Preloading assets is taking so long...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Yadi Bashir, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Yadi Bashir Member

I'm wondering why is it taking so long to preload the assets?

I have 25,671 M to download, it went to 30% in about 4 hours, then jumped back to 0%... :(

Yesterday I downloaded a game at 18 Mb/s and the 77,000 M or so was done in under an hour!
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Start the Launchpad and go into Advanced Tools. If it's set to Streaming, it's CONSTANTLY downloading stuff. Better to have it just download.

After maintenance or updates, then yeah, you'll have to download changed files.
    Sturmlocke and Twyla like this.
  3. Cripster New Member

This really needs to be changed.....luckily it looks like if your preloading was at 100% and checking the button for Full Download it will install what was previously downloaded.
    Sturmlocke and Twyla like this.
  4. Malore New Member

I agree this needs to be changed, or there needs to be a better description of what this does. I had Options>Streaming>Background Downloading checked, and the game was re-downloading itself every time I logged in. Why would the game re-download itself every time I log in? The game is already downloaded, and the launcher already verifies your files when run.

I would not have known this was a problem, but my ISP let me know I was going to hit a data cap which got me to investigate.