Not A Bug Merchant's Den Meta collection reward item stats

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kafo, May 12, 2022.

1. Kafo New Member

Just curious if the reward for the den meta collection was supposed to be the 355 neck that we already have? Shouldn't it be the new 365 neck that is on the merchant for 2400 coins after completing both meta collections?
    EmJay, Chari, Daxdd and 10 others like this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Seriously ? That needs to get fixed.
    Terrius, Bitin, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

Or, even if not the upgraded 365 neck off the merchant in Kamapor, it should certainly be *something* other than the same reward as the regular Vetrovia meta collection reward.
  4. Terrius Well-Known Member

Yes this is very frustrating. I wouldn't mind if the neck was Heirloom, but now I'm stuck with 2 identical necklaces? :(

For the record this was the reward window:

[IMG]
    Chari and Bitin like this.
  5. DENSER Well-Known Member

On the one hand, it pushes you to farm coins, so to have content that lasts longer artificially.
    That's maybe not a bug ?
    I wonder...
    But agréé, at least something else than that
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Pushing us to get coins is one thing, but giving the upgraded Vetrovia meta neck is pointless - the number of players that will actually have *any* use for that as a reward at this point is going to be VERY close to zero, even for alts, especially when it unlocks an upgraded version.

It just screams 'we didnt have time to create a different item, so here you go!'

(That said, I was under the impression it gave the actual 355 neck without the blue slot, not the initial 2400 coin neck - that makes this much less likely to be a bug. This is most likely an intentional choice, as much as we all disagree with whatever logic is behind it.)
    Terrius likes this.
  7. Terrius Well-Known Member

Yeah, this has a very "working as intended" feel to it. That being said, the rest of the collection rewards were hooked up wrong until a couple patches ago too, so my heart has the faint glimmer of hope that this was overlooked because nobody was able to complete it yet.

If not, it's really disheartening. I was super excited to finish the collection on my main, only to get the neck he's already wearing and have to spend ANOTHER 2400 coins on him. At least let it give out an item we won't immediately be forced to discard. Maybe it's just sour grapes because I was actually looking forward to the coin grind for my Paladin but now I've lost all interest and motivation for it.

Also, I don't think this is a "retention" driver. That's what the Obol merchant is for and why obols are so terrible to grind. This feels like an overlook to me, a sort of, "we'll fix it before anyone can get it in 6 weeks".
    Taled likes this.
  8. EmJay Well-Known Member

Has there been any clarification from the devs about this in discord maybe? Doesn't make sense to have the same reward from the two differerent collections. /shrug
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

It doesn't, though.

It's still *kind* of insulting, but the reward from the Merchant's Den meta collection is the *upgraded* neck that you initially had to spend 2400 coins to buy - NOT the reward from the first meta collection.

Ideally it would have been a new item entirely that would actually have a use, but it isn't the same item rewarded from the prior meta, which is what I initially thought as well.
  10. EmJay Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I didn't think that. I know it's the one that was bought after you completed the first collection. However, I do agree it's an insult and was wondering if it was intended.
  11. Silvered New Member

I was definitely disappointed to find out that Den meta was not a 365 reward neck. It's supposed to be better than the last and to give us a 355 neck that we already have and then to "pay" for the upgraded one on the tune you completed it on truly is a smack in the face. I understand alts having to pay like they did with the last meta but, it's ridiculous to make my main pay for it. AND not to mention the neck is broken when it comes to the blue slot. You click the neck thinking it will use the new rune and only the neck effect will proc not the rune and there is no way (currently) to make it work. They should give an option or right click or some type of choice so the new blue rune can be utilized properly in the neck piece.
    So, please patch the neck to 365 and fix the effect...your assistance is greatly appreciated!
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

They can't have the Merchant's Den meta by itself give you the new 365 neck because that neck requires that you have completed BOTH meta collections to purchase.

It's not from JUST the Merchant's Den meta. The problem here is that they put the Azure Star Darkened neck as a reward for this collection at all - it should have been an entirely new item, not an old item that already existed.
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Benj Well-Known Member

This is easily the strongest argument I've heard in favor of purchasing the necklace on the toon that completed the collections. I still hold my complaint that the reward from the VoV meta should have been the same as the item on the status merchant. Perhaps the Den meta should have given the same/similar neck, and somebody who finished both metas would be able to purchase an upgraded version.
    Twyla likes this.