Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

No don't get me wrong it's hilarious I should stand close by and watch ehehe ;)
    That will teach them not to go afk with their over sized mounts .
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh...actually, I was thinking of the ultimate fix: have the merchants offer (after maybe like a qualifying quest, that's at least as doable solo as the crafting one, or perhaps get a fireplace with a chimney to put down first... ;->) our very own A Visit From St. Santa Glug "house item" dude that you could access in the privacy of your own home every 24 or 18 or 12 or however many hours (starting on Public Test when that does, and Live on its day/time, and he could poof away at the end of the holidays, or get turned into a plushie until next year). No worries about the holiday crowds! ;->

You'd still need the Village for all the other quests, the materials, etc... ;->

Uwk
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK/BUG (?): Is there an intentional limit to the number of recipes we can have in an edited Default: category in our uber-recipe collection? Prior to this year, when there were only 39 total (13 x 3 categories) Frostfell recipe books, my "recipe screen/sheet/whatever" could include all of the books when I'd pull up Default: Frostfell. This year, I can have all of two of the categories, but not another one; the Scholarly books are the ones that seem to get left out now that there's 42 total (14 x 3) books for Frostfell. :(

EDIT: Ah, never mind; I must've tripped over my own fingers. They're back, all of 'em. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Kattt Well-Known Member

Santa Glug a letdown so far for me this year. =( All I hoped for was just one ceramic green tree (not the white one, I know about that.) Just one. I have visited glug *40* times so far (20 toons-2 days) and not one. Seems like a really low rate. Not sure if this is intentional. Just letting you know.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Kattt Well-Known Member

Any chance we can get the protective dome and no mount zone etc., around Frostfell village bankers and perhaps a couple busy vendors?

I really wish people were more polite or considerate, but sadly that's not always the case. I strive to make sure I either dismount, or only wear wings near bankers and the like, and will either move pets and such, or shut them off if they are crowding. I truly want to play this game for my own fun, while not taking away from others enjoyment. Not sure why this is not followed by all {{sigh}} but is what it is, I guess. So here are images of what I saw today, and this is not even the worst of the offenders.

[IMG]
    What is with the size of this pet above? ^^^ Is this supposed to be like this?

There are times people and/or their pets literally are right on top of the bankers/vendors, and do not bother moving. Apparently only they exist. {{sigh again}}
    Then, times like today, there are players that are outrageously trollish, rude, and other things I won't say. Look at this----

[IMG]

See the white arrow inside the red circle I marked? That is the banker, and not only are people piled up on it, this jerk on the mount was making it hard for anyone to do anything with the npcs!
    Is this what things are coming to? Good grief!

Anything you can do Kaitheel?

Sorry you have to deal with these aggravations in an already busy job. =(

And despite any gripes I might have at any given point, it is never with the employees and the hard work they do. So thank you for everything...and especially if I don't say it enough.

Thanks,
    Kat

P.S...even if I had shut off mounts (which I hate to do because I buy mounts to look at them, not shut off,) this guy would have still been huge and right on top of banker, etc.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  6. Kattt Well-Known Member

P.P.S...Here is another sample that happened within an hour of the other big character thing above:

[IMG]

(the guy with white wings is the merc of the guy on the right)

This got me to thinking...is it possible to perhaps remove illusions or pets/mercs(like some instances do) or size boosting within a certain radius of the npcs, etc? It really breaks my heart that people can be so callous or self-centered that you would have to do things like this, or make the rest of us suffer for it.
    Anyway, what do you think?

Thanks,
    Kat
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, I get it, Kat.

As it stands, the hide mounts magic is a complex solution, and in its current iteration is not easily applied elsewhere. Thankfully, bankers and many of the other merchants, are present elsewhere, but the singular nature and daily reuse of a single NPC, like Santa Glug, is what drove me to work on a possible solution to alleviate frustrations surrounding him (surrounding him in multiple senses of the word!). Some of the holiday merchants, of course are also singular, but they don't have the same daily repeated use from every character.

Perhaps if and when we get the hide mounts magic simplified, and we gauge the responses of it, we can add it to more features.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, every item on his list has the same drop rate. He has never had a rarity associated with any of his gifts.

Here's hoping you get the ceramic tree very soon!

