Love Kael Drakkel

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Bella22, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Bella22 New Member

I keep seeing rumors about raid guilds leaving when Varsoon opens. I want to say to developers that this server is much more than just raiding. You should advertise the perks that other games like WOW don't have.: like the appearance tab, fast travel, beautiful homes and guild halls. I for one love this server because I can now explore areas I always leveled out of before.
    I would love to get on the council now to provide a non-raiders perspective. I have been playing for over 13 years --most of it as all access and have 3 main accounts any several extras for family members.
    Please do NOT close Kael Drakklel!
    Feara, Lateana, Malachy and 3 others like this.
  2. Buggabug Active Member

I like it here and really don't relish the idea of another tle. I'll probably make a toon for Varsoon, but I wanna stay on KD as long as they let me.
    Lateana and Denmum like this.
  3. Pharliquin Member

KD is fun and Different.
    I have "Dinged" 25-30 chars over the years all of them somewhere between level 50-100 I did take one to 120 when the Moon of Luclin first returned (was nothing like the Moon I left in EQ1). Point is the ding rush not that inspiring anymore and neither is Live servers. It is easy to be on KD and still enjoy the game for all the things that the company spent much money and time creating "Content" One day off to under the city, (been forever since did any quests there). Another day off to the Lava fields or Floating Sky islands. Point being you dont have to spend time in same zones, in the same order that has always been the route of progression in game. And you never fall behind. Travel is a snap (which on most TLE's is a pain)
    They could probably add a PVP type zone and that might serve all those folks with "Competitive Juices" which would help with server population and also help with getting raid updates. The server has possibilities and it really is a shame that more folks do not give it a try or do not truly appreciate Norrath beyond grinding for levels and gear. Im going to pass on Varsoon, maybe I be ready to grind again in 2 years when they rinse-repeat.
    Bella22 and Buggabug like this.
  4. Bella22 New Member

I am so tired of players knocking Kael Drakkel. It has many fine features.
    There are more than 4 of us. Let us enjoy it in peace. Not everyone enjoys racing and missing most of the enjoyable content that was developed over the years, Many developers created very interesting quest lines with interesting info over the years. I even learned another way to meditate that I had never learned of before. The old developers had more time to plan and test so that leveling was NOT a grind. Please quit trying to take this pleasure from us. Also flying is a pleasure I do not want to abandon.

Please reasure us that Kael Drakkel won't be closing for a long time.

Buggabug likes this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

It takes about a year to shutter a server. They have to schedule those things about a year in advance, so I think you're safe for a while. I'd roll everyone you want to roll, though, because once the "lights out" announcement hits, they may shut off new character creation so people don't storm the assumed AB merger with blinged out L90 crafters/adventurers.

Not sure how the crate gear would transfer over, though, come to think of it. That might work in your favor for keeping L&L open even longer. IoR is still going, even post-exploits/post-transfer-lock.
  6. SirNaves New Member

I just joined Kael over the past weekend and I love it! I think the concept is really neat. I will be playing on Varsoon as well but after a couple weeks I see myself heading back to Kael at least 50% of my time. I have met several cool and helpful people on KD; Shoutout to the kind folks of <Still Here> and <The Smoke Shop>
    Feara and Siren like this.
  7. Malachy Well-Known Member

Just throwing it out there, but Denmum said on Discord on 05/10/2022, "Due to certain features of the server, there are no plans to allow transfers."

That's not definitive for some future closure or merger, but it is far off the radar at the moment. I suspect they might make some significant changes and try another promotion campaign before they'd just close it or merge it.

I love the server and would say the biggest complaint I have at this point is the low population makes certain content very difficult to do. There are still issues with Velious being madly overtuned and resist caps set far too low, but it's still a fun place to play. L&L > Live any day.
  8. Bella22 New Member

quote="Bella22, post: 6689098, member: 729743"]I keep seeing rumors about raid guilds leaving when Varsoon opens. I want to say to developers that this server is much more than just raiding. You should advertise the perks that other games like WOW don't have.: like the appearance tab, fast travel, beautiful homes and guild halls. I for one love this server because I can now explore areas I always leveled out of before.
    I would love to get on the council now to provide a non-raiders perspective. I have been playing for over 13 years --most of it as all access and have 3 main accounts any several extras for family members.
    Please do NOT close Kael Drakklel![/quote

My two accounts are still here occasionally. It is easy to get the mobs you want, but it would be nice to give us free character transfers to a world where we have other characters.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

I suspect that transfers are hindered by the armor here, it being of a different progression than live. And they don't give out free Heroic toons too often on live, either. .
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Yep, they'd need to stop all character creation on Kael before even announcing free server transfers or else a ton of people would just create the level 90 toons to bypass normal server restrictions.
    Siren likes this.