May 24th TLE Release - Varsoon HYPE!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Rhoks, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Smashey Well-Known Member

The XP rates is a huge turn off for me. Might as well play on live and not be locked from content for 15 weeks. Thats how fast you will reach 50.
    Melt likes this.
  2. Turkish Member

Excited for everything except the failure to tune xp down. Oh well, that's what alts are for :)
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Did you like the XP rates on Kaladim?
  4. Smashey Well-Known Member

For what I was personally hoping to do with a TLE server this time around then no, Kaladim is too quick too.

Did I think Kaladim was fine when I played back then and all I wanted to do was rush to level cap and clear the expansions as fast as possible and then only raid log once a week and login for every contested and avatar discord call? Absolutely.
  5. Rhoks Active Member

My hype is losing its hype for thie TLE server :(
  6. boho Member

Since there seems to be nowhere to offer direct feedback, I'm going to pray somebody from Darkpaw sees this:

16 weeks is way too long for many of these expansions, especially combined with Live XP. TLE servers seem to lose half their population every month with a rebound when a new expansion comes out. We saw it on Kaladim, we see it on every EQ1 TLE. That's just the nature of the beast. A fourth month of an empty server isn't fun for anyone. At least in month three you've still got ~13% of launch still kicking around, but month four drops to single digit percents. This is especially bad pre-KoS when the game is still very simple and there's not even AA to play around with.

Please let us have a poll or something about this release cadence. I suspect something more like 10-12 weeks with 5-6 weeks for DoF and each part of DoV would easily win. And you'll make more money by retaining the additional player interest.

As for XP - it doesn't matter. All slow XP does is break the Darklight and Frostfang chains and confuse the hell out of players new to those zones. You still lose 50% of your players month over month. Fast, slow, I really don't mind either way. I just don't want to be trapped in Shattered Lands for four months when I'll be at level cap for at very least 3 of them, and more realistically, closer to all 4.
    adaria and Pharone like this.
  7. Jadefox2 Active Member

Nah. 16 weeks is fine.

Just turn off your XP - Stop at 49 for 15 weeks or something...
  8. Laalon2 Active Member

Mine isn't. /shrug

I'm not pumped about the xp rates, but it's not a deal breaker for what I want. I'll be playing multiple characters from day 1. See most of you there!
    Rhoks and Jadefox2 like this.
  9. Rhoks Active Member

I will be doing the same and probably try to knock out all the HQs
  10. Harington Member

I'm really looking forward to turning back the clock, and at least for a day or two, having everyone in the same boat. I haven't really raided since the game first came out, and look forward to using this a chance to try and get back into raiding.

My goal is to play a support healer, until I get my skills where they need to be. Thinking of a Defiler, or a Warden. I really enjoy both classes.

My only gripe is we still have a couple weeks to wait. Regardless, looking forward to meeting new players and having some fun in EQ2 again!
  11. Debug New Member

With the XP rate you can get max level and give EQ1 TLP a go as well! =P
    adaria and Kahleem like this.
  12. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

A slower xp rate isn't going to make the server more fun nor will it guarantee grouping. Also, as long as people can buy vitality/xp potions, it is a moot point.

I have played on every TLE server and it is the same every time. The vast majority of players will grind to get to end game. At least by making the xp rates the same as live, it will make it more alt friendly.
    adaria and Kahleem like this.
  13. Killa New Member

Slower is the xp rate , the more they can sell pots ? tunning down a bit the xp rate won t make difference for people who want to lvl fast because they will anyway but they ll pay more pots !
    People who want slower xp won t buy pots .
  14. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

What I am saying is that a slow xp rate won't keep the majority of players from grinding as quickly as possible to get to end game. The ability to buy xp/vitality pots just makes that process quicker, but they will rush even without buying xp/vitality pots. This has happened on every TLE server they have created.
    Zenji likes this.
  15. Rhoks Active Member

Well with faster leveling I can atleast power level everyone in my guild now :)
  16. gorraku New Member

I will not play it with live xp rate, how can the dev be so incompetent and blind about what peoples want.
    They will not have a penny from me.
    Dude and Smashey like this.
  17. Kotter Legendary Member

see ya there.
    adaria, Rhoks, Zenji and 1 other person like this.
  18. Rhoks Active Member

Faster XP just means less money for us to spend on XP pots lol
  19. Kahleem Active Member

Only reason I'm actually interested in this TLE is BECAUSE of the live-like XP rates. If they touch that I won't play, and I'm glad they went in this direction. ;)

Slow XP rates is NOT what makes EQ2 TLE's fun.
  20. Smashey Well-Known Member

The easy contested content, the easy raid content or the very easy heroic content or is it the awful items that makes EQ2 TLEs fun then?
    Turkish and Rhoks like this.