Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

That is a big milestone! My provisioner can bake you a cake :) If Denmum would add watches to the jeweler stuff I'll make you a watch too :)
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

nah Breanna, ttobey earns more than just a plain old watch, I think Darkpaw has their programmers work on a special just for ttobey watch.
    This watch squirts cucumber juice into your eye, irons your underwear and socks, polishes your toenails :eek: (yikes those toenails are scarry), makes your anchovies, strawberry jam and pickles sandwich and folds your dirty laundry.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Oh, that's naaasty.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL Nice!!!!
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It had better still be...the day when that area gets DROUGHT conditions on a regular basis, I'll definitely worry. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

One place I lived, drought for 7 years, then flash floods.

We moved, my dad was transferred, to a location where it rained every afternoon for a few minutes. Didn't rain for 2 weeks, they called it a drought. I don't think so.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh. ;->

2021... :-/

Uwk
    who really only cares about it in-game if they insist on that blasted silly Specular Lighting ("So you can see every. Single. Raindrop!!1!1!!! :D") X-P
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I saw in Qeynos a day or so ago what looked like a Monsoon Rain ! But no rain in Antonica. The walls of Qeynos work very well.
  9. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

My Vah Shir toons still run funny. It's sortof embarassing. Well there ever be a fix for this?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

They have the same run as all the other players.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

12. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

oooh behind the scenes post!
  13. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Anyone know how I can make a little video of my vah shir running to show what I mean?

PS> both my vah shir are female (in case that makes a diff); and its the view from behind when I'm zoomed out that most makes me wince. Elbows everywhere! (The side view is fine, but I don't usually see that, do I)
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Twyla and Breanna like this.
  15. Pharone Active Member

After watching the video from behind that Ttobey linked, I really don't see what is wrong with it. You said "elbows everywhere", but honestly it didn't look like her elbows were flailing at all.

Speaking of character animations, ttobey if you ever had the time (I know... you never will lol, but if...), it would be really cool to see you animate a few of the player characters with the old original EQ1 character animations. I'd love to see an EQ2 ogre bouncing and scratching his butt like the old original EQ1 ogres lol. I'm not talking about in game, but just a side thing like you showed up there with the running video.

I'm currently teaching myself how to create and animate character models using Blender and watching lots of youtube videos. I'd love to see some of your side work and get tips.
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I actually did something like that but backwards. I wanted to see how the old eq1 models looked in Unreal, so I took barbarian male and female and animated a set on them. The male looked pretty good, the female not so much. Her mesh is just to janky.
    Breanna and Pharone like this.
  17. Pharone Active Member

Cool. I think a couple of the most iconic character models from original EQ are the Troll and Ogre. They were drastically changed when the Shadows of Luclin expansion was released.

I've always preferred the original character models in EQ1 over the ones that were put in for Shadows of Luclin. Some people see them as outdated, but to me it was an artistic style that I found really cool.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I've told this before, right after PoP we wanted to redo them again to get the feel of the original models into newer models.
    We did a lot of work but it wound up not getting finished.
    The troll model we worked on is in this video.
    https://vimeo.com/395984973
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  19. Pharone Active Member

That's too bad. That's a cool looking troll.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Well you're right - there's nothing wrong with how the model looks and runs. But somehow that's not how my Vah Shir runs. It's almost as tho she's reverted to how they were before the fix.
    Rosyposy likes this.