Daybreak why did you destroyed this beautifull game !!!!!!??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nutari, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Nutari Member

Yes this is a whine thread or how ever you called it.

I am a player startet in beta with eq2 and i loved it.
    Had many chars to play because it was cool to play with others to fight against heroics like in thunderstep the giants and many others.
    I love the kind of spells and the quantity so many spells to use.
    I love the kind of chars you have like 3 different types of healer etc.

I loved the heritage quests
    I loved the weapon quests
    I loved the heroics to try to get armor sets
    I loved the veteran presents for every year
    I loved the norrath legends or like this game called where you could get cool things

Now:
    This game is downgraded to a game which is only a shadow of himself.
    Some made a youtube channel if eq2 is the worst mmo now and i must say yes.
    This game has nothing important anymore that stands for this game in the past.

Its only making your signature, farming currency like stupid to buy your crates every day
    hopefully to have enough luck to get a usefull part or dont have luck and get 10 ten times or more in row only useless things.....

I absolute dont like to level up mercs
    I absolute dont lik to level up mounts
    I absolute dont lik to level up familiars
    I absolute dont lik to go heroics now because they are a laugh and no challenge, only an instanzes to run through
    to finish weekly or daily.
    I absolute dont lik the skins from this update, most are equal to each other i mean only copied(lazy work).
    I absolute dont lik the small designed maps
    I absolute dont lik not to have cool maps where you can fight against heroics outside with others in the team like
    in the past to farm armor or whatever
    I absolute dont like this overseer because its only a way to hold players in the game because to have a chance to get a day potion to level up mercs, mounts bla bla

This is a an absolute gamebreaking stopper to play more chars and TO HAVE MORE FUN WITH CHARS IN THE GAME AS POSSIBLE

This game is only designed now to try to melk the customer to buy crates or kronos and nothing more.
    In your plan for 2022 you speak about past and the love to eq2.

Sorry, this is no love, this is destructive development to the game.

Where is the really rework for all chars to make buff, spells abilities usefull again ???
    I have several spells, buffs in aa giving me 15% pot.
    Shall i laugh about 15% pot or crit ?

This game is called "EVERQUEST :::::" i repeat EVERQUEST
    Do you know the content of this name ?
    Where are all the Quests to make to have fun ?
    They doesnt exists.

You made this game to a stupid farm game to currency and i loved the game in the past but now i really
    fighting in my mind to deinstall this game because its nothing than stupid farm.....

I am not happy about this, i am sorry about it and yes, i spend a lot of money in the game because its my hobby, its ok and and i didnt thought that my motivation will go down so fast.

Now i would better see a roadmap with content like this:

1. Rework of all classes and AAs to make buffs, abilities useful again
    2. With Point 1 ->Bbalance of classes to make ALL classes useful again
    3. Bring in again Heritagquests and many other or change your Name from Everquest 2 to Farmgame 2
    4. Bring in the Farm to Armor and Weapons sets for heroic instances again
    5. Delete this stupid level for mercenaries, mounts and familiar
    6. Bring in much more loot in heroic instances to get much more different types of mercenaries, mount and familiar.
    There must be a motivation to go in heroics because this game is nearly dead.....
    Persons only go for weekly or a bit daily and nothing more so to find a useful group isnt so easy.

If i would think much more about good and bad thinks i could write much more but these points are the important for me.

For me if this game stays in this status R.I.P forever my beloved Everquest 2
    Its better to stop this game with loveley memories of the past instead this destroyed game in the presence now.....

I will have a look for the next Game Update and if this is absolute the same farming update, i say goodbye forever with sad about this but no reason to stay.

Sometimes memories are not enough to bring in motivation in a game if the changes are so bad and so massive.
    Moxjet75, Smashey, girney and 2 others like this.
  2. Avirodar Well-Known Member

The last 10+ years gives a very clear indication what path this game is on. If you are hoping for meaningful change, waiting for the next game update will only result in disappointment.

