and the marketplace pays the bills but keep running players off, NOTHING pays the bills.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, it's simple really and I'm not being sarcastic saying that. People with alts tend to spend money on alts for a variety of reasons. That said, if everything is lore, there is zero incentive to work on alts because no one can be on 24 hrs a day trying to bring multiple toons up to speed with equipment or items on one toon that can't be utilized by same account and therefore, completely useless. It's a simple marketing concept. Put another way, as a company, do you want to have single, big dollar transactions or hundreds of smaller dollar transactions? There was a time when you could actually work on a number of toons. Now, if you're lucky, you can manage 2, maybe 3. And because of decisions, God forbid you decide to leave the game for 3-5 years (or longer) and try to come back and catch up. And finally, how many times have people talked about combining all that useless currency sitting in your "currency account?" It sucks up data space, going nowhere, doing nothing. Yes, there may be a "reason" these aren't heirloom, but it doesn't necessarily follow that it's a logical one that makes sense. Sort of like, why is "block" an attribute on mage armor?
    AOE1 and Priority like this.
  11. ajcz66 New Member

Obols should at this point be heirloom, period. There aren't any "cons" to doing this as far as daybreak's cash flow. I will leave a game and cancel my account out of frustration and monotony LONG before I continue to see small things like this that can be fixed and streamlined.
    AOE1 likes this.
  12. Obano Well-Known Member

Last expansion's ethereals should be retired at this point. Let people buy monolith upgrades with RoR coins and stop forcing people to run old content for Obols.
    Bhayar, Smashey and AOE1 like this.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

The problem isn't the Monolith adorn. The problem is peoples obsession with the Monolith adorn, which is because there aren't ANY green adorns in current content now - because the ones they made were lacking ANY good stats and were removed due to player complaints.

That said, you barely lose out by using the panda star shard, and the number of people who threaten to (or, apparently, HAVE) quit over such a mediocre upgrade is honestly mind boggling.

(FWIW, I agree that it should be opened up, but only because the launch was flubbed and nothing has been done to really fix it because they don't have a system to delevel adorns that leveled incorrectly.. 'yet')
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  14. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Many things they don't have "yet" and this "yet":has been going on for years. It is NOT new.
    Bhayar likes this.