Introducing: EQ2 Relaxation video series

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sturmlocke, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

[IMG]
    Welcome to my EQ(2), DCUO, Vanguard SOH, SWG Relaxation video series.

I already have more videos in the pipe, just have to finish editing them. Will upload new videos as time goes by, helps me relax a bit. Feedback appreciated. Let me know if you want me to cover a zone or place and I'll try to put it on my to-do list. Been wanting to do this for the longest time, never found the time, so now I'm making time for this project. With this series, I hope to show new and existing players how beautiful the world of Norrath can be despite its age.

Enjoy!
    • EQ2 - Playlist: Clicky here for a full playlist
    • SWG - Playlist: Clicky here for a full playlist
    • VGSOH - Playlist: wip, technical issues
    • DCUO - Playlist: Clicky here for a full playlist
    Powered by (Hard- and Software used for the creation and gameplay of my series):

[IMG][IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]

Ubuntu + EQ2 / DCUO + Steam Video Guide -> Click here.

Software:
    Optiplex 7050 MT:
    • Core i7 7700
    • 32 GB DDR4
    • AMD RX 570 4 GB
    • 1 TB SSD, NVME etc.
    • 360 Watts Dell PSU Platinum rated
    • 1080p @ 60 fps minimum, 2k60 and 4k60 ideally
    luminosa, Soara2, Mugwort and 11 others like this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

Very nice. I'm listening to it while I crochet :)
    Soara2, Jaden, Alyndrys and 3 others like this.
  3. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Hi there Almee, thanks for the feedback :) I have uploaded a few more videos and I'm working on Sinking Sands rn. Sinking Sands really was a time consuming task, but also a lot of fun. Beautiful region. Fell asleep to my own videos last night and dreamt of Sirens seducing me.
    Soara2, Jaden, Alyndrys and 6 others like this.
  4. Aterskia Active Member

oo! oo!
    dez videos are GREATS! idea!:cool:

me's likies dat Panda floating island, Ning Yun Retreat in Stoneburnt Highlands.
    gots most relaxing music me'es eber hears in Norrath!

awso, The Mystic Lake off Village of Shin (way way fum dem nasty pirates) gots nice'es musics toos!!
    luminosa, Soara2, Jaden and 2 others like this.
  5. Holdolin Member

Nice, the reason I keep coming back to EQ2 is it's a beautiful world both visually and acoustically. Very immersive way to just forget reality for a bit and enjoy :)
    Soara2, Jaden, Alyndrys and 3 others like this.
  6. Shalyn90 New Member

Hi there!
    I can just add that our kids (2,5yo and 6 months) are very easily falling asleep while listening to the relaxation vids. Except for Sinking Sands as it sounds kinda creepy at night in the dunes.
    Soara2, Jaden, Alyndrys and 2 others like this.
  7. Aterskia Active Member

ooo!!! dat way way good ideas!!

be's fur dohs dat makey RPG Table Top games too, kin play "mysterious" or "scary" vids/musics in background!
    likies dat twisty house inna Nektulos (i kinna furgit name)
    Soara2, Jaden, Momo and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Uploaded Qeynos and Karnor's Castle. Working on more this weekend :) Will also try to make a few that are of the creepy kind as I agree with At that it's perfect for a round of D&D / RPG table games.
  9. Accendo Guest

Popping in to say thank you, Sturmlocke! These are awesome.
    Soara2, Jaden, Holdolin and 8 others like this.
  10. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Yw :) Thank you for keeping this franchise alive and well!

Just want to give something back tbh. Here's a little secret, last year I got sick and the nostalgia alias childhood memories of the EQ franchise, the 90s console wars (PSX vs. N64 etc.), 80-90s music, movies and more triggered something in me in a good way. It helped me relax in such a gentle way, only then did I realise how much fun my younger self had in these virtual environments. So I thought doing this series might help others as well and show ppl that the games you guys produce are very underrated. The same goes for SWG and Vanguard btw, which is why I have been watching Nathan Napalm's stream for a few days (he's covering Vanguard and will soon do SWG).

