The New TLE Server should be done like this...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Poopoo, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Poopoo Member

And go...

Considering how F'd up the TLE servers have been, you'd think the studio would learn from their mistakes and get it correct. But that's highly unlikely. So to assist them, the community that plays the game would probably get it right.

So, how should the TLE server be run/set up/maintain. (i.e Exp pack release cadence, stats?, guildhalls when, flying mounts when, etc etc etc.)
  2. Venser Active Member

You must have missed Stormhold TLE
    Schmetterling likes this.
  3. Xevran Well-Known Member

Honestly I think Kaladim was fine progression-wise except for four months of DoF being waaay too long. That expansion does not in any way have four months of content.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I want to agree with you, but I'd need to see a properly balanced attempt at DoF on a TLE server before I would be willing to commit. So far, I've yet to see it happen.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

3 months OG, 2 DoF, 4 EoF-TSO
    access to my vet rewards where the equivalent is sold on marketplace
    reforging enabled to mitigate the consistently bad itemization
    either mercs enabled from start or botters banned
    ground mounts only
    no guild halls
    no pvp
    better class balance and mob difficulty tuning
    Laalon2 and TheInquisitor like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

What really is so bad this time is that we are stuck with DoV for not just 4 , but 8 months all we got of the next expansion is only mercs , apprentices and Beastlords and some other small items .
    We did not get any new zones or more levels or AA .
    I just looked it up , and it appears that Withered lands and Cobalt Scar are considered part of DoV .
    Had we gotten those 2 zones together with mercs and such we would be busy enough
    The reason for the delay is that the programmers did not have enough time to work on our expansion yet .
    All the zones that are added to a TLE server have to be altered , at this point it's not about nostalgia anymore but they are trying to not have us end up in the same place as the live servers are .
    But this is only a simple house wife talking .
    Aspryn likes this.
  7. Aspryn New Member

This is brilliance in defeat.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  8. Kurth Member

Bring back classic itemization and stats. I hate the Primary Attributes nonsense.

Harsher (classic) death penalty

Slower XP gain. It should take a good 2 months to hit level cap in classic not 3 days.

No XP pots in classic.

Bring back access quests for Zek/EL/Everfrost/Lavastorm/Thundering Steppes bridge

Make HOs matter in combat.

No prestige housing/mounts until they're actually introduced.
    TheInquisitor, Hiraeth and Rangrath like this.
  9. Xevran Well-Known Member

If it was actually balanced well it might not be so bad but the balance for that expansion on Kaladim was horrendous.
  10. Poopoo Member

This guy. This guy gets it.
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Withered Lands/Skyshrine came out during AoD, and Cobalt Scar came out during Chains of Eternity. I understand them tying WL/SS to DoV financially, since AoD was sold separately. I never understood the reasoning behind tying CS to it though seeing as that it opened 2 expansions later. Initially Kander had written that WL/SS was to open the same time as AoD on Kaladim. I wish they had.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

You can say that again Meaghan .
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Running Skyshrine is the last thing I really want out of this TLE.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know about that , the last expansion I liked was Altar of Malice , at least I did the Beta .
  15. Daltharr Active Member

I think Kaladim was overall good. Coulda been better, but it was good enough that im onboard for the next TLE. - But regardless what i personally think of DoV, its underscored x3 that a majority dont like that expack. Add to that the server is on a "natural" EoL stage and you have the full stop.
    But it honestly feelsbadman that I wont see ToV wich is one of my own favorite expacks. Its clear from the design that the devs have learned from previous mistakes, and a lot of the people who left during DoV is missing out.
    Next TLE should therefore consider a leapfrog of DoV, or ad a good chunk of Fervor, say 15-25 points to the clicky-cloak from CoE, and offer an upgrade of that in ToV. - enough to make the pain of DoV meaningfull.
    I dont see other ways to make it attractive for the general playerbase than to make some rewards usable on live servers. A bit like the original idea with HQ rewards, only this would be a reward from completing a sigline. - Could even go further and give the cloak a few points of Fervor added for each sigline the toon have completed on the TLE, with a climax in ToV or AoM or w/e the devs or the vocal minority can agree on wich would boost the effect with say 25 %.
    - Its clear the players needs a huge carrot to play beyond DoV, and the TLE servers would be fun to play all the way to the end if the playerbase was increased near EoL--
  16. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Lot of Kaladim people are very active on the pvp server. The devs know where accounts are active.

I wish they would keep Kaladim alive for a very long time. Try a different and NEW approach with Kaladim and TLE in general. Broaden the content with new lands/new raids and new gear choices. New Gear that has 10 'uses' or timed use. Unique random drop items with only a few charges. Gear that perma breaks with 10 deaths.

