Looking to start adorns on Skyfire

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, that is why I couldn't find Transmute recipes.

I'll look at it later today.

I have made a number of 6th and 8th level adorns.

Thanks !
    Breanna and Melkior like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I am now confused...

Processed man has to be made by Infusion of Air. Infusion of Air needs processed mana. Or something like that. Circular.

I did transmute 2 items.

Here is where my confusion comes in, copy and paste from my log. I think for my next trick, put a jigsaw puzzle together, blindfolded.

Anyway, the log.

(1656099856)[Fri Jun 24 14:44:16 2022] You need at least 125 Transmuting skill to transmute the Plated Serilisian Round Shield. You have 32 Transmuting skill.
    (1656099863)[Fri Jun 24 14:44:23 2022] You need at least 125 Transmuting skill to transmute the Kuzbak's Chanting Staff. You have 32 Transmuting skill.
    (1656099895)[Fri Jun 24 14:44:55 2022] You get better at Transmuting (8/600).
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

OK, you are getting different elements of Adorning confused. Let's break it down a little more.

First, like all crafting, Adroning is broken down into tiers. Transmuting is as well.

Tier 1 materials for transmuting are aquired by Tranmuting items that are level 1-9. You can transmute items f levels over your skill. Every level corresponds to 5 skill points. So when you have say 8 skill you can tranmute items level 6 and below. When you get to skill 10 you'll be able to transmute level 7 items.

Historically you leveled adorning by making items that you created with materials aquired by transmuting, in much the same way as you level tinkering by using harvested materials. However, they added the distillation and dillution books as a way to not only skill up your adorning, but also to alow you to turn materials you might have excess of into ones you need more of. For example, out of fragments but have dozens of powders? Dillute a few powders and now you have the fragments you need. Out of Manas but have buckets of Infusions? Distil your infusions into mana.

As for you log file. It looks like you were trying to transmute level 25 items. Since your skill is only 6, you can't. There are items that can be used to boost your tranmuting skill and allow you to transmute higher level items. Some of the Tradeskill mounts have transmuting skill bonuses. Also the Earring of the Solstice. If you have those equipped, you'll have the ability to transmute higher level items.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Uhm, no.

My character window says I have transmute of 8.

I tried to transmute 4 items.

I was able to transmute 2 of the 4. The other two gave me an error, then said my transmute was higher than my character sheet said.

I didn't mention Adorn anywhere.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

Lets take this one step at a time. What level items are you trying to transmute? The level on the item matters.

It may help to consider transmuting and adorning as completely separate things for now.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I try to transmute anything my characters cannot use. Turns out, I hadn't much to do anything with, just those 4 items.

Going to be a bit busy until Tuesday... I might be able to check in Saturday night late.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Your current tranmuting skill will not let you transmute anything over level 6. That is where the daily transmuting quest comes in. You are given 10 pairs of boots to transmute and get skillups off of.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes, I understand that. I was simply trying the 4 items that showed I could transmute.

I did check with eq2u Character page. The 8 was incorrect. That character has a 32 transmute doing the Infusion, Man, and Lapis fragments.

Kinda busy today, so the dailys will have to be later in this week.
  9. Daltharr Active Member

The start zones have low lvl mobs with a 1 to 2min respawn timer and garanteed drop.
    Rare roots is often supercheap and can be used to make mastercrafted items you can xmute.
    The loyalty token you need to increase faction with the Blades, The Coins and the Truth faction in Majdul can be traded for xmutation stones sold by the vendor at the docks of BBM. All is easy to obtain.

But its only the materials. And post wasnt so much about xmuting, it was about adorning. But. The fastest way to lvl adorning is NOT by making adornments. Its done by diluting and distillation of mats.

1 mana is turned into 7 infusions, 1 infusion is turned into 7 powders, and 1 powder is turned into 7 fragments.

The reversed verion is 10 fragments for 1 powder, 10 powders for 1 infusion and 10 infusions for 1 mana

There will obviously be some losses, you wont get a skillup every time you finish a combine. But you only need a few manas before you can get a lot of skillups from doing this, and you can max out in a matter of hours if you use this route and a few potions of crating progress.

inb4 the loyalty tokens no longer can be used to buy xmutationstones
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I decided to see just what 'chest drops' ( from the wiki), this account had.

Most of the characters on this account had few or none. One had several such items I could transmute. So I did. I don't think that character has enough of each one, but I do have around 6 to 9 different types of infusions, fragments, etc.

I also realized that I had upper level crafting characters locked up when my accounts wen to f2p. I need to change that, which I did do on this account.

I may be a bit too busy to game much the next two weeks, but I'll see what I can do.
    Breanna likes this.