Jan 11, 2022 patch - expected tradeskill highlights

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Denmum, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Denmum Developer

This is not a complete list. It is also not something you should expect to see for future patches. :)

VoV TS Weeklies:
    In addition to the current rewards (weapon upgrade recipe + reward crate + status + VoV currency + plat), players will be allowed to choose one of their class-specific books of mastercrafted recipes. (Alchemists get to choose from their five mastercrafted books, armorers from their five, etc.) Those mastercrafted books will be removed from the RNG-dependent weekly reward crate so as to give players a better chance at the tinkering, adorning, etc. books that will still be in the reward crate.

"Catch-Up" Mechanic:
    Normally when an expansion releases, it also becomes easier to get books from past expansions. This got missed for a bit, though. :O So, with the Jan 11 patch, players will no longer have a quest requirement for their essentials books from Chaos Descending, Blood of Luclin and Reign of Shadows. They should be available on crafting trainers and guild recipe vendors with no quest prerequisites involved.

Renfry's Basement:
    This is just a cosmetic thing, but you will be able to see some small signs of what you are doing with the dailies and weekly. Some of the cobwebs and trash now clear out of the basement after completing the TS sig line. Complete the daily that has you making critter bites for Renfry, and a plate beside him appears with his, um ... "food". Complete the daily making sturdy furniture, and a broken chair is replaced with an intact chair. Complete the weekly, and a pile of items appear near Igore that are ready to be shipped out. etc. All the items that appear on completion of weekly or daily are temporary as things break down, get eaten, get shipped out, etc

Forlorn special harvests will now stack to 800 (instead of 100)
    The Artisan's Tunic can once again be equipped by artisans
    Several VoV recipe book issues were tackled
    .. and a few other things.
    Denebi, Pathetica, Kethryl and 22 others like this.
  2. Doobius40504 Active Member

Welcome back! Thank you for the update and clear communication, as always Denmum! Hope your 2022 is a great one!
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Netherfury Member

best news ever, sorry i have been criticial, its not due to not appreciating your work, its just ingame TS frustration
    Quiarrah likes this.
  4. Vichane Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that wants Denmum to go into the ...and other things comment? LOL. Thank you for your hard work, Denmum!
    Mercychalice likes this.
  5. Denmum Developer

Enh, mostly means that I've been making a lot of minor bug fixes for others, and I have lost track of which what other little things might make it in for Tuesday's patch.
  6. GizziFurrfoot Member

Great stuff Denmum - you make us halflings proud! :D
    Doobius40504, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Altho Well-Known Member

Will books to craft GMs finally start dropping?
  8. Rebelde Active Member

Thank you Denmum!!!. Don't forget to add the grandmaster recipes please! :D
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The special harvests stack being 800 is such a good quality of life update, thank you!
  10. Anastaise Active Member

Any idea when grandmaster spell recipes will be available?? There still have not been any disco'd.
    Rebelde likes this.
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Apologies, but unless the quests will be updated to retroactively count items already in inventory bags towards quest progression, I fail to see how this is useful.
    Chikkin and Quiarrah like this.
  12. vexen Member

Is there a reason to keep them? whenever you do the quest you have to regather to update it. If you are making it so we can stack them can you also make it so the tradeskill quest update if you have the supplies in your bags rather than on gather? cause if not this seems pretty unnecessary.
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, the nicest thing in that list is the "Catch-Up" Mechanic
    :D
    Carizia and splatterpunk28 like this.
  14. DENSER Well-Known Member

Good good good, thx ;)

If we do those weeklies now, does it will work if we valide them after patch ?
  15. Malachy Well-Known Member

It would be very nice if us crafters/low level adventurers could have the forlorn nails reward on crafter levels instead of adventure levels like the recent update for mount items.

Ex: 125 crafter getting 0.9% instead of 6.8% bonus to success chance is poopy.

I appreciate the mentioned updates though, thank you!
    Kuulei and Bludd like this.
  16. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The weekly intentionally has you harvest numerous items that you don't actually consume, so you have plenty of leftovers for the sake of having them. At least when the stack is 800 instead of 100, I don't have to delete them quite as often.
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

The catch up mechanic is beyond awesome. *hugs Mum's ankles and gives pie to whomever agreed to it as well*
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've had grandmaster spells drop in Solo and Heroic instances, so I'm guessing that we're supposed to get GMs via research or adventure methods this time. The good news is that masters and GMs are dropping with much greater frequency than they have been in the past couple of years.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Altho Well-Known Member

QoL Idea, 1 button refill on the fuel depot!
  20. Denmum Developer

The GM *recipes* not dropping was forwarded on to itemization. I'll nudge again soon, but their plates are overloaded, and there's no telling what I might knock off the plate while I'm drawing attention to the missing recipe books again. (The books exist, but me trying to figure out the loot tables enough to drop them where I think they belong would be a recipe for chaos that nobody needs! :O)
    Xillean, Sigrdrifa, Bludd and 3 others like this.