Be very harsh with game exploiters, botters/broker bots!!, harvest bots and black market sellers....those guys ruin the game for regular players. They don't have to outright permaban their 'paying' accounts time outs work.

I edit in Fly mounts and leapers much earlier. Its to long to wait ..even on pvp to long to wait!

I know waiting for mounts is a core design of eq games from the very beginning. OMG the cost and wait in eq1 was INSANE for first horse. You know the original eq1 guy is hired by Amazon new world game and they do the same 'no mount' thing in New World and that game loosing a flood of players already. Anyway mounts that leap and fly much sooner. All that happens with a new server is core group gets to max level in 2 days and sits at the top whining the loudest.
  17. Malachy Well-Known Member

It's important to understand that TLE takes resources and the only way it happens is if it's going to make money. With that in mind for them and for players to enjoy it without it being pay to win...

On Day 1:
    • Slow XP
    • XP debt
    • XP debt potions ($$$ but breaks nothing)
    • XP potions allowed ($$$ but breaks nothing)
    • Mob difficulty should match the description (heroic = very difficult to solo, etc)
    • No familiars
    • No mounts with stats
    • No vet rewards
    • No guild halls
    • Shattered Lands mercs only (city, personal avatar through daybreak cash, Kenny). City mercs = stats of their class in handcrafted gear using journeyman skills, Avatar/Kenny = adept skills. A fully maxed out, leveled city merc would be the equivalent of a mastercrafted toon with master skills or grandmaster for Avatar/Kenny ($$$ but breaks nothing)
    • Reforging allowed
    • Prestige housing ($$$ but breaks nothing)
    Personally, I think anything past TSO is awful and the numbers show that's a popular opinion, so in a perfect world it would just lock here, people get free transfer tokens when they ding 80 if they want to leave. Otherwise, there are server-specific events and content additions as long as the player base stays healthy.

I also think the most successful TLE launch would include a PVP flag option for those that want to get it or a battlegrounds option, that way we're getting both PVE and PVP enthusiasts in the same place. Similarly this is why I want mercs in, the content needs to be challenging, but if finding the right class for a group is too difficult, you can still do most content with a merc. And, yes, I'm saying most quests should be challenging to solo; heroic and heritage quests should be challenging to molo.
  18. Rhoks Active Member

You guys are asking to much. They are only copying and paste the TLE servers. They arent going to add content to a TLE and they arent going to mess with the stats.

Its time for a new game. Theres only so many times you can repeat the TLE before that gets old in general because even now the players are getting aware of the time and money spent on TLE just for it to drop off during DOV or be transfered over to a live server.

If anything they need something similar to race to trakkanon where it was a time limit server but you got rewards in live server for playing on that server.

The pvp server is only more popular for not even the pvp but for the content of it being like a new TLE server. Problem is there is no reason to pvp. No rewards, no pvp gear. Since they took stats away where Str Wis AGI and Int all had their own purpose there is no reason to tweek a character on PVP other than maxing AAs and then no specific PVP gear where as before the stats actually ment something specifically and you had pvp rewards and gear.

I would like battlegrounds to come back with gear rewards so those who want to pvp on battlegrounds dont have to raid to get the best gear to pvp
  19. Jovie Well-Known Member

If they wanted to do it right, they should bring back eq2 day one style play at the beginning.
    You start on the isle, and either complete the isle or suffer in town.
    When you go to town, you do your citizenship quest and start your sub class quest at level 10.
    Your final class quest is done and finished around level 20.

So you start as a fighter, then become a brawler at 10 and then at 20 a monk. Other versions for the other classes.
    This would work if they would return the quest givers to their native neighborhoods.

It made the neighborhoods alive and fun.
    I think it would make the next tlp server something special for those who came to the game late and never got to do these quest lines.

Just a suggestion.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

when I began playing EQ2 the neighborhoods were still in game , but nobody went there anymore .
    I did not even have an idea that there was once a purpose to those parts of town besides some rooms to rent and a place to get discoveries .
    By diverting the beginners to places like Neriak or New Hallas Kelethin or Gorowen new players never saw a need to even go there , why would I care to level up in the peat bog or labor my way through the cave , if it's so much easier and rewarding to go to the beginner zones that came in later .
    If you don't want EQ2 to end up like Final Fantasy 14 , you have to make things more simple .
    FF 14 has big problems with connect ability, as in you have to wait for a long time before you can even get into the game , on some server groups .
    Breanna likes this.