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Siren and Kattt like this.
  9. Kattt Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Well I just really liked the solution you came up with for Glug, and its going very well actually! So I must say bravo to that first of all! It helps a lot! But the only question remaining for me is, are pets supposed to be that big, as with the butterfly, or w/e his name is? That just seemed very unusual and odd to me. And I take it, with what you said above, that removing enlarging stuff near an npc is also a complicated thing eh? I mean come on (to them, not you) look at the size of that guy on the mount? Thats fairly outrageous. =P And you just know these guys do this stuff on purpose. {{rolls eyes}}

Anyway, thank you so much for getting back to me on this Kaitheel! (And so quick....speedy! lol)
    Your interaction and effort is really appreciated, and its part of what motivated me to get back to test....hubby as well! It is nice to work with you. :)

Thanks for letting me know!
  10. Kattt Well-Known Member

Ok, wow, that surprises me. I thought you made some of the items more rare than others, to add to motivation to visit him more, log in, etc. I am mostly surprised with the fact that I think I got every single new item he has except for that. =P Like wow, 40 visits and not a one. Ok, so its official...I just have the worst luck ever! lol :eek::p

Thank you again for letting me know!
    Much appreciated,
    Kat
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I still vote for having Santa Glug just hand out the new stuff, and the old stuff he would've handed out that year, be on the regular FF Village merchants (with the regular old stuff available for silver and copper, and the old Heirloom stuff for 1 E'ci Token each). :)

Uwk
    Carynn and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is this on Test or where, Kattt? I have a couple extra Trees I could trade for the new Peppermint Candy Cane Crowns (I need 7 to finish my FF quota completely! :D), at least on Test; I just really started the rest of the servers, so I hardly have anything on there. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

about the tree , I noticed that those gifts seam to come in clusters , I had 5 toons get a tree right away before the next one got something else .
    About people on with giant pets , Coersers can blow up their pets to the size of a house .
    People on giant mounts are not always mean , I met more than one that apologized profusely saying , he hides his mounts
    and did not understand that I can see it , or oops I forgot when I hide my mount that other people who don't hide mounts can still see them.
    So I understand Kattt that you should be able to hide other peoples mounts , that will not hide those giant overgrown ogres and such .
    I wished I had a spell to shrink them to the size of a mouse .

I just saw a level 11 Beast Lord called " Denmother " on Kaladim .

And lol , Kaitheel because many people go afk as soon as they got their present , we are all piling up in the same spot , no social distancing here ehehe .
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah Schmetterling, that happens to me even with Glug's little helper's city present drops. Whether I stick with one character or try relogging, I can get 4 ciders in a row, etc.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was told it's how the "random number generator" (heh) actually works; it's based on the seconds. So like if all your toons in a row got their things at like 11:01:00, 11:02:00, 11:03:00, etc., you're gonna get 3+ of the same things in a row. :-/

What's aggravating is when it's an Heirloom-tagged thing you can't get any other way that doesn't show up and doesn't show up; hence my idea for Santug just giving out new things every year and the old things he would've given out be on the regular FF Village merchants. :) That way, you KNOW you'll get enough of the Pets (sell the tradeable things for silver/copper, the Heirloom things for E'ci Tokens, and guarantee that the Pets of the year before will be on the current merchants). Plus, on top of everything else, if the old things are merchant-sold, we're guaranteed of getting all the ones we need for like house decorating! :)

I hear your pain, Kattt, but we could always trade or use the Broker to get all the other stuff, even the cool Twinkling Ceramic Trees. :) We can't do that with the Pets (wish we could; I've got an overabundance of them on Test... :-/).

EDIT: As a matter of fact...I need 2, count 'em, TWO Peppermint Candy Cane Crowns and I'll be DONE with Santug on Test this year. Kattt, I will be more than happy to trade you up to FIVE Twinkling Ceramic Frostfell Trees for two Peppermint Candy Cane Crowns! :D And since they are Tradeable, I can even mail them to you, and yours to me! :) My primary on Public Test is Abrahm (not Abraham, just Abrahm. Abrahm Sappy'Yen, an Erudite Fury ['cause of the water-breathing spell; 2-3 weeks after I got his last name at 20th, suddenly all the Erudites could breathe water... :D]).

