Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I will look if I got at least one of those for you, if they are tradable
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sadly, the Kittens aren't tradeable, they're Heirloom. Hence the worry. :-/

But thanks anyway! :)

It would be sweet if we could mail our alts Heirloom items, or cross-world mail stuff from Test; I have tons of extra Kittens there. ;)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well, I hope you still find one or 10, we still have 2 more weeks at least, only halfway through the event.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I just worry; I've been in the "omg, omg, omg, there's less than half an hour left to the event and I don't have them all" panic situation... :-/

The uncertainty of whether or not Santa Glug MIGHT have them available again, ever, is nerve-wracking. X-P

Hence, my desire, starting next year (obvs; nothing we can do about it this year ;->), to have the new stuff given out by Santa Glug, and the old stuff be sold by the regular FF Village merchants. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Minimap "Green queation mark" bug concerning the /claim Window:

The Green Question mark keeps showing up repeatedly on each of my characters, telling me I have unclaimed /Claims.

Sometimes you need to know the in-game time for quests, and it changes really fast, so it'd be nice if that Green Question Mark was disabled after you open the /Claim window once on each character.

This is extra weird on Tarinax, where there are hardly any /claims allowed to begin with. ;) You're nagged by the green question mark forever, unless you stop in the middle of getting chased by a 6-man of oranges, to choose what color monkey you want. :D
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahhh ok now I got it , yea that bugged me too ., but it seams to have gone home now , good ridden , a face only a mother could love .
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That time thing? I've never seen it, ever, associated directly with the Mini-Map (on the other hand, the instant the MM turns up, I do my best to kill it with a wooden stake and bury its disembodied head at a crossroads with its mouth full of holy wafers). There is a separate little window/box/screen/whatever, that has either a sun or a moon overhead of a curved surface, indicating day or night; you hover your cursor over that and it tells you both Earth and Norrath time.

Uwk
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah Uwk, that's exactly the spot I'm talking about, the part where the moon/time is, is currently covered by a giant Green Question Mark on every character, every time I log on, even if I click that question mark to bring up the /claims window. It just comes back on for every character, every time I log on with each of them.

And it's worse because it's an open PvP server, and there are hardly any claims on the TL PvP Tarinax to begin with. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

While I don't have any characters higher than lvl 100 yet, I was talking to someone who was lvl 124, and Gh'lad Tydingz Gigglegibber wasn't giving them a high lvl version of his quest, "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done (by a Gigglegibber)", and I totally spaced that there wasn't one for that high lvl just yet.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I believe somebody already mentioned that fact and Kaitheel said he look in to that , but maybe somebody reminding him is a good thing .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very odd; the thing I was thinking about was a totally separate "window" from the Mini-Map, but then again, I've always detested the stupid Mini-Map since 2006, so I never really looked at its various features. :-/

I'll take your word for it! That sounds even more annoying than the MMap popping up constantly, losing that feature of it. :-/

Uwk
    who can't predict what it will take to KILL the stupid MMap once and for all; works on some toons, not on others...if we don't want it at all, there ought to be a way to go into a game file somewhere and "just say 'no'" ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, upon semi-sober reflection, two things that would help immensely with the Santa Glugging next year:

1) Have Santug just focus on handing out new items; leave the old stuff to the FF Village Merchants.

2) Remove the HEIRLOOM tag from old (previous years) vanity pets, the ones that follow you around outside the house and you can only Scribe once (or Destroy [or maybe vendor-trash], that being the only other option if all your alts for that server already have one :( [or, of course, create a whole bunch of new alts...even I'd rather not have to do that any more ;->]).

Inside the house, pet-wise, it wouldn't matter; if one has, say, 10 toons on a server, and got 25 house pets from Santug, why, one of those toons could donate a house to store the extra 15 of them in ("Oh, c'mon, you're a nature priest, you said you loved critters..."). ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Sunlei Well-Known Member

a frostfell bug for sure seen on pvp server. Not sure how they do it, test people have to figure it out, I can't even begin to guess.

The 300 run speed buff? in frostfell quest can be taken out of ff zone to other zones in norrath.
    Siren, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Hartay like this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Thank you ever so much for the best Frostfell ever, Kaitheel. :)

And if you feel like leaving Frostfell up on Test even longer, please do! ;)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, that's what I was worrying about...11:59 pm PST on the 4th, right?? Not 7 am like it says on the Calendar? :-/

'Cause we've been doing that "almost midnight" bit for a while now; the Calendar should really be fixed to reflect that. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK/SUGGESTION: Next year, could we change the glowies for the Frost-bitten Toes from ? to ! so we can tell at a glance when we've got our Track Harvest abilities up (whether Gnome-grown or intrinsic) what it is we're finding? :)

Every one of my alts has a full set of frozen toes (which is actually faintly disgusting when you think about it, though the reward is sweet), but chasing after 27 other collectibles, even the 9 (+ 7 Toes = 16, barring multiples of each) in the Village, can be harrowing, especially close to the end. :-/

Uwk
    who, for some odd reason, doesn't want to pay thousands of plat for cookies... :-/
    Breanna likes this.