Jan 11, 2022 patch - expected tradeskill highlights

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Denmum, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Denmum Developer

The extra is so you have enough to also cover any of the 4 possible dailies that you might have picked up at the same time, because players were having a hard time with math.

As mentioned in the sticky thread that talks about VoV missions, it was decided that it was better to let the players manually nuke the resources than the weekly nuking them and risking messing up someone's daily that was also in progress at the time. There's no one good solution, and everyone has their own idea of how to fix this, so I'm sure players will go round, and round, and round on this one many more times. :p
    Jinksie, Xillean, Hartay and 3 others like this.
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Also pointless - I'm sorry. I just don't leave harvests in my bags after they're done. Since they won't count towards the required gathered items needed, I delete them as soon as the quest is done. There's no point to maintaining a stack if they're not going to be useful.

@Denmum: In my opinion, the best solution for a fix would be a retroactive quest sweep of inventory, so that whatever is in the bags is dinged off when the quest is accepted, similar to how the quests are dinged off during the tradeskill timeline when you already have the rares in your inventory. But this is just my two cents.
    Chikkin and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I keep all my harvests, gathering, etc. because I never know when I'll need them.

I'm a bit confused as to why anyone would delete them.
    Jinksie and Breanna like this.
  4. DENSER Well-Known Member

Because daylies/weeklies only valid if u harvest, it dosn't matter how many u have before u take those quests, u ll still need to harvest.
    So if u done with those, u don't need those anymore

Oh you seems to be level 31, WE re talking about the quests in vov who need you to harvest spécial nodes to valid a quest. ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I am thankful that the special harvests no longer autodelete when we log off or crash because "life" happens and sometimes I like to spread the weekly out and not harvest all the lovelies at once. I am also glad that they will stack to 800 because -- well - I can wait longer to delete the excess. I am happy we have the excess because sometimes I am not totally focused or I get distracted and I accidentally waste time by doing something silly like crafting 3 werewolf masks instead of 2. Having extras means I don't have to get a potion and go harvest more stuff.

Denmum, thanks for all you are doing!
    Jinksie, Breanna and Daryx like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

These are special harvests for the quests in Forlorn Gist. You can't use them for anything except the weekly and daily tradeskill missions there.
    Yenk, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I take enjoyment in not having to delete the materials EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Allow me the "burden" of letting my stacks build up to 800 after a few months of harvesting and then I'll delete it.
    Jinksie and Breanna like this.
  8. Netherfury Member

random request - any chance the luclin daily items can be added to the daily reward? the research/merc/mount and familiar reductions?
    Mercychalice likes this.
  9. DENSER Well-Known Member

Well can't erase my post, got my answer.
    thank you again denmum for your involvement and your patience.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I do have characters above adv/craft level 31. But I don't have vov.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

I'll agree to disagree. SInce I do not EVER do the weekly in one session, I leave the extras in my bad. If they went back to the original way (being temporary) I would simmply never cmplete a weekly, so I like the change and can deal with the estras in the bag.

If they changed their mind and let them count for the next one, I woulfdn't complain, but I also don't expect it. They want you to spend a certain amount of time gathering for each quest iteration and I'm fine with that.
  12. Miragian Well-Known Member

As someone that accidently let them build up for a while before deleting them the 800 stack would have saved me from some complications that arose from that.

Its already been stated that it won't be changed to count what's in your bag already so the 800 stack is just a QoL for those that don't want to have to keep deleting them ever week. I think its a good change if only so the stuff is consistent with all the other harvested items even if they are quest specific.
  13. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The reason I keep the harvests is because they double count on the weekly and daily. Thus you can be short a few items if you don't have extras in your bags. I know this this from harsh experience and having to spend a plat to go back out to get whatever I am short of :(
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

not to sound like a broken ungrateful record, but...

if travel baubles to RoS destinations for example can be Lore (20) meaning you cannot physically get more than 20 in your bags.... WHY can't they implement that mechanic into Forlorn harvests? just limit it to let's say 100, and do not let us pick up more. AT THE SAME TIME allow weekly to recognise we already have 30 or whatever left over from previous day and APPLY it to current quest requirement

if 100 is too much, because god forbid we harvest ahead and pick up quest and have all harvests in bags already (like they magically appeared there? we had to pick them up after all, spending extra time) - then limit them to no more than 1 weekly and 1 daily worth?
  15. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the only way you can be short of the harvest is if you fail to actually make the items to pristine, you then only make a slug or whatever and have to do the combine again to count for quest. And if you fail to the point you are short ( why would you?) pay and harvest more, it's not different than in any other combine
  16. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Because these are special items (not really harvests) we are talking about and they do not count towards anything else but the quest you have in your journal right now. Not for anything in the future. You are stuck with leftovers and have to harvest all over anyway when you get new quest.
    Change to stack of 800 just leads to multiple stacks of 800 filling up your bags until you delete them. 800 just makes it necessary to delete them less often
  17. Chikkin Well-Known Member

on a happy note nice couple changes coming, including zone art changes, cute fluff art makes the game fun
    Jinksie likes this.
  18. Mineeme Member

How about adding a way for the player to mass destroy all extras on purpose? Maybe ask Renfry to destroy them for us. Or something initiated by the player, so it's not accidental, or automatic, but easier than manually finding and destroying 9 stacks.
    Geroblue likes this.
  19. DENSER Well-Known Member

About those stack of harvest i don't see now any issue. The team has listened to us and the changes are good and thoughtful. It's easy to destroy them if u don't need . It will not take hours.
    There's other more important topics that deserve their attention in the game atm that loosing time to do that, in my opinion.
    I'm not saying the idea is silly, far from it.
    Jinksie and Geroblue like this.
  20. Denmum Developer

As explained before, this is neither intended nor desired by the dev team and really isn't open to further debate.
    Breanna, Doobius40504 and Jinksie like this.