Launchpad not working - again

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Perrigrin, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I followed these steps from the link that came up, but that did not work. I could get into game by going through the file paths and bypassing the launchpad with the .exe file.
    LaunchPad.libs\Cache folder
    LaunchPad.libs\LaunchPad.Cache\Cookies:

Once you have found the locations listed above, please delete the following files:
    • Cookies
    • Cookies-journal
    Neokissa, Baldur and Twyla like this.
  2. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Twyla likes this.
  3. maruta New Member

I have the same error since a few days. Deleting the cache and cookies did not help. Reinstalling the game and deleting all the configs did not help. What is strange is that every day something else did help. But it helped only once:

* Running the launcher in Windows 8 compatibility mode
    * Running the launcher as administrator
    * Uninstalling the latest Windows 10 update

And even stranger, on Linux I don't have these problems. Only on Windows 10. No anti virus or firewall besides Windows defender.

Running Everquest2.exe seems to work for now.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Kelowna New Member

Ditto here, have been having the same issues for about 4 or 5 days now. Weird thing is my older backup rig with same windows 10 and my alt account on it and same internet connection is having no issues whatsoever
    Ottmar and Twyla like this.
  5. Caith Developer

There are reports across multiple games from folks that are having a similar issue, one recently found a possible work around until the issue is fully resolved on our end.

You might want to give that a try and see if it helps you bypass the issue. There seems to be something that may be causing those CEF child processes to go rogue and detach from the host task. I blame unruly children.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Kellindil New Member

This is how I handle this issue to allow play. I have found that, on my PC at least, the first child process listed is the one that should be killed to allow play. Killing the second or third listed results in the launchpad crashing. YMMV.
  7. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

This is a known issue and is currently being worked on. We will inform everyone of any news here as we get it.
  8. Typhon Member

FWIW I'm having the same issue, but I'm using Linux (Ubuntu 22.04/Lutris). That said the game itself works wonderfully. But, the launcher doesn't. It runs and displays once, otherwise it goes to a blank white box every time. Now I can still interact with it and click on where the Launch Button will be to run the game, but I can't do anything else inside the launcher as I get a "Invalid Handle" error dialog. This isn't stopping me playing, its just stopping me from changing the client from streaming to full install. And its a bit annoying.

Here's some messages from the error log. I note that Planetside 2 has the same issue as there's been an item opened on Proton/Valve for that game (changing the version of Wine doesn't seem to fix this btw, even using a GloriousEggRoll version).

Like I said, it's not stopping me from running game (and it all works beautifully on Linux, so thank you lovelies for (informally) supporting that), but it is very annoying.

019c:fixme:dcomp:DCompositionCreateDevice 00B10030, {c37ea93a-e7aa-450d-b16f-9746cb0407f3}, 05B7647C.
    [0726/174305:ERROR:gl_surface_egl.cc(697)] eglCreateWindowSurface failed with error EGL_BAD_ALLOC
    019c:fixme:dcomp:DCompositionCreateDevice 00B10030, {c37ea93a-e7aa-450d-b16f-9746cb0407f3}, 05B7647C.
    [0726/174305:ERROR:gl_surface_egl.cc(697)] eglCreateWindowSurface failed with error EGL_BAD_ALLOC
    019c:fixme:dcomp:DCompositionCreateDevice 00B10030, {c37ea93a-e7aa-450d-b16f-9746cb0407f3}, 05B7683C.
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Dailyn New Member

I am also having this issue, quite disturbing. I love playing EQ2 and I really miss it and have missed
    raids because of this issue. I also in an effort to resolve the issue uninstalled all my EQ2 files so now
    I can not even use the "back door" EQ2 exe file /cry
  10. Lekker New Member

for me the workaround didnt work, but it did launch eventually after trying like 5 times.
    the problem persists, it will only connect every few launches.
  11. Zylara Well-Known Member

Been having this problem myself last few days, had to shut down the launcher over 10 times just to get into 1 of my accts to start
  12. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Thank you this worked this morning!
  13. Loudshirt New Member

I keep getting the same 4-503 error when I try to launch Eq2. I deleted all the cookies in the Launchpad.cache. I have released and renewed my ip addresses and flushed the dns. I have run compatibility mode and tried on windows 8. All of this and I still get the same error. I have the launchpad allowed on my firewall. I run the game as administrator. I first started getting the error when the 64 bit client was released. I followed the steps above and it worked for a few days. Then it started working less. I started launching the game from .exe instead of launchpad. That worked for a bit. I eventually stopped having launchpad remember my username and password. That worked for a week or so. Today it stopped working all together. I uninstalled the game and attempted to reinstall the game. I get the same error as soon as it goes to the launchpad.

I have also tried the child process thing. It didn't work for me.
    draidean and Twyla like this.
  14. Baldur New Member

The child process does work, sometimes you have to do it over and over until it connects.

There are 3 child processes, just keep end task on all 3 over and over until it connects, it's worked for me every time. Usually it doesn't take much end tasking to get it to connect, but once it took like 6 times or so.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. draidean Well-Known Member

I'm having the exact same experience. These options worked before but none of them are working today. I'm locked out.
    Twyla likes this.
  16. draidean Well-Known Member

I'm not a tech person but it looks like the launcher keep adding those cookies files back every time I try to load up. I deleted the files, checked to make sure they were gone, launched again, and they were back in the libs folder. Several times.
    Twyla likes this.
  17. draidean Well-Known Member

Any updates? I still can't get in and I've tried all the suggested fixes that I can figure out.

Update: After going through the long list of fixes I spied an .exe called "EverQuest2.exe" and starting the game from there worked lol I had previously stopped at "EQ2.exe", which had worked before but didn't work this round, and not noticed the former further down!
  18. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

When you Ctrl Alt Del and go into Task Manager, find the Launcher, then click the arrow next to it to extend the Child Processes, then close them all. It might reopen them, but close them (the ones you are able to) again and it should allow you in. The issue is still being investigated.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  19. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello all ,

Since last Patch the Launchpad still has fails on many players.

Today this hits me, yesterday all worked fine i dont changed anything, wanted to start EQ2 Launchpad today as usual, but still i get this error 4-503 i followed the DB Guide to fix it nothing happens still same issue.

EQ2 started via its own EXE is running fine but Launchpad still not working i cant change Game Version air evan Patch and Download Updates.

Any ideas ??

And its not only me who is struggeling with and its not the 64 Bit this works well i had non Clientcrash since the Systhem was upgraded to 64 bit

Helfiren
    Squidly likes this.
  20. Andric Member

this can be fixed on windows 11/probably 10 as well at least by going to settings/network & internet/proxy and turning off Automatically detect settings.
    If you need a proxy then not sure likely need to set up manually?
    Twyla likes this.