is the kaladim server officially getting closed soon?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by discomboblatron, Jul 3, 2022.

1. discomboblatron New Member

I know there was a forum post that no new content will be coming out, and transfers are opening, but i also seem to recall a dev somewhere recently saying "kaladim isn't going anywhere".

so i'm just wanting confirmation on if it's closing or not before my guild starts playing there just to be forced into live a month later lol.
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

Historically, once transfer tokens are given to players, the server is on its way to being shuttered. I'd plan on that happening to Kaladim in the not-too-distant future, just as it did for Stormhold, Fallen Gate and the others.
  3. Jovie Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned early next year. Shameful that players aren't given a free out earlier than that.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

5. discomboblatron New Member

6. Tkia Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking to you. This kind of comment:
    requires some fact checking before posting.
  7. discomboblatron New Member

I'm the one who posted the thread tho. so...you came onto this thread just to argue with somebody in the replies then? and, incorrectly, at that? that post also doesn't mention a date for transfers lol. could very well be next year. plenty of "soon" things have flat out never happened on here so.

so grats, you've wasted everybody's time trying to argue some other point entirely instead of contribute anything useful to the very very simple yes or no question of the topic. idk what's so hard for eq2 players to comprehend about...basic social interaction. this forum is unusable i swear.
  8. Keldo Member

Honest question: you mentioned that you're a part-of, or represent a guild. The most recent news of the Kaladim server is that they're offering free transfer tokens to live servers... If you're not familiar, that's essentially the "official" final nail in a TLE server's coffin. It was preceded by the fact that a "/who all" revealed 9 players the other night during primetime. Why would you consider starting a guild/character on Kaladim in mid-2022?
  9. Tabbyclouds Member

I would also like to know the answers to these questions.

1. When can we expect transfer tokens ( I'd just like to know a date so I don't keep checking here every day for news!)

2. Kander's post doesn't actually mention that it is being shuttered. I know ALL the other TLEs have been, but different things can happen. It would affect how people decide to prepare for transfer if the server is actually staying but the option to go is there.

I love this game - it is the first and only MMO I have played since it started in 2004. I'm now back on my original server, Thurgadin after trying out all TLE's and being frustrated after each one closes.

Kind Regards
  10. Arandar Well-Known Member

It is a virtual certainty that Kaladim is going be merged, probably with Antonia Bayle. Kander was answering some questions about it in Discord regarding what happens with guilds when that happens.
  11. Spectre Active Member

I am all packed and ready to go =)
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

August 9 was given as the date transfer tokens will be active, and it was stated that Kaladim will not receive any further xpacs