Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Denmum, May 13, 2022.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

Okay. I was trying to be helpful to circumvent complaints. Getting into the zone doesn't mean you can complete anything in said zone, as I've learned by experience. As optomistic as you are about grouping, unless you happen to be part of a very special kind of rare guild, no one drags ***** around anymore. The mechanics make this unbearable for the rest of the group.

It appears the direction the game is going in is away from scaling content for holidays. Which is fine, but sad. You're great, Kaitheel. The quest dialogue and quest names since you took over holidays have been awesome. Keep it up. It'll give me something to look forward to playing some day.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Mind you, Tinkerfest does have some new content that is tradeskill based (with no adventure level requirement) and thankfully, there's always been new items made available exclusively during each event, for anyone of any level. I wouldn't say the direction for live events, going forward, is away for scaling content, but I would admit it is not the focus of this year's additions to live events. The last two year's focus was adding Overseer quests, the year before was public quests. In between content focused features I try to flesh out other parts; collections, achievements, tradeskills, etc. What I add all depends on what kind of content that event already has, how long the event lasts, how long it's been since new content of that type was added - those kinds of details. That way, over the years, as an event grows, hopefully you'll find an event has something for everyone, not necessarily that everything is for everyone.

With that goal in mind, we looked at the plethora of play styles that EQ2 players enjoy, and it felt like those who enjoy the highest level range were less supported and less incentivized in many live events. So this year, we decided to take a look at that and add content there. Of course getting items with stats on it that high level players find desirable/useful requires the content meet a certain amount of challenge and time invested. That is often the hurdle that level scaling content cannot do so well. So, the dungeons were made with a static level, buffs, debuffs, attacks, etc. That doesn't mean that in the future we can't make lower level versions of these same dungeons available though!

Hopefully this little post helps explain our thinking, and reassures you that even your lower level characters will always find enjoyment in the returning events in EQ2.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Really hope these Bracers we're being incentivized by end up being BiS Ethereal worthy when oceansfull comes out. Otherwise I feel like it's all gonna be a waste of time for the "high level" range you're trying to target and most of the effects are meh at best. Especially since this is replacing our summer ethereals for the year
  4. Denmum Developer

Some people have reported problems with crafting the clockworker energizers and not getting quest credit.

1. Do not mass produce
    2. Perform the combines in the instance! There are two crafting stations in the zone (one right there at the entrance, one at Boegie) and all items are harvested in-zone, so there's not really a reason to go elsewhere to craft. For next year, it will be changed to allow you to craft them on any old workbench that you like, just to save on /bug report frustration, but there isn't a planned patch until the day before Tinkerfest ends, so I can't get this fix in any sooner.

Ditto the above for the clockwork energizers.

~Mum
  5. Aterskia Active Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I used a Portable Workbench 2.0 bauble to craft mine and it worked fine, just as a data point.
  7. Denmum Developer

Yes, it was checking that the combine happened within the zone. It didn't care what workbench-enabled equipment you used, only that you were doing the combine within the zone.
  8. Clintsat Well-Known Member

This is one of the best dev posts I've ever read. Thank you for the insight and, as an end-game-only player, thank you for targeting some content in there for us.
  9. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Better late than never, but I figured out why the instances for Gearing up the competition were not spawning any more nodes for me.
    Seems that when deleting the quest the game still leaves what I harvested before in my bags. After getting the quest again it would only let me collect the final number of items needed, but it counted my leftovers in bags, while starting to tick off the fresh harvest count in quest journal. When the quantities in my bags reached what was needed I could not find any more of that item ( even in new instance)
    I had to delete extras in bags to match what my quest counter was showing, only then the nodes showed up and I could finish harvesting enough to progress quest to the next step, which is craft 24 sparklets.

Too late for fiddling with it this year, but maybe before next TInkerfest somethign can be done
    Oh, this was on Test server on character Ennia.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Back when it was far more of a thing. Zam had brilliant advice for stuff even just on Test, where Wiki would only have advice once an event went Live. I miss Zam... :-/

Uwk
    Twyla, Breanna and Tkia like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Probably they are; I had the same issue where the only "appliance" that made sense for was a washer for a washer/dryer combo. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've probably suggested this before for prior Tinkerfests, but there's nothing that needs to limit it to just that (maybe this could go on the Loyalty Merchant Wishlist forum, too), though it would definitely be appropriate for that holiday... ;->

Somehow, some way, I'd love to be able to get a "Bank Anywhere" thing. Like maybe a stack of 5 one-use Baubles that summon an A.T.M. (Automated Transactional Mechanoid? whatever ;->) that you could use in places like, oh, I dunno...Nektulos or Thundering Steppes, at the docks or the village? The Enchanted Lands, maybe in the bar? We really wouldn't need anything when we're in Everfrost, since there's a Banker NPC right there, but those other places have glaring lacks. :-/

There are also higher level zones where we aren't liked enough yet for the Bankers (who should have a separate Guild, imho, like the Broker fee collectors ;->) to talk to us where a li'l in-game, respectable bot could help us out immensely. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Twyla like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

I miss Zam too I always liked them more. Sometimes I still look up some of the older quest there.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

ZAM paid its writers. The wiki is an all-volunteer effort. If I had the time to play on Test, probably I'd be covering more stuff too.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow! That, I never knew...well, yeah, I knew the thing about Wiki being volunteer, natch, but I never knew Zam paid them! :eek:

Reminds me of that line from Street Fighter: "You got paid?!" ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Suggestion for recipes added to next year's recipe book:

Since they're not available on the Marketplace any more in any form, why not let us have the Bornite recipes (the Tanks, the Panes, the Screens)? Either that, or put them in the Deepforge Carpentry Essentials, but I think they're so "high tech" they'd be perfect for Tinkerfest.

And if one doesn't have an Uwkish horde of alts, having only one per character from Pas Yu is just no fun. :(

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.