Here, listen to these and tell me if it triggers long lost memories or anything to that effect:
    Anyway, glad you guys like it, will try my best to produce more as time goes on. Like and subscribe! Ahahaha always wanted to say that. /Jk

Cheers
    Soara2, Alyndrys, Siren and 3 others like this.
  11. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Uploaded some creepy sounding vids and Africa. Updated list. More already in the pipe.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I love the music in Chardok I would take my toons in there and just listen to it till my ears fall of.

yea Qeynos has 2 lovely melodies, and Freeports are nice too, you would not expect such sweet sounds to come from an evil city besides the Overlords theme.
    Soara2, Jaden, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  13. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Great videos and wonderful music ! I used to run in circles around Karnor's Castle and in Qeynos just to listen to the rain :)
    Soara2, Jaden, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

The rain in Freeport is great too, as long as you stay away from those trolls that want to eat you if you're a Ratonga.
    Soara2, Jaden, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  15. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Hail everyone, first of all, thanks for all the great feedback. Already producing some more vids, just uploaded a new one: Sailing Relaxation. Fell asleep to that yesterday, was really nice falling asleep to the thought of being on that ship. Don't watch the video for too long though, might make you sea sick, lol. Anyway, I tried filming the ship house that we have (Galleon of Dreams), but the rain sounds there can barely be heard. Can someone else confirm this or is it just my sound setup that's misbehaving?

PS: Still trying to catch that beautiful rain in Qeynos...

PS2: Let's vote to remove as many loading screens as humanly possible. Imagine being able to sail from continent to continent for a couple of minutes while feeling that salty and refreshing sea breeze and admiring the beautiful open ocean -> https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/ship-traveling-loading-screen.606132/

Moar rain and thunderstorms: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/rainfall-and-thunderstorms.606109/

In fact, generally speaking, you could actually even add player controlled ship sailing like Vanguard Saga of Heroes did, but an automated "on rails" sailing route from point A to point B would suffice for the time being. You could add mini games on the ships in order to entertain players and reward them accordingly for taking the long route, which would fill up the ships and enhance overall player immersion. You can literally make fishing possible on said sailing routes + add more sealife like dolphins, orcas and more in order to make it an even better overall experience. So many ideas, so many ways to improve this. In addition, would love to see more rain in other zones and regions. Share your thoughts in the thread above :)

PS3: Before I forget, I would also like to see an underwater train route from one major city to the other, giving players the option to decide wether or not they wanna go by air, water or take the underground train to a new location. World of Warcraft did this many years ago, see here. Initially an awesome idea, lots of ppl met this way, which sadly got forgotten as time went on, mainly due to the fact that fast travel + flying mounts were added to the game. This not only applies to WoW ofc, because our world has undergone the same change, which I believe to be a mistake when it comes to the overall design of player immersion (mmorpg = living, breathing world = add stuff that will motivate ppl to meet at certain points in the world on a regular basis instead of dividing us). Streamlining certain aspects of these beautiful open worlds has been good in one way, but critically bad in the other (too much streamlining = kills immersion).

We do have the RAM capability with 64-bit now:

[IMG]
    Soara2, Jaden, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  16. Aterskia Active Member

Drizzle be's barely noticeable rain sounds. (as it should be)
    Rain, slightly more so on rain sounds, no thunder.
    Storm be a tiny bits mor rain drop sounds wif THUNDER!

wif mines (alt+O/Sounds) Ambient Volume slider at max,
    Overall in-game volume at ~90%,
    Simultaneous Sounds up fum 32 to 64,
    Kubuntu/Application (EQII) volume at 95%,
    and Kubuntu/HDMI sound card volume at 95%,

Rains kin be hearings fine,
    but,
    me's gots to say, the "Storm" setting off Wheel kinda jus sound likies regular rainfall wif intermittent thunders,
    not-so-much a "storm."
    "Storm" no gots ehnee driving wind sounds :( eyver.

kin we'es asks fur "heavier" sounding storms?
    oo oo! an mehbe an (optional?) CREAKING Wood & Rope sounds too? it be's a pirate galleon affer all :)

[IMG]
    Soara2, Jaden and Sturmlocke like this.
  17. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Wait, you can actually set the mood like that? Crap, didn't know that tbh. Will recheck tonight and retry. Thanks for the heads up mate! Ouuuhh liking those fps numbers up there ;D
    luminosa, Soara2, Jaden and 2 others like this.
  18. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

1080p online rn and 4k being worked on by YouTube and should be up in a couple of hours.

This one is for you @DBG/DPG. Building bigger and better (virtual) worlds.

Weyland Yutani Corp.
    Soara2, Jaden and Aterskia like this.
  19. Aterskia Active Member

wowowowow!!!
    dis be'es mos EGGSELLENT video!!:D
    is likies akchew-ally be's der!!:cool:
    the venues chosen, calm, serene, peaceful!

Me'es Tankies YU's SEW MUCH fur yus tim in makies deez!!!
    Soara2 and Jaden like this.
  20. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Uploaded a few more vids, Awuidor ftw baby, and after reading the discussion over here, I have decided to add SWG to this relaxation series. As time goes on, I will also cover Vanguard, EQ1 and DCUO. All of these games were created by SOE / DBG / DPG and this is my way of showing my support. Will still continue to focus on EQ2 ofc, as this is my virtual home world now, but will do the other titles too from time to time.

For relaxing, tributing and educational purposes.