VoV and Mages

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Beee, Dec 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

you also lost soulburn, which was a huge factor. if you had soulburn remaining as 20% of your parse like last expansion (give or take 5%), you'd be doing closer to half dps, with way less stats. a sorcerer (wizard, tbh, warlocks suck rn) with full buffs and equal stats is probably 40% behind a beastlord, 25% behind a ranger.
  2. vexen Member

Yeah I hate the mechanic its ridiculous.
  3. Magdaddy Active Member

I will not get into specifics out of respect, but those parses are not an accurate judge, at all. I know the specifics of our raids and you don't, yet here you are again. Thand gets fat kid grouped (sometimes even tank grouped with Defiler/Templar/Monk/Dirge/Coercer) or gets whatever is left over because of the state of mages. Our top scouts get buffed to the gills. You can't compare parses of people that have every buff in the world versus people that get scraps. Additionally, you are talking about the best scout in the world (arguably) and, no disrespect to Thand, but he is not the #1 mage worldwide.

I don't know how many times I need to say it, but if mages are doing 30% of equally geared scouts, there is more at play than poor class balancing. It's nowhere in the ballpark of 30%. Thand is at 30% while being 31k potency behind said arguably best scout. How you guys can possibly think it's anywhere near 30% is beyond me and makes it absolutely impossible to take what you have to say seriously. Average scout vs average mage, the mage should be around 70% assuming equal conditions, MAYBE about 65%. Scouts have far more gear on average, if I had to take an educated guess, because the H2s were semi-gated behind scout dps while mages had to be carried early on. There are so many factors involved that nobody looks at before spewing ignorant opinions.
  4. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

We as players can't realistically get an accurate comparison of how classes are currently, truly balanced due to the impossible number of variables at play. The only thing i can say for certain is that mage abilities were increased by a 1.35 multiplier in Beta/with the expansion, and Scout abilities were increased by a 2.07 multiplier. From this number alone, Sorcerers should parse, with equal stats, etc, 35% behind (1.35/2.07 = .65) a comparable ranger/beastlord. Obviously Primals scale differently than most other CA's, so that number for beastlords is higher. Summoners are hurting more because of the loss to soulburn, and Conjuror is worse than Necro at the moment due to Boil Blood being so much more than any Conj ability.

Arguing the semantics of how bad mages are is pointless. We all know they need a buff. Let the devs buff them (if they ever actually do), and we can see where they stand then.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Parses from our guild look similar, Conj doing around a third of our top scout. However, there is a large stat discrepancy, and Belton also gets the fat kid group. It's unfortunate, but there's no chance he gets a perfect group and 680k potency right now, because his class isn't good enough to justify that effort. That is to say there is no real data right now, so Mag isn't entirely wrong here. He's just hostile, he's like Garfield and hates Mondays.

Oh, and Belton probably is the best conj left right now. (mostly because all the rest main swapped kekW)
  6. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Sad times for the Summoner world. XD
  7. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Mages need help - I think that is clear to all - the next update is supposed to have fixes for mages.

PLEASE BUFF MAGES.
  8. Magdaddy Active Member

Except instead of Mondays I hate people that pass off uneducated opinions as fact. Unfortunately for me, this community runs rife with people that love to do exactly that.
  9. vexen Member

blah blah blah mind still blown about how math works
  10. Magdaddy Active Member

31 divided by 50 = 4.5%

Thanks for the laughs today. I appreciate you.
  11. vexen Member

Not what i said but thanks for playing
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

I do not understand all these arguments, these demonstrations of contempt by some and of condescension. the goal of all this is to have a class that makes sense to do dps, more appreciated by all and no longer shunned.
    I do not raid i just do heroics, i just feel sad to see, ' sry you r mage kind we prefer a scout' even if he has mayb 20 k less pot than you, at least scout is a safe bet"
    We just want a gesture from them, in order to rebalance the classes, in order above all to repair the harm done to the mages in the minds of many since the beginning of vov.
  13. DENSER Well-Known Member

And even more, if they had anticipated, shown listening, we would simply not be there. To quarrel with clever calculation between us
  14. Magdaddy Active Member

The contempt comes from being tired of hearing people exaggerate how bad it is based on the anecdotal evidence of casual players. No problem can ever be fixed properly if people exaggerate to ridiculous levels and make it impossible for the balancing team to understand the current state of the game.
  15. vexen Member

Everything is fine
    Don't believe your eyes or your parser
    You're all just casuals
  16. Magdaddy Active Member

Fixed that for you. I am sure people here would be more than happy to help you out if your anonymity wasn't more important to you than improving.
  17. DENSER Well-Known Member

Yes, you bring up an important topic. A problem that we should know how to manage even before the game designer.
    There is something weird though, isn't there?
  18. vexen Member

I thought you didn't care what I thought ? Now you want my intimate details. Can I get some dinner and a movie first?
  19. Magdaddy Active Member

I don't care what you think and I don't take anybody seriously that runs their mouth while hiding behind anonymity because they don't want people to point out all the things they're doing wrong when they complain about not being able to do something.

I am just telling you that people could show you how to play the game and do more than 30% of your scouts. Or you can just continue to anonymously run your mouth. That works too. Bless your heart.
  20. Magdaddy Active Member

I'm not sure what this is trying to say. Try saying it a different way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.