Marketplace Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thordalf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Update: Went back to main menu, for some familiars, and stayed in the familiar window for others. Same character, same server. Skyfire.
    Twyla and Forestchild like this.
  2. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

New Flying WINGS!!! I HAVE A THREAD ABOUT THAT AND APP ARMORS
    SO MAKE IT PLEASE!!!!
    IF possible add the wings to the day of fennin and solusek merchants
    Geroblue likes this.
  3. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

you know the quetzal creatures from the doomfire instances and phoenix have beautiful wings and they match perfectly with the day of scorching sky....MAKE IT WINGS FLAP!!!!
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did more accounts and characters today for the new familiars. Only the one account mentioned earlier did the menus stay in Familiars.

Something I would like to see in Marketplace, but it would likely require modification to something.

Hand looking at depots is a major pain. I would spend DBC to get that inventory per account, instead of going to every depot on that account and looking at it and entering it by hand in a spreadsheet.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Breyen New Member

I was wondering if you might have a special time window, like a couple weeks or a month, where you bring back all the items that were once on the marketplace but have since been removed, a one-time event to get anything previously missed. I was gone from the game for a span of years but have been back full-time now for the last couple of years. But I come across items I look up on various sites that talk about cool stuff that was once on the marketplace but aren't now. How bout a summer rummage sale to let return players buy stuff they missed?
    Jesaine, KauaiJim, Twyla and 6 others like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have several accounts left to go, Maj'Dul and Skyfire, but so far only the one account and one character stayed in the Familiars menu so I could select another one.

I don't know if it happened previously, but today I noticed that sometimes when I bring up Marketplace, via the left hand menu, the familiars button is sometimes on the left. Clicking on it doesn't open the Familiars, but the interface flickers and the Familiars button moves to the right side.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

One character on Skyfire, Xiifogshar, clicked on the Familiars button on the left side. It opened. First one to do that.And it stayed open for a second lion familiar to buy. Then went back to the top most menu.

Took place about 1:30 PM CDT, Sunday, June 12, 2022.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Cheddarmeister New Member

Return Transfer Tokens and reactivate those tokens already purchased. That would make a bunch of people happy!
    Geroblue and Twyla like this.
  9. xStarButterfly New Member

Hi!!! I'm a newer player and I love the marketplace cosmetic items!!! I definitely would love to see like a Princess-esque dress in the game!!! Something big and poofy!!!! I don't think the animations would be too bad so you wouldn't need to worry about clipping and such, plus there are dresses already in the game that have minor clipping with legs, but its not a bother!!! So even if there was it wouldn't be a bother.

Would also love to see more cosmetic non combat pets, I was told they are called "fluff pets" Like maybe more animals, like more colored cats (The black cat on there is adorable!), bunnies, mini unicorns and more!!!! Anyways thank you for everything!!!! Love this game and I'm a big fan :D
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was walking around Isle of refuge prestige for one of my characters today...

I know the ship doesn't move or go anywhere. I think it should go on a 5 to 10 minute voyage around the island. The players getting on it, should decide voyage length.

Ttobey could animate some dolphins in front of the ship. And with a Nights of the Dead event, undead sharks, or just sharks, following behind. Occasionally swimming up beside the ship. Occasionally, one bigger than the boat, sticks its head out of the water, smiles,then submerges again.

Players could take picnic baskets on the trip, have a bit of water and sandwiches. Or maybe a fortifying drink.

For a Thrill Ride, there could be a player character requested, before the ship leaves the dock, a small storm. The Really Bad Weather is off in the distance.
  11. Smashey Well-Known Member

Heroic characters really needs an update. 3500 DC for level 100 is just crazy and a complete waste of coins when it takes you almost no time running through agnostic dungeons.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Garthan Member

Now that there's a cap on the broker for pricing, allow for outrageous plat prices on stuff to sink some of the money out of the economy to equalize things again. It would be a great addition to get some of the ridiculous amounts of plat off the servers.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The broker doesn't remove plat from the economy (except for a small portion via broker taxes). It's just moving plat around between players. Actual plat sinks include repair costs, house/guildhall rents, and whatever stuff you buy from NPCs.
    Rosyposy, Forestchild and Geroblue like this.
  14. Froginq New Member

Introducing NEW EQ2 Tradeskill Profession, the Method Maker!
    Suggested Marketplace cost for feature: 4999

There should be a new tradeskill craft whereby they produce recipe scrolls for other tradeskilling classes & how they gain THEIR recipes should be by adventuring, almost like a Lore & Legend Quest type of setup. E.g. After killing that goblin, you notice he was using a weapon you've never seen before. QUEST UPDATE: New recipe, iron longsword

For those who prefer to craft than dungeon crawl etc, currently outside the broker system there's no fun way for crafters to get their recipe books. This would alleviate that issue and provide value to all players!

Let's let the crafters do what they do best; craft. Let's provide them with an opportunity to gain their recipe scrolls for their chosen craft whereby they have the advantage of networking with other players end enjoying themselves :)

Gentlemen and Ladies, I see a win-win-win situation here, do you see what I see?
  15. Garthan Member

I probably wasn't clear. I'm suggesting they allow purchases from the marketplace with plat. That way it removes large chunks of plat from the economy altogether. It would be a great money sink if they priced stuff on the marketplace with outrageous platinum prices to help remove some of that from the server economies.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yeah, that would help.
    Garthan likes this.
  17. Jesaine Well-Known Member

BUT it overlooks the fact that Darkpaw and Daybreak depend on income from the Marketplace to help finance new content for the game, and server maintenance. :)

I personally wouldn't want to be able to pay platinum in the marketplace in exchange for the kind of shoddy expansions SWTOR has been turning out the last 5 or 6 years. Love it or hate it, EQ2's expansions have much more content to them than most MMO additions.

AS AN ALTERNATIVE... Maybe once or twice a year, Daybreak could do a "Buy it for Platinum" sale in the Marketplace. Kind of like how some states have tax holidays for back to school shopping?
    Geroblue and Forestchild like this.
  18. Forestchild Well-Known Member

I have a suggestion:

How about all those lazy no-good Researchers that research those recipes for us in our home, somehow have the option where we turn their quests that make us go craft something for them around and we pay them say 500p to craft the item instead of us crafting it.

That would be a kool plat sink.. What you think?
    Jesaine, Rosyposy and Geroblue like this.
  19. Jesaine Well-Known Member

That's actually a great idea. The power of whatever they craft would have to be limited though. Anything Fabled or higher could become just an easy way to avoid quests to gear up. Likewise I'd imagine the items would have to be Heirloom so as to avoid creating another way for people to make money selling on the Broker.
  20. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Now, as far as a specific item I'd like to see on the marketplace; a Musketeer's hat!

Yes, I know there's the hat from the Ratonga heritage armor crate, but the crown is too tall, and the brim is all limp looking. It's foppish and not something my Swashbuckler would wear.