Bloodsaber Plaguebearers in Peat Bog

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by MightyMeaghan, May 25, 2022.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

In Peat Bog there are a series of non-aggro troll Bloodsabers that spawn periodically by the Antonica zone. They make a beeline to one of the large mushrooms in the area, cast a spell, and then poof. Does anyone remember what the deal is with these guys? Are they part of a deleted quest maybe? Is there a story behind them?
  2. Lidahn Lady of Light And Crystalline Hydromancer

The Bloodsabers are a criminal organization that dates back to before the age of turmoil.
    They Serve Bertuxxolous so they might be perfoming rituals to him? or maybe has something to do with the war of the plagues (the war was a live event quest so it's no longer available which personally sucks for me due to the lost lore no longer being open for players to explore) :( so sad.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The War of the Plagues was a live event that happened in EverQuest back in 2000. There are quest NPCs found in the Qeynos crypts who remember it happening. Are you referring to the Plague event that preceded the opening of the Bloodline Chronicles adventure pack shortly after EQ2 launched in 2004? Completely different event and the Bloodsabers had nothing to do with it.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The entrance to the Qeynos sewers is there in Peat Bog as well, and Bloodsabers have an active presence there. I expect that having them popping up in Peat Bog is just part of their comings and goings on their nefarious business.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, they have other static NPCs scattered across the zone, but these have an oddly specific behavior. I'm guessing whatever specific purpose they served, if any, is long lost.