nerf heroic nameds auto atk damage

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Xavion, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

can we please nerf the auto atk on heroic t1 n t2 mobs the amount of random one shots from auto atk is kinda ridiculous especially when its nothing to do with the fight mechnics nor anything in regards to mortal coil or any buffs on them.

vorgian mistmoore (does this even while hes koed durin the blood boil thingy)
    lysnder mistmoores gargoyle adds in t2
    the twin dragons in t2 caverns
    end boss trio in t1 deraka decent

just a few that are randomly one shotting for insane auto atk damage for no reason and need a nerfing
    Bludd, Obano, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't understand how all heroics boil down to basic attacks doing 2.9 billion damage when the tank is expected to have maybe 2.7 with raid gear. I'm a monk and I notice during combat that my HP is constantly going from full, to zero, to full only thanks to healing wards and death prevents that the healers are casting on me. There is literally no in-between. you're either at full health or you're dead from one second to the next.
    Obano and Hartay like this.
  3. Lemilla Active Member

You're actually seeing your health bar move? Mine stays full all the time, just with ACT sometimes yelling at me a death prevent triggered.
    Or in case of those twin dragons when an add is up, ACT first saying two death prevents triggered, followed by it saying I'm actually dead half a second later.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Cycle your defensive temporaries, don't overlap stuff. You need to defend yourself as efficiently as possible between ready-ups. Get the hang of it and tanking in heroic 2 is easy.. Really easy.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I know this is how things are. I need to tweak my AA profile so give myself Brawlers Tenacity and maybe Boneshattering, but I try to use my defensive abilities as efficiently as possible.

The real question everyone should be asking is: How did this become the state of things? There's just no in-between anymore. it's use whatever you have to prevent getting one-shotted just because the enemy swatted at a fly.
    Aethos likes this.
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

I heard about these one shots from others but so far, I have not come across them even with single healer in H2 zones.

As mentioned above, I always have some sort of DR running as habit even if the script is not calling for it since you are never out of a DR due to Ready Up.
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Honestly, this is one of the features of VoV I've actually liked and agreed with. That is, that a tank has to be a tank now. Tanks, even monk and SK, don't really do earth-shattering dps any more. Useful? Yeah sure. But not like BoL/RoS when my monk could quite conceivably be top of the parse in heroics by 25-50% depending on group composition. But knowing your onions defense-wise feels more important in VoV than in any xpac since CD, where raid mobs had death touches attached to barrage etc etc. And I think for many people there's a learning curve they can no longer get away from. Everyone who plays a tank and is struggling with this really should have a look at their AAs. Look at their class leaders profiles, ask for help on here and on Discord, as well as from players on their server.

Btw, a monk not having brawler's tenacity is a massive self-nerf. I appreciate it's nice to imagine there are many right ways to spec, lots of options you can choose, but this is EQ2, and sadly that just isn't the case.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

This would hold true if it actually applied to all tank classes evenly. It does not. All tank classes are maximising pretty much the same stat, may be crusaders don't worry about too much about flurry and most likely go with ADC instead. Tanking boils down to: do enough dps to hold aggro, rely on temps/healer for scripted (or unscripted) auto attack damage to survive. Interrupt spells, manage memwipes, cast synergy and of course click the DEV win button "Bulwark".

Lower dps tanks, i.e. guard suffer badly and the reason is simple, you have to let go off your defensive capabilities - that is mainly gear and to an extent, AAs - to be able to do sufficient dps to hold aggro in a raid. Sure, aggro becomes better but your much vaunted capability as the most defensive tank takes a hit. Can you function as a guard like this? Yes, do I enjoy playing like this? No. It is antithetical to the way how a guardian once was and that boils my blood.

If they really must persist with this mindset then the least they could do is to dissociate (or make it lesser of an effect) all tank classes aggro ability from their dps so as a tank you can go as defensive as you like without having to worry about aggro. As it stands, it is just like last year...
    Aethos likes this.
  10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I admit I had literally forgotten about guardians. I do totally agree regarding taunts. The other thing I've found in VoV is hate scrolls / hate gain adorns are essential if your dps is any good and happens to not be an assassin.
    Aethos likes this.
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

My issue has *always* been that I don't know what the monk meta is. I never see anyone discussing how the class should be played with each new expansion. I've been playing since the game started, and my current AA build is what was recommended for RoS. Never once have I ever *needed* to have a death save, because I was never in a main raid tank position to need one. From my perspective it seems like it's only becoming a necessity for survival only now in VoV, where the heroic trash can one-shot you.

I'm all open for suggestions, if anyone wants to take a look at my AA profile and make some suggestions on what I can take away and add. I've been suggested Brawler Tenacity for defense and Bone Shattering Combination for some added DPS-- again, two things that were not suggested for RoS. *shrug*
  12. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I've had a look. It's easier to link my profile.

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/3010789699764

There's one bit I haven't fine tuned in the heroic tree. I'll get round to it at some point. The rest of it I'm personally happy with. Whether you would make use of all the stuff I've gone for is another matter. But it may be a good starting point.
    Aethos likes this.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Boneshattering was, no holds barred, the best ability in the game in RoS. Not sure who told you not to take it.
    Aethos likes this.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yes, but it sucked that it double-incremented.
  15. Obano Well-Known Member

The only one of these that is really ridiculous is Vorigan Mistmoore. Basically his auto attack increases with each stack he gets.So if you push him up to 30 stacks he is going to auto-attack for 8 Billion every swing.

It seems they buffed him up even more because he wasn't always this hard. Basically have to drag the fight out for 15 minutes to avoid getting one shot.
    Xavion and Bludd like this.
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah vorigan is too much
  17. Xavion Well-Known Member

posted a bug report on his auto atk needing nerf please go like it so we can get this nerfed abit its way out of scale