Moving Forward

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Dawsonator, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Dawsonator New Member

Morning all ...
    Yesterday whilst I was playing I was the only one on the server for a few hours
    Just now there is me and one other player logged in.

I love this server but my concern is that server may die completely and get closed down. I don't want to invest my time and $$ on a toon here only for the server to die completely and get closed down.

My question to the Devs is what is the plan for this server moving forward if the population does not increase.

Cheers and Beers
    Dawson
    Siren and Buggabug like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Eventually the server will be merged with another, most likely AB.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

never thought a sever could be so empty after half a year
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The no level stuff was nice as a theory, but what drives any RPG is the ability to "power shop" for the next bigger, shinier bit of gear.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Bella22 New Member

I am coming back. I just stopped off at Varsoon to see what it was like. But I miss flying and using the map too much.
  6. Dawsonator New Member

The no level stuff really doesn't bother me that much, I just like questing, achievements and decorating my home and guild hall.
  7. Dawsonator New Member

I already have 9 max level adventurers/crafters on live, I don't need another on another server. Which is why I wanted to know what is happening, moving forward. If it's just going to be merged I'll just go back to live.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

It works really well for GW2. *shrug*
  9. Malachy Well-Known Member

Denmum specifically said transfers on or off are not possible due to the coding. So, yeah, that won't be happening.
  10. Kenn Well-Known Member

Everyone moved over to the new server, it seems to be buzzing. Packed like the good ole days.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Transfers and mergers are two very different things. When the server is closed, I would guess that all remaining toons will be merged into another server, likely AB if how it's been done in the past is an indication of how it will be done.
    Tkia likes this.
  12. Malachy Well-Known Member

Yes they are very different things, but in the context of the conversation that was on Discord at the time, it was about mergers and transfers both not being possible for the same coding reason that goes beyond entirely different achievements (which is not true for other TLEs that have merged in the past).

So until I hear differently, I will assume there will not be a transfer or merge to a live server. It would likely require more resources than maintaining a server regularly played on by 20 people.