Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Denmum, May 13, 2022.

1. Denmum Developer

Tinkerfest is now active on Test!
    Like clockwork, Tinkerfest has returned! Take up your favorite wrench in celebration of all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof!

Your headquarters for all things Tinkerfest can be found in the heart of Steamfont Mountains, at Gnomeland Security. Adventures, rewards, buyables, and crafted items, both new and familiar, await you, as does the Ak'anon Tinkerer's Guild!

That’s right, the esteemed tinkerer’s guild of ancient lore has been reformed, and you might just be the missing cog to their workings! Speak with Tickni Kerplooie or Navier Stokes, recruiters found celebrating in Gnomeland Security. I’ve heard applying to their ranks requires impressing a scrutinizing evaluator in the Plane of Innovation! You’re up to the challenge, aren’t you?

Tibbles Aclatter, an inventor, and artificer in her own right, is also looking for some assistance tracking down archaic mechanamagica components. But if that’s not your wheelhub either, I know for a fact both Bertram Fiddledeegrak and Snafu Fizzbrip at the Dropship Landing Zone in Moors of Ykesha could use some help.

New features for '22!
    Special Rules Servers
    • Varsoon - A special Tinkerfest themed merchant, a celebrating tinkerer, and The Shiny Tinkerfest Cog, the currency used to purchase event items, are located in the city of Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District.
    • Kaladim - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • “Blood, Sweat, and Gears”, "Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial", “Hack 'n Slash” (PQ), and "Gearing the Competition"
    • Kael Drakkel - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • “Blood, Sweat, and Gears”, "Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial", The Reticent Tinkerer, "Hack 'n Slash" (PQ), and "Gearing the Competition"
    • Tarinax - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • “Blood, Sweat, and Gears”, "Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial", Tinker Bound History, The Legend of the Geargobbler, The Reticent Tinkerer, "Hack 'n Slash" (PQ), A Clockwork Snafu, Fiddledeegrak’s Great Invention, "Gearing the Competition" and Aether races.

Live servers
    • New adventure quest!
      • Blood, Sweat, and Gears offered by Tickni Kerplooie at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains for players level 120+.
    • New tradeskill quest!
      • Gearing the Competition offered by Navier Stokes at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
    • New dungeon with solo and heroic versions!
      • Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial [Heroic] and [Solo]
    • 11 New Merchant Items sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security, including a new mount!
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Tinkerfest Blueprints 14.0" sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains. The recipes require Shiny Tinkerfest Cog obtained as quest rewards or harvested, and other low level harvestables as components.

Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • What About Bhoughbh
      • Bits and Baubles
      • Full Metal Domicile
      • Famed Phosphorescence
      • Furiously Fast
      • Gnomachine Too Complicated
    • Previous tinkering recipe books sold by Tarly, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0 – 13.0
      • Master Tinkerer's Companion Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 1.0 – 3.0
    • Returning collections:
      • Tinkered Parts Collection
      • Tinkerer’s Extraordinary Toolbelt
    • Returning Overseer quests and Agent
      • Offered by Tibbles Aclatter at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains
        • Mechana Arcanus - Vaulted Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - Drednever Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - Maldura Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - D.I.R.T.Y. Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - Celestial Component
    • Returning quests:
      • Fiddledeegrak’s Great Invention - repeatable annually
      • A Clockwork Snafu - Repeatable, once per year
      • Hack ‘n Slash [public quest] – repeatable
      • We Can Rebuild - Repeatable, once per year
      • Tinker Bound History - Repeatable, once per year
      • Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica - Repeatable, once per year
      • The Reticent Tinkerer - not repeatable
      • Tinkerfest Cheer - repeatable
      • Friendly Competition - Repeatable, once per year
      • Great Balls of Fire - repeatable
      • The Legend of the Geargobbler - Repeatable, once per year
      • If They Only Had a Brain - Repeatable, once per year
      • Guide Quest: "A Tinkerer's Clockwork Catalog"
      • Guide Quest: "Tome of Tinkering”
    • Aether races participating
      • Aether Racing: Great Divide
      • Aether Racing: Butcherblock
      • Aether Racing: Lavastorm
      • Aether Racing: Tenebrous Tangle

Any feedback submitted after 5/19 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year, due to current update schedules.

