Rhinocticus, blood sweat & gears

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Silkmyst, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Silkmyst Active Member

Hi all experts!

Able to solo all zones easily, gear is decent H1 able.

Can't seem to figure out rhinocticus strat? Blonde ranger, so you get it right? :)

I drag him into the shock area, but he just stops taking damage. An emote says use this to your
    advantage but I die. I did try heroic opps.

Duh uh? Thanks for any help.
    Silk
  2. Caninya New Member

You have to run him into the electrical wall at one end of the room. Once he hits that he will fall down and be vulnerable for a short time.
  3. Aumarea New Member

Has anyone had trouble with that part? I bring him over there but he does not fall over. I've tried again and again. Is there a particular spot on that electrical wall?
  4. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yeah I ran into this too. You need to lead him away from the tower with the 3 red lights and electricity, then run to that tower before he charges towards the black target on the floor that show up beneath you. If he isn't 'charging' when he's near the tower, nothing happens.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Malefiss New Member

You just have to stay at 101,3,-181
    Once he charged, let him there and wait. There will be a kind of overcharge and he will fall, then just burn him down
  6. Silkmyst Active Member

Thank you so much for the help.:) Originally, I was in the middle of the area, the black sparkle area would show up, and I'd drag him into that, then nothing, no damage.

Once I just hung out by the giant red charging jukebox machine in the corner, the black sparkle would show up there. Then he'd charge into all of it. A friend told me try to turn him sideways to the red machine, that helped too.

My problem was I was avoiding looking at any of the walls, got burned out on the zone back in the PQ days! I love the rhino art though, especially now I can do the zone.:rolleyes:

Silk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. girney Active Member

finished this quest for the third time but did not get credit. still says 2 on achievement
  8. Daelini Active Member

You have to wait for the cooldown to expire. Someone posted in another thread that you go to your "Journal" then over to "Mission Timers." In the "Search" box type in "Summer" and you can see if there is a "Yes" or "No" on the mission. If it says yes, then you cannot get another update yet. You can only get an update once every 18hours.
  9. girney Active Member

it says 17 hours and 4 minutes which means i just completed it but did not receive credit
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Being able to run the instance every hour and a half gives you a straightforward way to earn the Jubilation coinage you need to buy the bracers with.
    girney likes this.
  11. girney Active Member

i am doing that but i also need the six completions of that instance.
  12. Daryx Well-Known Member

I
    There doesn't seem to be a search box, just a filter by, which doesn't include Summer.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  13. Cuora Member

I had this also. I will check the mission timers but it should have been much longer than 18 hours when I tried to get in last night.
  14. Saracoa New Member

It works just like the familiar quest (Familiars Wild)... everyone is on the same timer. In fact, it shows that all three quests for the bracers are on the exact same schedule as the familiar quest, so hopefully this post will be helpful to folks going forward.

So, here's how it works: every 18 hours the timer resets, cycling through four 18 hour periods every three days. It 'starts' at midnight PACIFIC, so on EASTERN time, that means 3am, then 9pm, 3pm, 9am, then back to 3am again. You can only get the 'credit' for the achievement once per toon during each 18 hour period.

If you want to know where you (and everyone else) is in the 3 day cycle, you can do as mentioned above... go to Journal --> Mission Timers tab --> Filter by mission name: 'summer' (at the bottom) to see how long it will be before the next 18 hour period. It will also show if you've already gotten 'credit' during the current 18 hour period, with the current toon (Yes or No in Completed column).

Once you enter the zone, it will remain persistent for 3 days, but you can reset it after 1.5 hours so that you can start over from the beginning and do it all over (and get 'credit'). To do this, click on the EQII button --> Dungeon Finder --> Persistent Instances tab --> Reset Timer button. You don't need to get the quest again, just make sure that you have reset the zone before entering. Then, talk to the aspiring frog near the front of the zone, and take it from there.

You can also find out how many times you have gotten credit by going to Journal --> Achievements tab --> Live Events (on the left) --> Tinkerfest --> Tinkerer's Trial Terminated (in the main window). Make sure to click on Tinkerer's Trial Terminated, and it will show a progress bar, along with ?/6, where ? is the number of times you got credit. I assume it will be something similar for the next two events.

Hope this helps. It took me a bit to put it all together, but I think this explains everything you need to know.

BTW: IF you are using a paid account, you will get 20 Copper Jubilation Medals every time you complete the instance and get 'credit'. You will still get 10 if you complete the instance but don't get credit. The bracers are 200.
    Twyla likes this.