EQ2 will keep on the current path, until the day comes where revenue vs expenditure levels do not satisfy the bean counters. When that happens, EQ2 will join other SOE/DBG titles in the gaming afterlife, such as EQ3(next/landmark), Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, The Agency, Free Realms, Vanguard, Bullet Run, Just Survive and Planet Side Arena.

At this point, EQ2 is more akin to a chat room. If you do not enjoy the company, there are far better options out there for a gaming experience.
    Xevran likes this.
  3. Xevran Well-Known Member

EQ2 is definitely not the worst MMO, maybe in value for what you pay but it's definitely not the worst in general. Especially not with the corpse of Rift somehow still shuffling around...

A lot of bad decisions were made over the years with EQ2 and very little can be done about that now. They just don't have the resources to fix the game at this point, and honestly even if they did have those resources they would be better spent on an EQ3.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Nailed it. Tbh this should be the tagline of a splash screen when you log in, or a "click-to-continue" disclaimer. That way at least everyone knows what they're getting.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

If you want EQ2 to not be what it has become, then there's a few things you have to do:

1. Invent time travel.
    2. Go back in time and make sure that the original EverQuest had raid dungeons that were carefully crafted and not half-day-long frustrations that would end up driving one particular player into becoming a lead developer for Blizzard just to prove that they could do better, and thus create World of Warcraft to completely dominate the market and change the MMO landscape forever. Removing this competition would allow EQ2 to thrive and have a much larger budget to keep up advertisements to keep the playerbase active, which in turn will allow the dev team to remain larger so that they can focus on more content, quests, and ease-of-use mechanics.
    3. Clone yourself a few hundred times and teach yourself how to code so you can volunteer your services to become a developer and keep the game running.
    4. Literally change the course of economics so that "Games As A Live Service" model never becomes invented, reducing all MMOs, Mobile Games, Online gaming in general, and just.... Everything in gaming to having marketplaces where players are encouraged to spend more money on cosmetics or pay to win services.
    5. Failing #4, become the CEO of Sony, and order the executives who run Sony Online Entertainment/Daybreak Games to prevent such business models from ever being put into place.

If you can do all that, then EQ2 will continue to be the game you remember it fondly for being all those years back.
    Tedra and Ayodi like this.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

There have been some really big mistakes made with this game--there is no question about that. KA was a disaster. BoL was a disaster. Leveling mounts, mercs, familiars, etc., is freaking waste of time.

There are lots of things about the current EQ2 that I find objectionable. However, if I want the old game, I have a couple of choices. If I was to go F2P I can stick to the old areas and do the quests there. New quests keep getting added if by some miracle you finished all the older ones. I've been playing since slightly after launch and I haven't begun to do all the quests available up to lvl 100.

The second option is to go to a members-only server that doesn't have all the bells and whistles (or irritants) of current live servers. A third option is to simply ignore using a merc, familiar, or mount. You could also simply not level them if you prefer the "old way" of doing things. It will make fighting harder but not impossible.

There are lots of ways to play to suit your preferences. Just because a feature is available doesn't mean you have to make use of it.

And if you enjoy the old game, as much as you say, then roll new characters and level them up the way you want to play. You won't need the overseer quests, the stats will be understandable, you won't have to worry about rebuilding stats with each xpac (up to lvl 100) and there are a host of other things you can ignore or use as you see fit.

Learning to play a class well takes a lot of time and effort so there are many of hours of play needed just to learn one class and outfit it well. Add a tradeskill and you have months of play.

You can also have more than one account. I have 3 subbed and 4 F2P. I generally play 3 accounts to form a complete group with their mercs. Learning to play multiple accounts, simultaneously, is another skill that takes a bit of time and effort.

So there are lots of ways to tailor the game to the way you want to play, in the older areas you like, without ever having to leave live servers. But you can also go to a TLE server if that suits better. This game offers players so many options. You just have to take advantage of them.
    xevo, Tedra and Miauler like this.
  7. Nutari Member

Sorry Almee but i know there is no way to let it be like in the past.
    Your suggestions are useless sorry.