This event content is currently set to run 06/2/2022 at 12:01 AM PDT until 06/15/2022 at 11:59 PM PDT on the live servers.

Thank you!
  2. Denmum Developer

Navier Stokes for the tinkering quest "Gearing the Competition" seems to have decided not to have a quest feather or a quest book when done. I'll get that into a fix next week.
  3. Herne Active Member

Looking forward to the Event, but I dont understand why the new quest is restricted to high levels only.
    It seems very unfair to players who dont play at endgame.
  4. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Can confirm, tested on newly created char with VoV starter gears but was decimated in the new PoI solo. No-merc didn't help, either.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Denmum Developer

Gninja is fixing it to be a 2-player instance so you can duo or merc.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow, are you now doing Kaitheels job Mum? :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Denmum Developer

No - he was taking some well-deserved time off, so I handled the posts for the weekend. :)
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

aaaahh ok good I like you very much, but I would be sad if he was to leave.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Any feedback from the 11 New Merchant Items? What about the new recipes in "Tinkerfest Blueprints 14.0"?
    Any troubles encountered with the new quests?

~ Kaitheel
  10. Cuora Member

That would be wonderful! My 125 Necromancer Gryymm, with just pet, was able to get to the cute little froggie and even to the test site, but trying to solo these guys was brutal. My resolve is not sky high, but she has finished the TS VoV and is doing the adventure line so getting better armor but still is getting clobbered. Merc will help definitely. I was disappointed when my merc had to wait outside. Was able to do the TS line with no trouble. That was fun.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. elflover Well-Known Member

Cant do new quest so no idea since its a 120+
    New merchant items are cool ...love the tall ladders and the conveyor belt
    Have no crafted the items yet just got test toon to 25 tinker to scribe them
  12. Denmum Developer

If I'm understanding things correctly, the solo buff was missing as well and is being fixed by Gninja. We'll let you know when we manage to get a patch out to make it doable. My warden got through to Boegie as well, and then I threw in the towel and whimpered. :D
  13. Kasa Well-Known Member

No problems with the 11 New Merchant Items or the new recipes in "Tinkerfest Blueprints 14.0".
  14. Denmum Developer

Now on Test with the patch a few minutes ago:
    • Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial [Solo] now properly applies the solo buff to the player
    • Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial [Solo] now allows 2 players, or a player and a merc, to enter the same instance.
  15. Denmum Developer

The final boss in the new solo is misbehaving and becoming permarooted if you are standing too close to him when he charges. He's also a bit detrimental-happy. Gninja's fixing both of these issues, and they will (hopefully) be in Friday's normal Test patch.
  16. Carynn Well-Known Member

I would suggest that when you promote this/release this live you put "for people who own Visions of Vetrovia" with the new quest and dungeons. It is NOT for everyone level 120+, as there are people who are level 120 who only own BoL/RoS, and the new quest (like with the Chronoportal event) cannot be completed by level 120 people who don't own VoV.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

I am unaware of any mechanical limitation requiring Visions of Vetrovia for the tradeskill quest, the adventure quest, or the new solo and heroic versions of the dungeon.

Do you mean due to the difficulty of the dungeons you are unable to complete it or the adventure quest that sends you in there?

~ Kaitheel
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the book Tinkering Competition Supply Instructions book (for quest Gearing the Competition) seems to be lootable without any restrictions. While I totally don't mind getting multitude of these pretty books it is labeled LORE, while it's not true LORE, but rather HOUSE-LORE. I have many in my bags, but can only place 1 per house
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  19. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Ok, I will be polite as I can...

• New adventure quest!
      • Blood, Sweat, and Gears offered by Tickni Kerplooie at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains for players level 120+
    It is my limited on view on Test Server that we are missing a lot of direction, progression and advancement advice on the quest progression. It is very limited. More quest advice is need for "Blood Sweat and Tears and Gears" and "Not Easy Being Green" sub-quest. Both need more directional information
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Tinkered Conveyer Belt - while it's awesome that it actually moves you.... while jumping on it from different angles it did throw me up in the air so I landed outside the boundaries of my Halas 6 roomer, up above ceiling of entry room, in the blackness LOL

Any way to sloooow down the conveying? and eliminating the throwing in the air that belongs to the spring/cube things?