Varsoon TLE Server FAQ

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Accendo, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrtrandoshan New Member

Long time lurker, was really hoping to see expansions at 3 months instead of 4. These guys seem to listen somewhat though, hopefully they'll make the right decision to lower that time-span. Cheers.
    Beneeto, boho and adaria like this.
  2. Delfofthebla New Member

I made a forum account to say that I am part of this "vocal minority", but was being completely silent.

In fact, from what I'm seeing/hearing, I'd actually prefer if xp was even slower than the previous rates. 16 weeks is way too much time and you'll be sitting at max level for most of that. The TLE's are supposed to be about re-living the original experience of playing the game, and if you just speedrun to raiding, what's the point? I wanna take my time, explore, level, and do dungeons damnit--not spend my nights working a second job.
    Zarriya and adaria like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you can still do that Delfoftheeba, but yea, you will be more or less by yourself.
    Forcing everybody else to slow down is just not right either, even so, that I prefer to take it slow and smell the roses.
  4. Raphielle New Member

I read that many /claim items will not be available on the Varsoon server. I was wondering if specific yes or no answers could be provided for the following items?

> Bag of Dirty Tricks - 88 slots
    > Destiny of Velious Crate
    > EverQuest II Great Escape Crate
    > EverQuest II Celebration Bundle
    > Visions of Vertovia: Prestige Vacrul Castle

If not, perhaps an explanation as why they are unsuitable for Varsoon?
  5. Khayos Member

To be honest I think many people are sick and tired of having the initial span of expansions to getting AA's take 3-4 months a piece.
    I think the initial game plus Desert of Flames, and Kingdom of Sky expansions should be 4-6 weeks a piece and go out to 12-16 weeks when Echoes of Faydwer launches.

example:
    EQ2 - 4 to 6 Weeks
    DoF - 4 to 6 Weeks
    KoS - 4 to 6 weeks
    EoF - 12 to 16 weeks
    Thereafter - 12 to 16 weeks a piece.
    Zarriya, Beneeto, Smashey and 4 others like this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

This will never happen in a million years. The TL game is only retuned to DoV. Server contracts are a thing. The devs are not going to launch another TLE every 6-9 months, get real. Even mergers (like for poor Kaladim) have to be set up like a year in advance; that's the time it took to shutter Rivervale.

All you hyperactive kiddies with no families or jobs can just calm down and roll some alts and crafters. People who do have jobs and kids (or are family caretakers) get very put off when they're stuck leveling alone, because the content got unlocked way too fast. People can play single player games and not pay a sub if they want that!
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I hear the term "deemed out of progression" mentioned frequently with regard to Varsoon. Also, many players were concerned that live xp rates would negatively affect progression on Varsoon, so that was changed.

I think we should at least be consistent when we determine what is out of progression on the server. When the game launched in 2004 there was no market place. SOE launched the market place and station cash in 2008. Therefore, I think the following items should not be made available for sale on the market place as they would be out of progression:

Experience and Vitality Potions
    Mounts with Stats
    Any potion or other item that will affect game play
    Adventure Packs (i.e. Dinosaur Mount on Kaladim, etc.)

After all, we are not allowed to claim potions,etc. via veteran rewards because they are deemed out of progression (although players were able to claim familiars and use overseers?).

Also, the Krono did not exist for several expansions. If players already have Krono's on their account or if they want to purchase them from DBG to pay for their membership, no problem. However, Krono's should not be available to buy or sell on Varsoon's broker. Disabling this would provide for a more stable in game economy.
    adaria, Pixistik and Siren like this.
  8. SeaJae Member

I don't think Exp/Vit pots should be taken out, but I do think Vet rewards should be in. Or at least custom vet rewards for the TLEs to remove anything that people absolutely shouldn't have access to. I think the discontinuation of vet rewards as well as leaving out vet rewards in TLEs feels like a slap in the face to people who've been around since the near beginning.

I definitely agree with everything else though, if it's only available on the marketplace then I can see why it exists but I'm not here for it.

Biggest thing I agree with is the Krono availability. Definitely kills the economy quickly.
  9. boho Member

Krono and XP potions are never going away. They want to make money.
  10. boho Member

What do you care, casual? You can do your Ratonga ERP in the Qeynos inn during any expansion.
    Smashey likes this.
  11. boho Member

It’s funny, EQ1 TLEs get more and more successful as their time in expansions drops further and further. Turns out people want to see stuff they haven’t seen before more than they want to retread the same stuff that’s been available for decades.
    mrtrandoshan likes this.
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

yall are going to kill the server with these goofy *** 4-6 week expansion ideas. Go play on Kael Drak or something... FG and Kaladim were great and heavily populated except for DoF, stick with that model.
    Siren likes this.
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

They do make money with micro transactions and subscriptions.

I am not asking to get rid of Krono, only that people can't buy or sell it on the Varsoon broker. They can still use what they have or buy them for membership from DBG.

Also, if people are concerned about the rate of xp and how it affects progression, then they should also be against the sale of experience and vitality potions on the TLE market place, otherwise, they are contradicting themselves.
    Pixistik likes this.
  14. Beneeto Member

don't disparage the high artform that is Ratonga ERP, I'll have you know it's how I earn a living on these servers!
    Ladarion and Siren like this.
  15. Riverbear Active Member

Kronos should be No Trade. That fixes everything.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

How would someone go about buying a Krono with in game plat if they are no trade?
  17. Riverbear Active Member

Station Cash Store. Not with plat. And there is no way in this life or the next anyone can tell me they have the equipment and time to play the game that they can't scrape together a means to buy a subscription or a Krono. Station Cash Store.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

Buying Krono with station cash does not serve the same function. Sorry.
    boho likes this.
  19. Jalathan Active Member

personally, I'm happy with the 12-16 week release schedules. I don't want to get to current content (or even DoV) that quickly. Granted, the exception to that was DoF, I didn't like that one at all, but IMO, the xpacs went down hill rapidly after RoK and DoF was horrid (IMNSHO)
  20. Smashey Well-Known Member

God I love all your comments. 10 out of 10 them shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Server contracts? This isnt 2003. They either spin up another server in the cloud or setup another virtual machine.

Server contract... LMFAO.

Also why are you always so hostile? Kiddies, jobless losers etc.? At least have common decency when writing on boards.
    Ladarion and boho like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.