What is going on with red collectibles?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Hartsmith, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Being the alt'aholic that I am, I had only recently finished Proof is in the Pudding on just one of my characters. It was my understanding that only the character who had the Earring of the Solstice would be able to find the red collectibles, but I am currently in the Svarni Expanse on an alt that hasn't even begun the series of quests that make PiitP available, but on a whim felt like picking up some regular collectibles before going tn to work on the VoV TS. What I'm finding are a lot of red shinies.

Is this a bug, exploit, or what???
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. KauaiJim Active Member

Been wondering about those red ones myself. They seem to only appear at random times in SE, KJ and MW and in FG only show when I'm in werewolf disguise. Makes them interesting I guess...
  3. Mezaka Active Member

If your toon has finished the VoV tradeskill timeline you can see the red shinies. You can only see the red shinies in Forlorn Gist, however, only when the werewolf guise is active.
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Interesting about the werewolf disguise. Doesn't explain my character though. She hadn't gotten that far into the VoV TS questline, so she hadn't gotten the disguise yet.

I did notice that I wasn't seeing any yellow shinies where I'd found those before in SE, but I haven't taken her to see if she can see them in any other areas yet.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's odd. I've been on several of my toons and not in a werewolf disguise and seeing plenty of them and not just in FG.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and AOE1 like this.
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Which ones?
    I know I should be seeing yellows, but I didn't see any while on that character. She was only seeing red shinies even though she doesn't have the Earring of the Solstice yet (no where near ready to do Proof is in the PUdding). So I am curious to know why she can see red but not yellow.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

The red ones are visible in the other zones all the time after completing the TS sig line. They may be visible after completing the ones for an individual zone. Not sure about that sicne I was done with the line on most my crafters when they were added.

It is only in FG that you must have the TS line finished, and in the Werewolf disguise to see.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Bhayar and Twyla like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As Melkior pointed out, they're TS collection ones. I did the TS lines when the xpac rolled out, so color me (no pun intended) confused as to why they're just now showing up. I've never seen or noticed them before and believe me, I've been across the zones with plenty of characters.
  9. KauaiJim Active Member

I'm going to elaborate a bit on my experience with the red shinies for the sake of getting to the bottom of this (maybe).

I have taken four characters through VoV completely both the TS and regular Sig lines plus all other quests (with the exception of some of those red rune ones on some toons). I started each zone (SE, KJ, MW, FG) concetrating on the TS line in order to get flight then finished up the other quests in each zone then moved on,

On all four of my toons I observed the same odd behaviour with the red shinies. They only seemed to be present in their respective zones during certain time periods. At first I thought it was farmers but there were times they weren't there at all even thought no one else was around.

This only seems to be for SE, KJ and MW. Sometimes those zones have red shines all over the place (and as you collect them they respawn failrly quickly) and other times - nada. Not a red shiny anywhere to be found.

This could be something on each of my toons that is determining it whether I see them but but I'm not sure what it is. It is not the completion of the TS line. That might be a requirement for seeing them at all in each zone but it does not seem to be the cause of the "only present / visible for certain time periods" behaviour.

And again, for FG only, you have to also have the werewolf disguise on (the same one to make the harvestables show up to gather for Renfry's quests).

I'm not sure exactly what causes the VoV red shinies to seemingly come and go for random periods but there is something happening. Not really a big deal as I gather them when I see them and have no problems getting them. Just more of a 'curiosity' as to why they seem to come and go at various times. And again, I don't see others around collecting them when they are gone so, it's a mystery!

I wonder if any of you have experienced the same or have figured out what makes them come and go at various times.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Haven't done VoV yet, so I can't shed any light on this... :-/

Uwk