This game is gone and now its a farming game nothing more.
    I can accept it or let it be.

Its no solution to make a char again and level up alone, try to get a feeling of the past sorry no.
    This game cant give a feeling of the past because mechanics changed, players left on mass.

I have several accounts who are between 7204 and 7430 resolve so its enough and no need to make this boring things again.
    So no, there is way i want to play this game like it was in the past because to many things changed.

I dont need to waste my time and do things the 10th time again to get an old feeling.

As mentioned here from others, this game is made for f2p and to earn money and to melk customers if possible.
    It feels like in other games where only money count and no quality or less of it.

Many developer left eq2 for many reasons and now its too less who are working on it.

I you wanna ignore mercenary, mount and familiar good luck, you dont meet the requirement for instances.

No need to discuss this.
    Yes, its a whine fred because i was sad to see eq2 in this state and i dont make many things again i did in the past.
    In the past it was funny and a motivation to make a new char suitable for heroics and others.
    Now it feels only like a work.

If you have fun good luck, i am not sure, i cant decide at the moment but i will see if i can get any motivation from next gu.
    If not buy byebye forever because i know what eq2 is and there will be no change like some mentioned here.

Only for info, i have round about 12 chars, and most several are 125, some are stopped at 100 and less are lower, so i played a lot but before i started again last year in october i had a break from several years because server population died years ago and to find players for instances was not impossible but nearly and i dont like to play solo in a mmo.

I made many quests, did many tradesignature , get an own clan and had a bit of fun to with the guildhouse with furnitures and others but this isnt a motivation for long, only to fill some lonely times.
  8. Wildlord New Member

I've been playing since around beta, too. I have a "lifetime" account and still don't log in, anymore. It's such a disappointment I don't even bother to log in and claim the monthly DB cash.
    Mermut likes this.
  9. Araina Arrowney Araina Arrowney

I agree with a lot of what you had to say.

I don't agree about the mount, mercenary, and familiar levels. I'm not, like, a huge fan, but overall, they're fine with me. Except, two major things to address.

1) The six bottom barding slots on mounts start out locked and should actually be, you know, unlockable.
    2) Familiars can level up, so there should be a way you can, I dunno, level them up maybe?

Also, question here... people are always going on about kronos. Why? I mean, I understand they grant a month of All Access... er, access, but other than that intended use, and I guess for use as an alternate form of currency, why exactly do people want them so bad? Am I missing something? That is, are they actually good for something other than the reasons I've listed, or do people want them simply for the obvious reason (they sell for lots of platinum)?
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

There are mechanisms for both of these.

The Barding slots at the bottom are easily unlockable from the OS quests. I literally have stacks of those things rotting in the bank. Enough to unlock slots on mounts for my enitre guild if they were tradeable.

Familiars can also level up from potions obtained from the OS quests. Or from absorbing other familiars from the daily Familiar quest, or other sources. There are also a few other potions from expansions or the Panda to help with this.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yes, familiars can be levelled up from pots from OS quests. That will be a long haul. The problem with "daily" Familiar quests is that while the species you look for haven't changed much (reptiles, etc.) the rewards you get really suck. It's a system that works well if you're in early xpacs of the game hunting familiars, not so much in late xpacs. You spend 90% of your time not taking the offered species to hunt because it doesn't exist in the current xpac. The amount that treasured familiar gives you, regardless of xpac, is still 100 points. When you're looking at a fabled/celestial familiar with millions of points needed, guess what, Buckwheat? It's not going to happen. That might have been cool 8-10 years ago, in today's xpac, it virtually impossible to level a celestial using Familiar Wild dailies as a means to an end. While the entire system was a great idea, it just hasn't kept up with the game's constant upgrading of stats across the board. So, while it's a solution, it's become more of a hindrance than a aid to leveling familiars.
    AOE1 and Breanna like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The devs are working to add VoV creatures to the categories needed for Familiars Wild. But honestly, you can do them anywhere, just strip off all your gear and aggro them with something that doesn't do damage. I personally either root them, or use a tinkered Trollsnot Flinger.

