Varsoon Launching Next Week!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, May 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karioki Active Member

Exactly! Being professional.
  2. Fikkif Member

So there are PTW crates available on day 1 of the TLE?!?!
  3. Jadefox2 Active Member

It's nearly two decade-old MMORPG - what exactly are you going to be winning with the crates?
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

XP potions, 15% move speed clicky, 66 slot bag, a mount with no combat stats, and a tax free broker box. Pretty mild compared to many games, including live servers.

Kronos and Spell Research are much more "PTW" than anything in that crate.
    Dude likes this.
  5. Beneeto Member

they're winning at broker listing wars, tragic !
  6. Fikkif Member

Ahh, ok....yeah that's pretty tame IMO.
    Thanks for the info.
    Zenji likes this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Curious about this part. Is it posted somewhere? I looked, but didn't see it.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

https://www.everquest2.com/packs

I made the assumption the mounts stats (other than 29% run speed) will be set to 0 on Varsoon launch and scale up later. Because that's how claimable mounts worked on Kaladim.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

I only see the DoV Pack there, not the Varsoon pack.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

Same

not all CDNs updated yet?
  11. Mandoh New Member

If I buy the Velious Crate today can I buy the Varsoon Crate tomorrow and claim both on the Varsoon server?

That's how I did it on EQ1 when new TLP's came out. If it works that way for EQ2 I am ready to fork over my $70 USD!
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

13. Rammz New Member

I apologize if this has already been posted. I couldn't find it. Assuming all goes as planned, what actual time will logins be available? Is it like 12:01AM or does it happen after a patch time? Just wanting to get a start on trying to secure a preferred character name. Thx!

UPDATED: Nevermind - I see that they just posted this: "All EverQuest II Servers will be taken offline on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 7:00 a.m. PDT (14:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 3 hours."
  14. Mandoh New Member

Dude likes this.
  15. starblast New Member

16. Miragian Well-Known Member

There might be another multi-crafting station in it but, we likely won't know for a bit longer. I would be surprised if there is not either a multi-crafting station and/or a new teleporter thing just so there is a "must have" otherwise the sales are going to be... meh. Particularly with the likely death of the broker on live.
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

Honestly, I wouldn't expect either since they are (according to Accendo) keeping the DoV crate up, for the first time, simultaneously. It would negate the purpose to having both crates available if they have that much overlap, imo - Not a great business decision.
  18. The_Grim_Ogre New Member

Packs undergoing maintenance right now on site. New packs INC...
  19. Jadefox2 Active Member

Nice.
    I bought the Velious one a few hours ago. Curious to see what's in the new one.
  20. Khayos Member

Servers came up almost 10 minutes ago, but Varsoon isn't on the list yet. Do they not spin it up until they finish the pack maintenance or is there a specific time of the day the server is going live?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.