EDIT: Well, darn...the offer is open to all who need extra stuff on Test (except for the Heirloom pets, of course); I have at least 4 extra of everything open to trade. X-P Best guy to talk to about that would be Xanadew, actually. :)

Uwk
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, since RNGeezus is hating on me AGAIN, the new "rare" item for this year for Test seems to be the Peppermint Candy Cane Crown, if my results are any judge. Good news is, my price for them is still the same, and my offers are still on the table. Bad news is, I've been getting (grudgingly, it seems) ONE new Crown per session, out of 21 toons each session (out of 22 sessions already [462 total sessions]...my categories of tradeable extras are beyond 21 in total count for each). As a consequence, I still need ONE. More. New. PCC. Crown. On. Test. X-P

I have the following available to trade:

Austere Pine Garland: 8
    Austere Pine Swag: 6

[these can't be traded {sigh}, but just to give an idea of the overwhelmingness:]
    Cranberry Ooze House Pet: 11
    Cream-Point Kitten: 12 (of all the things I'd love to be able to send cross-world through the mail to my own alts...but it's Test, and the Kittens are Heirloom. All my other servers are begging for them. :()

Petamorph Wand: Snowy Cliff Beak (which are really cool; do they work on Deity Pets as well as Combat Pets?): 8
    Sugar Sweet Dreams Plushie: 11
    Sweet Holiday Fruit Basket: 7
    Twinkling Ceramic Frostfell Tree: 6

(Yes, I could put them on the Broker, and will probably do so once I can leave Santug behind for this year [I really, really hope I'm not having to still do this on Test late at night on the 4th...], but I prefer to give folks the chance to trade for "free" before I do that. ;-> And no, I haven't been finding the new Crowns on the Broker yet [I'd snap them up in a heartbeat if they were], which seems to bear out my theory. :-/)

Uwk
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: If we're gonna get booted away even if Santug doesn't have any gifties for us yet, can something be done about the visual clutter around his Tree behind him? There are 6 things that could interfere with us being able to find Santug to click on him in a timely fashion, 5 packages and 1 large bag of coal (vs. the smaller bags of coal, which probably wouldn't interfere, visually, from the angle we have to approach Santug on from where we've been flung).

Granted, the blue-violet and white package is pretty low-slung, and there's the li'l red and yellow package; those could probably stay put, but it'd be nice to have a more even distribution of "gifties" (set decorations) around the Tree, perhaps close enough still to not mislead folks into thinking they're Present nodes, maybe still under the "dome." I think especially the big stack of gifties to his......right, when you're facing him square on, and the big bag of coal with the candy cane stuck in it, should be moved elsewhere; that way, we'd have a much clearer visual path to him. :)

Soonest in, soonest out, so others can access him, too. :)

Uwk
    Hartay and Breanna like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG(?):

Question: does the "countdown" for the 18 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds, etc. start when we hail Santa Glug, or when we say "Thank you!", or when we get the "You receive a _______. Rejoice" sort of message and actually get the item in our inventory? Or when he says, "Here you go, buddy-friend. Have a wonderful Frostfell" afterwards? :-/

Because one day, I hailed him with a toon at 09:56:59 seconds, got his response later on in that same second, then thanked him and got the "You receive" message and the item in my inventory at :00 seconds at the start of the next minute. Not a problem. ;->

The next day, I hailed him at 03:57:00 seconds (in other words, 18 hours and a second after I'd previously Hailed him), replied "Thank you!" to his return greeting at :01, and was then told, still at :01, that I was a scum-slurping pig, how dare I darken his doorstep, I must be catapulted at least 4-5 seconds away from getting back to him, quit polluting his personal space, etc. (well, not exactly, mind, but I got the message :-/).

I have Logs turned on if anyone wants to take a peek... :-/

EDIT: Checking over the Logs, this exact thing has happened to more than one toon now. Not exactly the same hour, mind, but minutes and seconds, yes. X-P

Uwk
    /puzzled
    Geroblue, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Lol Uwkete , just come the next day 5 minutes later , anyway from what your saying here I would guess the timer starts when you get the present .
    I keep on asking him over and over till the chat bubble goes up sky high ( to bad now you have to run back ) just to agitate him muahaha , ( no wonder he gave me coal the last time , at least make it ethereal shish)
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Lovey, I've got 122 toons. If I have to put things forward a MINUTE, that will add up. :-/

As it is, I'll probably be working on Antonia Bayle at 11 pm on Jan. 4th, since no matter what I do, I can't get any darned Kittens. If they ever show up again, either as an "old" thing of Santug's or at the merchants, or especially if they never show up again as a gifty, I'd really like their HEIRLOOM tag removed. It's been done before.

And I had a TON of my toons on Thurgadin get nailed by this bug today. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.