Jan 11, 2022 patch - expected tradeskill highlights

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Denmum, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Jinksie Well-Known Member

I am SOOOO very glad I am not the only one that does this... sometimes I just power through and keep hitting the craft again button. LOL I too am glad to have a few extras when I do this.
    Xillean, Breanna, Cisteros and 2 others like this.
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

Ye, by 2 times, after doing the daylies tinker, adorn and transmut which does not push you to do the craft to the end, I just did the same with the FG dayli... I was like.... Doooh why why ;)
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i don't want them to go back to temporary. I want them to count towards any future quests I pick up. I would rather spend one single day harvesting a week than harvesting every day for a few minutes. Honestly, I have come to find harvesting to be the most obnoxious and tedious task to do for something I minimally care for. Getting house items every day is getting old. I would also like it if instead of the house item, we got a house item and a tradeskill item. I'm still short several books on many toons, but i have gotten enough chess pieces to make a board with some left over.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Denmum Developer

That has already been vetoed by the team. Just like the adventuring dailies and weeklies, you are meant to invest the time while on that specific mission, not do a bunch of prep work in advance.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I was short of roots to do both the daily and the weekly today. I had to buy an illusion and exit to harvest more roots before completing the weekly.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

super disappointing.
  7. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Yay! Thank you so much!
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

same thing happened to me, just roots short, but honestly I don't remember if I maybe dragged some out of bags before today, will check on another fresh weekly/daily combo
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

I just completed the VoV sig line on one of my characters. Age and illness have made it really hard to do anything that involves hand-and-eye coordination so I didn't expect to complete the line. I was thrilled when I actually did it and can't wait to do it on my other characters.

I loved the sig line up to the making the forge. I think I died 5 or 6 times before I was finally able to complete it but I doubt it will faze younger players. And now that I know the Potion of Innovation does work, just not like before, that will help.

But as for the dailies and weekly quests, I'm adrift. If someone knows a good reference on how to do them I'd sure appreciate it if someone would share it with me.

So congratulations, Denmum, on an awesome sig line.
    Rosyposy, Doobius40504 and Geroblue like this.
  10. Kethryl Active Member

The daily and weekly quests run just like one of the last steps in the signature line. You pick up the quest from inside Renfry's basement, you go back into Forlorn Gist, you turn on your werewolf illusion, you harvest sparkly things, and then you go back into Renfry's basement to craft and turn in the quest. Best part? No exploding when you craft.
    Almee, Doobius40504 and Chikkin like this.
  11. Keshet New Member

I actually love the changes VoV made to crafting, I feel like it's a bit of a departure from the last few expacs in a good way.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you, Kethryl. Hopefully the daily one isn't as bad as when I had to collect the whole set. That was hard on the eyes. I can't wait until the pandemic is over so I can get glasses.
  13. Kethryl Active Member

The daily only requires you get a small amount of 3 different items (the one I just did was wooden scraps, twisted metal, and piles of dirt). It generally only takes a couple of minutes, especially as you begin to remember the spawn locations for each type of item.

The weekly is the same type of thing, however it requires gathering a LOT of ALL the items, much like the questline did, however the weekly also guarantees a recipe book, which otherwise you're kind of at the whim of the random loot generator to receive. While not "fun", the weekly is the best way to get your recipe books. The good news, there's only 5 recipe books (and only 1, if you're a provisioner), so you only have to do it a few times.

Best of luck, and stay safe!
    Almee likes this.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

Kethryl, do you happen to know of an alternate way to get from lvl 100 to 120 without doing the quests? I'd rather have a root canal than do the PoM TS timeline unless we can get to 110 with just the first instance now. Of course I guess I can just walk through it, come to think of it, since my characters are 120. I haven't finished the BoL TS timeline on even one character so far though I do have two characters that are 117+.
  15. Houjaamo Member

There is a discussion in the thread Where do I buy the recipes?

I have done most of my Tradeskill 100+ leveling with Rush Writs. Recently, the experience gain went way up for levels 101 - 119. I used to get about 4% of each level per writ. Now it is in the neighborhood of 18% - 20%. I don't know if that is the same for level 100 as I have not needed to do one since the change. You will need the following essential recipe books.

Level 100 - Level 100 Writ - Deepforge <Tradeskill> Essentials (level 100)
    Level 101-110 - Level 110 Writ - <Tradeskill> Essentials Volume 101 (level 101)
    Level 111-120 - Level 120 Writ - <Tradeskill> Primer Volume 11 (level 111)

The level 101 and 111 recipes are used for the entire tier so you only need the one book for each tier. Fortunately, as of 1/11/2022, the essential recipes are available without having to complete a quest.

I do not know how fast Rush Writs will level you starting at level 120 since I discovered I could go from 120 to 125 in the first 4 or 5 quests of the Vetrovia Crafting Signature Timeline.
    Denmum and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

As far as I know the PoM timeline or the Writs from PoM are the only way from 100-110. Once you get to 110 you can jump to the CD or BoL timeline I believe, or continue to writ your way up. It's slower and more monotonous, and you lose out on some real nice rewards, but if you really hate the PoM timeline, writs are the way.
  17. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

I love the PoM timeline! I wish there were more like it...
    Indigo and Twyla like this.
  18. Kethryl Active Member

I believe it's absolutely possible with writs, as the level 100 writs do give you a decent chunk of XP, however it will take a lot of writs to do it. When I last tested, I think it took like 12-15 writs per level, which isn't horrible, but is definitely a grind, if you're talking 20 levels.

I've done the PoM questline a few times now, and it seems to get faster every time. You can use Potion of Progress/Potion of Innovation on those as well, to make the "long" crafting items go a lot quicker. And you can get from 100 to 120 in 3-4 quests. I've been finishing up the questline, because the end rewards are nice.
  19. Bramdar Active Member

I generally like the PoM timeline too, except for how long all of the combines take. The occasional long one is fine, but every one of them?

Still though, I'm with Kethryl that it gets faster every time. I just leveled up 3 more crafters across 2 accounts, and each one went from level 100 to at least level 116 just doing the first quest in the Plane of Innovation. It required some judicious use of exp potions and then the hammer of adept hands, but the third character went from 100 to 119 just doing that one quest.
    Xillean and Kethryl like this.
  20. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I passionately hate the PoM tradeskill questline, however, I have done it on 3% of my toons for the bag. I just took a toon yesterday from 110 to 120 on the first quest only.
    Houjaamo likes this.