Subquests

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Celestia, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

Okay, I get it. It's called EVERquest for a reason.

But seriously, please stop with the subquests. I am really getting tired of doing a quest in the timeline, just to find out or in this case, remember, OH YEAH I have to do this stupid run back and forth gathering nuts or some small thing quest.
    Why do I have to help a gnome find some gears or something just do try to get to the next zone? And I have tradeskillers, but it seems like you either do the ts timeline to fly anywhere or do all the annoying subquests that seem to have little to nothing to do with the story.
    That's the thing that really annoys me - the story may explain why we are doing all these little things, but it honestly comes off as almost filler.

That is all.
    Jesaine and Almee like this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

I despise subquests and see no reason for them. If you want us to kill time just put the quest in the line of quests so it isn't so confusing. It drives me crazy to have my quest log say to talk to so and so only that person won't talk to me because I haven't completed a subquest or two or five, or whatever. I end up with Wiki pages all over the place and it often conflicts with the game now that they run a million graphics on each page making reading directions for quests even more confusing.
    tasnee likes this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

Yes! Exactly. It’s not just for the VoV timeline either. The channeler epic is ridiculous with sub quests, like I know it’s an epic but I don’t see the point of going to New Tunaria to fill the well of purity or something, and having to click on the little urns for a quest to fill them. Just say fill them in the other quest and be done with it, good grief.
    Morukta likes this.
  4. Husvik Member

Upon my return (forgot how the entire game works on every level essentially) those sub quests kept throwing me for a loop. wasted so much time wondering why i could not find or continue whatever...

I mean i thought some quests were broken and literally deleted and started over one to end in the exact same situation, then read online oh hell my dude you have to do this gargantuan list of quests first lol.

Had to do some dung's twice because i should have had whatever before i went in, which for me i didn't mind but admit was a pita at the same time.

Outside that it's be nice if there was checklist within the master quest as i don't hate the sub quests, it's just another part ogf the roadblocks i talk about they should smooth out for new players.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The thing is, you don't HAVE to do any given quest... unless, of course, you want whatever the rewards may be.

There are plenty of folks who love questing and want MORE side quests and subquests. And those folks elbowing one another at the top of the Quest Leaderboards, trying to get to 9,000.
    Yenk and Twyla like this.
  6. Celestia Well-Known Member

Like I said, I get it to a certain extent because it's called Everquest and I should want to do it. But after so long it gets tedious. I just don't get how some things add to the story, like the gnome quests in KJ. As for the people who want to get there, good for them. More power to them. BUT there are lots of side quests already. Why they belong as part of the timeline is why I get confused, and then annoyed.
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

This is actually a really good idea, because that way, I'm not going through my journal trying to find something, or going through the completed part, HOPING that I did it already.
    Twyla and Husvik like this.
  8. Jesaine Well-Known Member

I can see SOME subquests being in game, but TBH I'm with the group here in as much as I feel they're overdone.

Going to get wood and other repair materials for the ship that's going to take you to a new zone is one thing... You need to run and do 20 things for the Boatswain's Mate before he'll tell you which materials and give you one tool before sending you off to the cook so you can gather provisions for the trip, etc... Yeah, that's a little ridiculous.
    tasnee and Husvik like this.
  9. Husvik Member

Thanks. Hope they implement it. It's not like they are optional, they are required, yet never mentioned.

I guess it's not a road block like hitting 100 and find the game is completely different and the wrong zone means no progression, like game over if you're not willing to do mega research lol.

The required sub quests is more of a incredibly bumpy af road

Things like /load_uisettings why are they not part of the character options, or where ever, it's the same questions asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and again, and people have to stop and answer the same questions for the millionth time, how come i can't level anymore just hit 100 what's happening?????????

I'm not sure how all that could possibly scream any louder than “Houston, we've had a problem".

Once you figure it all out it's like oh right just like before but how many new gamers are going to take the time.
    tasnee likes this.