Mass Transmute Ability

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mucusmuncher, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Mucusmuncher New Member

This would be awesome to get something along these lines.

Like do some fancy sig line to get a special bag and click a button and everything inside THAT bag gets fragged.

We can all have our little dreams =)
    Beee and Conifur like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

reason we arent getting this is that it will create a CS nightmare with people mass transmuting the wrong stuff all the time
    AOE1 and Sigrdrifa like this.
  3. Caith Developer

This is exactly the case.
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

Tell them no. "By clicking this mass transmutation button, you understand everything in this bag will be transmuted. If you are stupid enough to click this without verifying - you are SOL and we will have our NPC's in bars and taverns all over Norrath talk trash about you. Don't ask, we will ignore you. Do you really want to transmute everything in this bag? We warned you."
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  5. Katzandra Well-Known Member

May you always be so blessed as to never do a mindless thing or have the cat walk across the keyboard while you are clicking something! And thanks be to Brell and all the deities of Norrath that the developers know that many of us are not as fortunate as you!
    Geroblue, Sigrdrifa and AOE1 like this.
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Brilliant response. I love it.
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Conifur Well-Known Member

I have 4 cats, and none of them walk across my keyboard - ever. Now - across my head while I sleep - all the time - but never across my keyboard - I even have a chair right next to me so one of them can watch me play. I never said I never did stupid stuff - except the consequence and move on. You are not required to use mass transmute - no one will force you. But why punish everyone? I understand personal responsibility - if that is considered being fortunate - then I am sure glad I am.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

It still takes time away from helping deal with other issues for CSR/GMs to respond to inane petitions even if it is just copy/pasting that response.
  9. RubyHOF Member

It'd need to be something similar to the one in WoW. IE, an object you go to and when you open it has slots to place a bunch of gear. then you can alt-click stuff into there fast and hit a button.
    Conifur likes this.
  10. Katzandra Well-Known Member

My 7 month old Toby is available to give them lessons via video conference.
    AOE1, Chikkin, Geroblue and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On rare occasion I manage to SINGLE transmute something I shouldn't. Yeah, I'd love an automated way to crush a bunch of stuff, but it's not worth doing because of the support ticket nightmare that would ensue.
    Chath likes this.
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

If that the case, what can be done to make the transmute process better please? Right now transmuting each item really feel horrible.

I have one idea not sure if it will work but here it goes,

Remove the transmute skill and have the transmute items drops. Every times you get a loot box, you get an item and it's equivalent transmute item.

Now the issue is people can sell the item for fre plat but 4 or 5 plat is not huge issues when krono are slign for 60 million.
    Geroblue and Conifur like this.
  13. Conifur Well-Known Member

If it's not Clash of Clans - EQ2 - or bird videos - he won't participate :)
    Katzandra likes this.
  14. Katzandra Well-Known Member

For transmuting, if I have a lot to do, I pull the transmuting icon to one of the hot bars that has a convenient hotkey -- like 1. This helps a lot. If one really doesn't want to transmute, you can go sell the stuff to a vendor and its faster.

The items that annoy me are the ones that have to be destroyed. Selling them to a vendor for zero copper would be less annoying. Having a "recycle bin" similar to windows would be nice if the vendors adamantly refuse to discard our junk. We could drag them to the recycle bin, look them over and "delete all" ever so often.
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

It would be cool if you could queue up the items you want to transmute, like holding down the shift key to transmute multiple items at once before clicking for the confirmation.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

I posted a wish for destroying everything in a bag at once some time ago. Would be very usefull fot getting rid off a lot of unused old stuff.

But i understand the problem of deleting a mass of items at the same time
  17. Altaholic New Member

I understand the potential issues with a mass transmute button or one click bag. Adding a whole new feature surrounding transmuting would probably be pretty low on the To Do list.

My suggestion would be to streamline it just a bit by allowing your cursor to remain in transmute mode after clicking the ability so you can just click on many items without going to the ability each time. Still have the confirmation box for each item (with maybe the ability to turn that off if desired). This would take much less time and a lot less clicking, then you could click the ability again to toggle it off.
    Cusashorn likes this.
  18. Chath Well-Known Member

What about a UI option to auto-accept transmuting/refine results? My understanding is that they're currently using the generic quest reward window, which prevents accepting them via a custom UI.
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

I assume that would be the same answer as for mass transmute, since you would be transmuting without the confirmation.
  20. Mucusmuncher New Member

I think the CS issue is a weak excuse. No other game on the market has that issue. You frag it, you lose it. Put up a confirmation box similar to other people that makes them read that what they are doing cannot be reversed and not to contact CS. Type in I ACCEPT and that's that. The really important items cannot be muted anyway and those that can be muted can be gotten again if they need to.