May 24th TLE Release - Varsoon HYPE!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Rhoks, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

What? You can log into Kaladim right now and not be maxed level and move the slider back and forth.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Revvix Well-Known Member

I think the idea would be to allow players to customize their XP gain rate. So, instead of on/off, players could set it to 75%, 50%, etc. and enjoy the content longer while still making progress at a rate they find ideal. I agree that most players would never use the slider for this though. If you want to continue playing in a low level dungeon, just get to a good level and lock your bar. Alternatively, you could mentor other group members. This greatly decreases your xp rate and increases someone else's slightly so they can catch up with you.

On Kaladim, the bar was locked at 100% until AAs were released with KoS I believe. The bar just couldn't be moved at all and will probably work the same on Varsoon.
    Zarriya likes this.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Why would the AA bar move before you had AAs? If you don't want XP just turn off Combat or Quest XP. It isn't hard.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Rhoks Active Member

I thought Kaldim released with DoF which had 50 AAs? My assumption would be if thats thw case when allow the AA slider to actually slide like it should be

And to your comment yes people can lock combat XP and Quest XP. They should allow both like it was previously on Live.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Kaladim launched at Shatterlands (vanilla), then did DoF, then in KoS got 50 AAs.
    In KoS when you get AAs, you can adjust the slider.

They allow "both" on TLEs. I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Mizgamer62 and Zarriya like this.
  6. Laalon2 Active Member

I thought people were saying that was disabled on TLE servers, my bad
  7. Accendo Guest

Update: The FAQ for Varsoon is being finalized and we plan to post it next week.
    Zarriya, Mizgamer62, Carynn and 8 others like this.
  8. Rhoks Active Member

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
    Jaden likes this.
  9. Jadefox2 Active Member

Are we there yet?
    Jaden likes this.
  10. Laalon2 Active Member

So close, yet so far away
    Jaden and Jadefox2 like this.
  11. Rhoks Active Member

Im pretty excited to play all over again :)
    Jaden likes this.
  12. Kotter Legendary Member

May the (Twenty) Fourth be with You!!!
    Jaden likes this.
  13. Shawson New Member

Is there verification on that release date? I have only seen it, here.
  14. Rhoks Active Member

There was a update stating the release is May 24th
  15. Beneeto Member

From the April producer's letter on their website: "Even more exciting, on May 24, 2022, we will be releasing our newest Time-Locked Expansion server: Varsoon. This will be a very similar experience to our previous TLE, Kaladim, except it will have the Free Trade ruleset. You can expect to see more information soon, including an F.A.Q."

https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-producers-letter-april-2022
    Shawson and Rhoks like this.
  16. Shawson New Member

Thanks. I am 'search impaired.' :)
    Jadefox2 likes this.
  17. Laalon2 Active Member

Will the FAQ be posted here in the General TLE section or somewhere else?
  18. Beneeto Member

Probably on the main website. Forum gets neglected for news nowadays, especially for stuff that doesn't concern Live servers.
  19. Jadefox2 Active Member

FAQ is posted now - News and Announcements Section.
  20. Laalon2 Active Member

Just read over it, and I'M EXCITED!! Lots of pros for me for this, especially the hoods like longshadow alley coming back. Only con to me is 16 weeks of normal "live server" xp in vanilla. That's way too fast imo. /shrug
    Jadefox2 likes this.