Looking to start adorns on Skyfire

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My browser hiccuped, see if I can remember the info I asked for.

I have a 110 Jeweler and a 110 Sage, on ftp.

With a 43 Jeweler on all access.

I would like to make white adorns for my low, below level 50, characters. I've looked over the wiki and EQ traders.

I know which NPCs to get the recipes from in Qeynos and Butcherblock.

I didn't see what items I needed for making the adorns, probably see that in the recipes.

I'm not sure I can get the items that help, but I probably can.

Anything I need to watch out for ? Is the above correct ?

Thanks for any assistance.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Lets see Rare, Lapis Lazuli and then transmute that so it becomes a fragment. And the Ulteran Powder, I'll figure that one out.

Its like when I started my first character tinkering, I was confused, then I understood.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Gero the Lapis fragment comes from transmuting low level items 1-9. Not from the rare's.
    Geroblue, Twyla and Dude like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I did see them on broker... for larrrrge sums my characters don't have.

Thanks.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Thanks.[/quot
    What server are you looking for these on? What's your character name? I can mail you a bunch I have tons.

DOH LOL quoted myself
    Morukta likes this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Try this again. Server and character name. If you're on Maj Dul I can mail you a bunch I have tons.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was working on a character on Skyfire... but I'll check my Maj'Dul characters.

The two Maj-Dul characters are:

Nejiara is 120 adv Fury and Carpenter 110.

Probekh is 120 Ranger and Jeweler 110.

If anyone wants to send something to my Skyfire Character is: Bajeehan who 120 Warden and Jeweler 44.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok sent a bunch to Nejiara :)
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Nejiara has them. Thanks !
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

I can help on Skyfire. Is that character Bajeehan?

There is a daily adroning quest that gives you mats to level up adorning in the city as well. Unless you are looking to make adornments to equip, thats a slow, but good option. Also low level adorning has distillation and sillution recipees that you can break materials down or up to the next level.

Mana->Infusion->Powder->Fragment

I can send you manas, you can break them down into infusions and powders and fragments, etc
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Bajeehan yes.

I looked on the wiki, but the process seems to elude my ability to figure out the step by step.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

OK, check the mail. I sent you a Vol 1 Distillations and Dillutions book, as well as some mats. An easy way to level is to break manas into infusions, infusions to poweder, power to fragments, then build them back up. Or you can just make adornments with the mats. Enjoy!
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, they arrived after I had logged out. I have them. Thanks !
    Breanna and Melkior like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

When I scribe recipes for adorns, I find them easily.

When I scribe the others for transmute and distilling I cannot find them
    I tried distill enter and tran enter.

Also went to all crafting stands in my prestige house, scrolled down, I didn't find them.
  15. Melkior Well-Known Member

You look for the component name. Look for Infusion of Earth, Lapis Lazuli Frgment, Refined Mana, or Ulteran Powder.

For Infusion of Earth you should have 2 recipees. One of them takes a mana and a water and makes 7 Infusions. The other takes 10 Powders and makes an Infusion.

For Ulteran Powder you should see somethin similar. One recipe takes 1 infusion and makes 7 powders. The other takes 10 Fragments and makes 1 powder.

There is also a recipee for that makes 7 fragments from 1 powder, and another that makes 1 mana from 10 infusions.
    Twyla likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I've made adornments, powders, lapis, and infusions.

Now, how to transmute ?

I have adorn at 38, and jeweler at 50. experimentation at 250. Tinkering at 253.
  17. Twyla Well-Known Member

Start tearing stuff apart, you should have the transmute ability. It goes hand in hand with the adorning ability, you will still need to level it-you do that by tearing stuff apart. Whatever I get that I don't need/can't use in armor and weapons I rip apart on the spot and Tah-dah more adorning special items.

[Edit: you can buy transmuting recipes from the vendors where you purchase your other recipes.]
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Melkior Well-Known Member

Transmuting is a harvesting type skill. You can do the daily tranmuting quest as well. It gives you mats to transmute 10 items. Very useful (albeit slow) way to increase the skill.
    Twyla likes this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll look again. I did make a text file with some notes so I can find the recipes again.
  20. Melkior Well-Known Member

I should probably be a little more precise. Transmuting does not use the Crafting window. It is a skill in your knowledge book. You press it, your cursor turns blue, then you select a treasured or higher quality item (that isn't No-value) in your bags. A dialog box will pop up if you have the skill to transmute it asking if you want to transmute it. Say yes, and the item is detroyed and returns a Mana, Infusion, Powder, or Fragment based on the quality of the item. (Treasured items return powder or fragment, Legendary an infusion or powder, Fabled and higher a Mana or Infusion).

You can transmute 5 levels above your skill, so in the early phases you can only transmute a level 5 item or less. As your skill increases the level of item you can transmute increases accordingly. That is why the daily quest is so useful, particualrly early on. You can also craft Mastercrafted items and transmute them. A warning though, not all items transmute liek furniture, potions, or food.

Hope this helps. It's a lot to take in at th start, but it's not too bad when you get the hang of it.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.