Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I just found a typo in the instance. I just killed "an cursed rot-tusk".

There was a patch but there doesn't seem to be an update within the instance (still no loot)

And THANKS for removing the fishes, I can't wait. I just swim past them but they're still annoying and slow you down and I'm lucky to have my mystic trailing behind me. Even pet-pulling, it still takes me 45 minutes to go through the zone (and I ALWAYS forgot to get a pearl), I'm sure the fishes disappearing will help
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Ladislava Active Member

So I spent the last few days running the event dungeon.
    1. If you leave the zone your pearls go poof. That's no bueno when there's no mender in the zone. I'm not going to keep rerunning the entire zone because I have to reset the zone.
    2. See above and replace pearl with mineral. Not a dungeon killer but annoying.
    3. I must be missing something because everyone else is saying the fish are gone (and I'm hoping it's those stupid terracudas because they are an annoyance) and I'm still seeing them.
    4 Still no loot, hoping that doesn't go live.
    Other than that I think it's pretty fun. I die a lot but I try to ignore the fish in the tube because they just slow me down. I'll probably pop back over to test in a few day. Still have a guild hall to decorate ya know :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Two birds with one stone! Woot, thx alot for the fixes :D

(oh, didn't notice pearls are also no-zone)

(nvm, since mobs in elevators are going to be removed)
  4. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

The pearls vanish if you zone out, but you can go back and get another one. They seem to respawn if you lose them.

I'd rather they not vanish...swimming and portaling back to get them is time consuming. But, at least you can avoid resetting the whole zone.
  5. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Gratz Kitteh (necro power) on finishing the Oceanfell achievement. Now if we can just work out what all these tradeskill items are for.
  6. Ladislava Active Member

Cool! Thanks I didn't realize they just came back
  7. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Ok, once you have achieved the 5 no-trade TradeskIll items from the new solo zone, spawn spots for harvesting no longer appear on track or in zone. So I have 7,5,3,2,1 in harvest with no ability to change this ratio, until I find the recipe they relate to. Its a bit of an issue or not on the recipe involved.
  8. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Oh...I thought they just took them out. I haven't run an alt in yet...
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Denmum said
    As an aside, I've learned that the medals are only available when you're NOT under the influence of the Othmir Tribe Blessings (which is how you get the second subset of the old returning items). So make sure you don't have that buff on if you want the rewards that include the new items and the tokens.

now I know why one of my toons only got old loot, she danced with the Osmire to long.

What is that new recipe book? and where does it come from?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Gelenor Well-Known Member

That is a possibility if you have also noticed them gone
  11. Gelenor Well-Known Member

12. Chrol Developer

The recipe should now be harvestable from the shoals of fish in Awuidor: Trench of Terrors. You may need a fresh zone, or at least respawns of the harvest nodes, to get a chance at the recipe. Once you learn the recipe, it will no longer appear as one of the harvests.

Regarding not seeing the harvest nodes on track - they should respawn. Having all the rares shouldn't prevent this.
    Twyla, Schmetterling and Manafizzle like this.
  13. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Oh weird. The last time I ran it, I saw no shoals of fish at all. Maybe I should have more coffee...
  14. Chrol Developer

It may be due to the harvest nodes not set up to respawn if you leave and re-enter the same instance. Just fixed that as well!
  15. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Got the recipe. Made the thing. It's...uh. I don't know how much I can say, so...

Maybe I'll just go pick up more shells. :p
  16. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I don't suppose you'd consider changing merc pathing so they stop behind you when you're standing still and stay behind you instead of...this...

[IMG]

Every time I go to click a shell. It's...awkward. I know I can dismiss him. Test server is lonely sometimes and he's the only one around to talk to.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I feel you, that's why I like pet classes or even better Illusionists, you can talk to yourself.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which means those shells won't be dropping a House Item, just that. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

With every right to, apparently. ;->

Uwk
    who misses important new holiday quests that anyone of any level could do :-/
    Almee and Breanna like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My only concern with this (and I wish they'd just added the Medals as additional rewards [not "these or nothing", but in addition] to the current quests we have) is that if there's a shell out there with a Medal in it, it won't have anything else: no House Item, no Appearance item, no Illusion (which I don't use, but some might /shrug), no nothing. :-/

Like the Fireworks in holiday purple glowies instead of the things we'd need for the collections, or the House Items (which were cool, but) instead of crafting materials in the Frostfell presents (all of which there are, or should be, merchants for; we need merchants for Scorched Sky [for the Building Block recipes!] and Oceansfull, imho). :-/

Uwk