Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Froglok, or Erudite (you're welcome! Apparently having them able to breathe water was my idea/inspiration, somehow [though correlation might not be causation] :D), or Iksar, or......hmm. Not sure what other race breathes water naturally. ;)

Uwk
    who wishes SOMEONE would stop finding the "let's make drowning take 29 seconds and the activation of water breathing items take 30! /giggle :D" so damn funny :mad:
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen. See my prior postscript gripe after my signature... >:-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Whilhelmina like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That would work! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's odd; what's the point of having the Blessing, then, if it's gonna mess up the shell opening? :(

Uwk
    AOE1 and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds like the old "vertical coordinates" issue EQ2 has always had (not sure about EQ1; didn't stick around there long enough to really encounter it)? X-P

Times were, if you were at Same X Coord, Same Y (or is it Z?) Coord, Different Z (or is it Y?) Coord, whichever axis the game's using for the vertical, even if you were above or below (like in water) a mob by like 800+ yards, they could nail you with a melee attack (or distract your Pet's attention), whereas you couldn't strike back (even with a ranged weapon or a spell) because you were "out of range"... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Waitaminute, hang on... >:-/

What, exactly, does the recipe make? If you tell me "really cool house items and building blocks! And this is the only way you're ever going to get it! :D"...

Forcing crafter characters to level up their adventuring levels to exactly the same numbers and gearing up in the latest and greatest raiding gear to avoid dying in order to hopefully maybe have a chance to someday get some charged recipe books, or books from an event that will go away within a few days and never be seen again, is bad enough.

Forcing folks who have no interest in this way-too-long, apparently quite frustrating quest to go through it just for the chance to get this recipe book (and who may or may not have a level 120 ['cause this is apparently only available for that level on up] on each server) is asking a bit much for this kitteh. >:-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Trust me; mercs aren't the only ones who do this... ;->

Fortunately, most of my pets aren't that tall. :D

Uwk
    AOE1 and Breanna like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Something that may be a bug? Among the new clam items, there's the Pink Brain Coral and the Pink Brain Coral Pod (which, if it's supposed to be about to hatch, isn't how coral works; looks more like it's spawning, which is a bit much to ask of a young coral... ;-> ah well, different planet), but there's the Sea Foam Sponge Coral and the Sea Foam Brain Coral Pod, even though they look pretty much like the Pink ones except for color changes. Should it be Sea Foam Sponge Coral Pod or Sea Foam Brain Coral?

Or is the Pod the younger version of the older item, Sea Foam Brain Coral? :confused:

Hmm; not a bug, then... ;->

Poor Sea Foam Sponge Coral, though, not having a Pod to call its own... :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You can tell me, I won't blab, but is the Siren's Sharpened Temptation one of the new clam things, or has it been out before? :)

Also: the Siren's Beguiling Impact? ;-> I've gotten credit for looting both "legendary" items now, each time I do it, so that still doesn't say whether or not it's new... :confused:

They're both immensely cool, but inquiring minds with spreadsheets wanna know. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! It's actually pretty cool to get the Medals in the clams; since I'm a member, since it's still considered Currency, I can get two for one. ;->

I still agree that member or not, doubled or not, we should get one in addition to what we get from a clam, instead of. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We have more titles for additional amounts of [whatever] for other holidays, like Bunny Collecting and rose giving and what-not; should we have additional titles for clam opening beyond the 25 for Shell Raiser? :)

I'm up to 100 now for my main "clam harvester" Erudite... ;->

Uwk
    who's about a week behind... :(
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay. After opening 100 clam shells tonight, I got the following:

Bubbling Wisp Plushie: 4
    Oceansfull Algae Fins Illusion: 2 (new? can't tell; it wasn't on Lera's website, not being a house item, but I haven't had it in my spreadsheet records before, so I'm guessing it's new ;->)
    Pink Brain Coral: 7
    Pink Brain Coral Pod: 10
    Polished Turtle Shell: 8
    Sea Foam Brain Coral Pod: 6 (new, but "child" of the old Sea Foam Brain Coral; I see that now [shouldn't have had "Brain" in the name if they wanted me to see that, lol :confused:])
    Sea Foam Sponge Coral: 3

Copper Jubilation Medal: 7->14 (Member; is this considered one of the 9 new items in clam shells?)

Siren's Beguiling Impact: 2 (new?)
    Siren's Sharpened Temptation: 2 (new?)

Abyssal Beholder Plushie: 5 (started from 2020)
    Aqueous Temptation: 2 (started from 2019)
    Awuidor Marble Building Blocks (recipe! :D): 1 (started from 2021)
    Bamboo Raft: 4 (started from 2021)
    Behemoth Nautilus Shell: 7 (started from 2019)
    Closed Clam Shell: 4 (started from 2019)
    Coral Behemoth Plushie: 1 (started from 2021)
    Deep Sea Altar: 4 (started from 2020)
    Explorers on the Waves [painting]: 5 (started from 2019)
    Full Fish Rack: 9 (started from 2021)
    Marid Sea Hunter Plushie: 3 (started from 2020)
    Sand Pincer: 1 (started from 2019)
    Tropical Nereid Plushie: 3 (started from 2020)

So, that's either seven or nine new items found, depending on how you look at it (if the Appearance weapons and Medals are in that tally, it'd be 10, total), and I still haven't found all 33 yet! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

After 150 clams total, I've found one other thing so far:

Oceansfull Adventurous Othmir Illusion: 2 (starting from 2018)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

39 items in all Uwkete, and some only show up if you go and hug some Othmire.
    I think they could not fit all rewards on to one loot table.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You can also trail a nice merc behind in the form of another account! endless hours of bickering with yourself!

(Before, I was schizophrenic but we talked and at 6 votes over 3, we decided we aren't any more and now we're fine!)
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Choices. If you want the old stuff get the blessing. If you want the new stuff avoid it or cancel it. It only lasts 10 minutes anyway and I've been using it to stock up on orange coral fronds.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

Both weapons are new items.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

Hmm, I confirmed Kaitheel's number of 33. 9 new and a total count of 25 including the medals for that loot table which is about normal for this event, then I found the remaining 8 on the other loot table with the buff active.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! Thanks! :D

Now I know where to place them... :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok Tikia I trust you my memory is not that good anymore
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.