Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

owe, you will have to go back again now, Manafizzle.

gives big hug to Manafizzle and hands him a hanky.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

New zone. Still no loot.
  3. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Also: Still getting one-shotted by terrorcuda fish. Will end up needing to return to hall multiple times for repairs to get through this zone still.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hello, look who the fish dragged in?

So I just ran the zone! I'm an under-geared conjuror with a MARVELLOUS AND BEAUTIFUL mystic that I love very much has a dual (yeah, she helped a lot, so I'm praising her! she did say that she would stop warding if I wasn't nice, ok)
    I could survive the fishes without too many problems (keeping aggro while she warded and cured) but they're still dangerous, especially when you jump in the water to get to the last 2 portals.
    Someone said in General that they were less deadly though.

I don't like the last fight, it's very unclear and probably too hard for low-dps classes.
    It seems like you need to kill the summoners before they can cast 5 times their spell but I came very short and died 2 times when the boss woke up.
    I don't think killing the arms is useful but I'm not sure.
    I couldn't find any use for the minerals there, I tried to use them several time and as they said that they're useful to prevent stuff in the abyss, I might have missed something.
    I managed to get mana-depleted several times and had to rely heavily on healing and warding (and on Spirit Tap) so I think I missed something along the lines somewhere and I brute-forced part of the fight.
    Anyway, I think the summoners have too much health and should be reduced a bit.

No loot yet as said above.
    Could you add a fish mender in the zone pretty please, to go with the murder fisheses? this is a special request from Kitteh!
  5. Chrol Developer

Oops! I missed one terrorcuda, but that's updated on test now. As for the loot, it looks like that will require another test update to catch the new files. My apologies for that.
  6. Chrol Developer

There shouldn't be any power drains in solo - I removed all the ones I could find. Also added some extra casting time to the summoners - roughly 50 seconds extra spread across the 5 summoning spells, and cut half their max health.

As for the minerals, if you're not finding any use for them, then you're DPS'ing and/or healing enough to not require them.

Fish mender? Hmm... I don't know...
  7. cellinaire Well-Known Member

1) needs some ways to go UP when one falls down into the water below (The Nautilus Ark)

2) those 'infighting' trash mobs often break encounter...not a big deal but feels weird

3) NO-ZONE tag on marine sediments...and the description says they have a use in the final room?

4) I see there are fishing nodes inside? Dunno what they're for

5) got only one collectable piece after I killed the devourer, maybe I need to learn Track Harvestable for another run...

6) might wanna give a bit more hints/guides on braziers part

7) a bit bigger max size for reward pearls would be nice :) and they're showing different icon arts (quest journal vs inventory)
  8. Chrol Developer

1: There is.
    2: Will take a look.
    3: There are more in that final room to harvest if needed. They all respawn as well.
    4: Uh huh.
    5: Might help.
    6: Messaging has been added.
  9. cellinaire Well-Known Member

So there are indeed ways to go back up huh...gotta kill all the fish to find out!

(and I thought collectibles would spawn on the same floor with bosses...at least in the same tower I guess)

## I've been thinking of saying this for some time, but overseer quests received/taken on Test and Beta appear on Live somehow.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Click the waterfalls to "swim up"!

I don't know what triggered them. What I did (after an instant wipe when I pulled the room the first time) was:
    - pull the first 2 groups around the summoner and kill the small ones.
    - kill the first summoner,
    - kill the arm (and random adds)
    - kill the second summoner
    - launch my pet on the arm, then think I was cutting it too close and focused on the summoners, finishing with 2-3 seconds left on the fifth bar.
    - destroy the named that was very week then.
    Once, during that fight, I think when I pulled the mini-summoners around the last 2 summoners, I had my health and mana drained massively. I had made some mana shards prior to the fight as the same thing happened on my first pull and it killed me (but yes, I had pulled the room and I thought I might need to be in the vortex and well, I did everything wrong). On the second fight it happened also and I launched the massive regen from my Mystic (Spirit Tap) to survive and ate mana shards and chain-casted wards and heals until it stopped.
    Every time I had several mobs around me, but I had too much troubles trying to survive while trying to understand what to do to focus on what was hitting me. I'll tell you more when I'll try again.

I thought I needed the minerals when the Summoners "eyed me with suspicion" but nope. I'll look some more too!
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

so far no Copper Jubilation Medals from opening shells.... is that coming later? or only on TLE? please add them to shells on all servers, it's the last hurrah to get them this year
  12. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I clicked a lot of shells yesterday, and I got 3 or 4 shells with Jubilation currency in them. So, they're there. :)

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Chikkin like this.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Definitely there. I've had 14 in about 3 hours total.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

check out Antonica I spend 10 minutes or so and found 6
    It might be it's in zones like Antonica, Comonlands , GFaydark nursery and Gorowin .
    I guess I have to test this theory
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

Nope. I do all my scuba diving at the bottom of GD :D
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

who needs scuba gear? if you have a froglog.
    and did you find any?
    when I went out, I was mostly looking for the new items, found 5.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

Great Divide. It's extremely deep so don't go there unless you have reliable water breathing. If you use totems and it runs out you won't get to the surface in time. And yes, that's where I got all my coins,
  18. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I've run this a few times now, so I know where I'm going and what I'm supposed to do. I know my Test character is pretty wimpy, but still...

I just ran the zone from start to finish without stopping, only pulling what I had no choice but to kill to achieve the goals of taking out the named mobs, gathering shinies, getting pearls, and proceeding to the end. It took me from 9:55pm to 10:47pm. That's a really long time for a solo.

The time is extended by the amount of unavoidable trash and the enormous size of the zone itself. It also ncludes slow-swimming tubes that you have no choice but to swim up and down as you go, battling murder fish (with no mender fish), and trying to get to the next steps.

For most people, we want to keep multiple toons 'useful', and asking people to run each of the toons they use for raid or heroic content through this zone in the rush of getting it run six times in the little window of the Oceansfull event...it's a lot of time.

Also, in the tube before you get to 'Brenick the Brine' there's still a terrocuda who is not even joking when he says he can mess you up. I think his name is Terry and I'm pretty sure he has a knife.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got the fish bone earing, it lasts for 6 hours
    But I spend some time down there, and did not find any medals
  20. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Few mobs roaming in manta's flight path.

Do terrorcudas need to be fixed individually? Those found underwater are largely not fixed yet.

Sentinels of the deep(tavalan) seem to have same problem with terrorcudas, insane dmg spike.

This zone needs less number of mobs we have to fight imo, take rather a long time to finish. (I tested the dungeon with Beastlord & Conjuror with-partly-305 resolve gears, you know)

The on-screen message after lighting all the braziers isn't true, since portals appear only when one install two pearls.