Do people still think the Varsoon XP rate is too high?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Xeshaka, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

You "activate" the vial. Then 60% of all XP you would acquire goes into the vial. Once it is filled you can extract it from your XP bar and it becomes a tradable item.
  2. Jadefox2 Active Member

Cool.

What game are you playing now? :)
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

The same one! Would you believe the game doesn't end when you get to 50?
    I know I was shocked too, no rolling credits, no outro music.
    TheGreatGatsby and Pharone like this.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

On Stormhold, which had reduced XP and no potions at all in the beginning, people no-lifed it and hit level 50 in ~4.5 days. Where there's a will, there's a way.
  5. Jadefox2 Active Member

Cool!

Glad to see that this old horse still has a few suprises left for players yet.
  6. Pharone Active Member

I think the experience rate was good. I am an alt-a-holic, so I would have preferred a faster experience rate on subsequent new characters, but it's not bad.

I hit 50 relatively fast, and I have spent my time since then making alts, leveling crafting, learning languages, lore and legend, doing pre-quests for the various raids, and recently, raiding. As, Zenji said, the game has a ton to do AFTER you hit level 50, and I am enjoying all of that content right now.
  7. Kurth Member

I get the issues with doing DLW or Isle and being underleveled but first, DLW and New Halas should be disabled.

I'm more frustrated outleveling Stormhold or RoV in a single session. Stormhold has some cool quests that I ended up greying out and though the quest was cool, the reward was trash because for some reason some legendaries are worse than treasured at T3.

So yes, I would still like the XP rate to be slower.
  8. Arandar Well-Known Member

You'll find the same itemization issues with T4 and T5, slower leveling isn't the solution to that particular problem.

That said, T5 itemization is much better on Varsoon than it has been with previous TLEs.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Smashey Well-Known Member

I still think its too quick and there is nothing fun to do at level 50. Once you hit level 50 you have about 3 hours of content left doing or chase a raid item for .1 potency and 1 amod upgrade.

Items is also so incredible boring on Varsoon. There is no unique items and only getting upgrades every 10 level is super boring and lackluster. Stat consolidation and the 6th or 7th item rewamp really hurt this game bad.

IMO T5 should be all about the journey and leveling which is why I strongly believe the XP is too fast.
  10. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I disagree. I hit level 50 pretty much before the vast majority of people on the server (also beat Zenji...git gud scrub), and there is still a ton for me to do. Been doing heritage quests, as well as questing in various zones. Very much enjoying this server so far. Turns out, when you hit 50, the game doesn't shut down.
    Arandar and Zenji like this.
  11. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

This is actually incorrect. Vitality potions existed and people chugged $700 worth of them. I know, I was one of those people.
  12. Kurth Member

Yeah, or you could do those HQs and get XP from them at a level they're rotely challenging/interesting. You're rushing to 50 and then going back and doing lower level content on easy mode. Even if you mentor down it's stupid easy. How fun.
  13. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

lol.
    Zenji likes this.
  14. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Aww, honey.
    Zenji likes this.
  15. Arandar Well-Known Member

XP potions were most definitely not available immediately when Stormhold launched (hence why I said "at the beginning"). They were made available a couple of weeks later. Feel free to ask one of the devs on Discord if you want.

Or you could just read the original FAQ for Stormhold:
    • Marketplace will be highly restricted and polls will be done to determine what will be available. Experience potions will NOT be available at launch, but we will be adding them in later.
  16. Herc New Member

Honestly, the XP rate is really the only gripe I have with this server. It is just stupid getting 2-4 levels from running a dungeon. You'll need multiple alts to be able to experience all of the content...If you want to be getting XP while doing it anyway. Other than that...I've been having a blast :)
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

if you're going to be the "actually" guy. you need to be right.

What you quoted him saying was Vitality potions were on Stormhold at launch, and they were.

Experience potions were not.

Two different things.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

How long were you in a dungeon to get 4 levels? unless you were using XP potions.

If you want to go slower. Turn off combat XP once you reached the max level for the dungeon/zone you are in. It's really easy.
  19. Arandar Well-Known Member

I don't recall either type of potion being available on the marketplace at the launch of Stormhold. I'll take your word for it.
  20. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

XP Potions were not available, but vitality potions were. You said no potions at all, but Vitality potions existed. XP Potions did not.