Yes, yes, it's much more convenient to get the things aggro so you can run through, gather up a bunch, and then trap them one by one. But it's not that big a deal to grab low level mobs, either.
  13. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I don't like the eq games either after about 90 level. The answer for me has been to play the TLE servers and the pvp server.

I too wish they would broaden the loot tables and bring back different stats for different abilities.

The time they deleted sub 20 eq1 characters(paying accounts) and the times they dumped EQ2 TLE & pvp servers onto live servers they LOST a lot of players trust and paying accounts.
  14. Ayodi Active Member

There are multiple Trollsnot Flingers that run on different timers, for your Familiars Wild pleasure :)
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

"Some made a youtube channel if eq2 is the worst mmo now and i must say yes."
    That's not what he said at all.
    Sturmlocke, Maviarab, Tedra and 8 others like this.
  16. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I think most people just read the headline these days.
    Tedra, Miauler, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  17. Almost Member

Tom, I'd appreciate it if you'd spend less time posting on the forums, and more time working on EQ3. Thanks.

;):D:p

OP, yeah I feel you. I was in game on launch within minutes of the game going live. Was the first Predator on my server, blah blah blah. I too miss the old focus on quality content vs. phone game gimmicks ported to PC. The game, like 90% of others out there, is designed to be a bunch of chores; a huge todo list of awful soul killing mindless tasks. Daily/weekly tasks are the antithesis of good game design, and have no place in MMORPG's IMO. Devs have taken a wonderful hobby, and turned it into a job.

I will always love Norrath, but I would honestly rather see EQ & EQ2 just go away, rather than continue down this road. I hope for an EQ3, but I am absolutely fearful about what we might get if it is ever produced.
    Turkish and Breanna like this.
  18. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, he said EQ2 was a good game, but sucks to be us because we came out right before WoW. Which I find to be totally valid.

Honestly though, if we want a better representation in these gaming influencer videos, there needs to be a better new player experience for them to jump into. It sounds silly, but these videos matter. I mean, one of the things brought up in the video was itemization that didn't make sense. And he was still on the boat.
  19. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

It doesn't matter if they add them to VoV, thats not fixing the problem that the rewards still suck!..they should stop wasting time trying to add stuff and shore up what they already have like adjusting the rules for familiars to reward more depending on player level.
    I cant even begin to tell you how many Glorious Chickens I have fed to my familiar.. for what? It'll be like 50 years before the current familiar is maxed out on chickens, next year they new expansion will bring another familiar to level up so it starts all over again.
    So much wasted time from talented people adding stuff instead of fixing the problems, it just blows my mind.
    AOE1 likes this.
  20. Almee Well-Known Member

I can't believe a player is complaining about a dev commenting on posts. For years we have complained that they ignored our posts. I got corrected by Tom, for one of my posts, and I was thrilled a dev had read my post even if it turns out I was totally wrong.

As for wishing EQ and EQ2 would go away--just delete the game(s) if they bother you that much but many of us still love this game, warts and all. I really will be sorry if you don't play anymore, but there is little point in doing something you really don't enjoy unless it allows you to do something you do enjoy a whole lot.

That's how I see the mundane, daily tasks. They are a means to an end. And in return for a little tedium, I can get things like potions to level up things, armor I'd never get through adventuring, and lots of other neat things that I can use such as Potions of Progress or rares that would take a long time to harvest.

But I understand your reluctance to grind away at things. It took me awhile to realize the daily tasks weren't drudgery--it was just my perception of them because they didn't provide a lot in useful rewards there for awhile--and some still don't but that should soon change.

Realistically, though, these games are just a matter of targeting a mob and killing it. There aren't a lot of ways to make that novel or exciting once it has been done thousands of times. It is like eating the same thing for dinner year after year--some people can do it and some can't. Adding spices may help make it more palatable but it is still the same dinner just as EQ2 will remain a target-and-kill game no matter how much the devs try to spice it up.
    Maviarab likes this.