Heroic Mitigations and Raids

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Gninja, Dec 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gninja Developer

Greetings Vetrovians,

We hope everyone is enjoying the new adventures! We have an update regarding mitigations, ability adjustments, and raids that we would like to share with everyone in the spirit of keeping everyone up to speed on any changes coming down the road for Visions of Vetrovia.

One such change will be with creatures found in heroics dungeons. The amount of damage heroic creatures were able to mitigate was found to be too high compared against statistics adventurers were able to obtain up to that point. Though we are seeing those zones getting completed, it does present a bit more of a challenge than intended. While admittedly, this was reported in our beta tests, we chose to keep their defenses high to ensure they provided a good challenge to adventurers when they came knocking. What we did instead was ensure we could adjust these sort of mitigating values easily and without always needing to interrupt player’s game time with an update. After deliberation and reading through the feedback in the forums and from our in game feedback, we have lowered heroic creatures mitigations for all heroic content. This adjustment has already been applied to live servers and you can let us know what you think about it on the forums or with /feedback.

There are also a few outlying adjustments that need to be made for specific archetype and other abilities that do not play well in the current spell system. Specifically when it comes to the balance between melee attacks versus spell attacks. These adjustments should be coming down the pipeline for next week’s update. In order to give time for these adjustments to be seen on live and in a good place, the raid council has expressed interest in pushing the opening of raids back by one cycle. Instead of Karuupa Jungle and Mahngavi Wastes raids opening on the 15th of December 2021, they will open instead, on the 5th of January when the Forlorn Raid was due to open. After discussing it internally, we concur that progression for raids would be more solid with a little time for balance to settle in to a better place. This will hopefully give a better “starting line” so-to-speak, when raids kick off for Vetrovia in January.

EverQuest II Team
    Priority, Beee, Ingerimm and 10 others like this.
  2. Primula New Member

why do we need Maximum mount level , Maximum familiar level , to get the 500K potency we need to run Tier 1 heroics ??
    How is that fair Forcing us to get Maximum end game things just to run the First heroic ??? seems a bit much guys
    Silvered and Siren like this.
  3. Primula New Member

POI / PQ gear is not even close to enough stats to run heroic Tier 1 until you finish everything basically / all ethreal stuff
    Aethos likes this.
  4. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

You do not need 500k potency to do T1 heroics. Sure it takes more time to finish them, but I believe that one hour per zone is fine at the beginning of an expansion.
    Hartay likes this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Where'd the melee auto attack go? Things were feeling super nice again, and now I feel we're right back where we were last year. I feel like I'm only half a class without my auto attack. :( My auto attack dropped from being a nice 30% of my parse yesterday to a mere 2% today.
  6. Ptalomej Member

This is a good test for classes that have abilities that work through mitigation, and for others it's dull ****.
  7. Spartanec Member

Rewards signature+full 295 resolve equip+rewards (poi+droped quests)
    Solo weekly in dangeons+4 solo weekly outdors
    Legendary familiar 10 level=100k exp (very easy)
    Solo or craft mount (71/73 pot)+6 unlock slots+20 lvl (not easy, but very real)

This is base equip for t1 heroics.

Dont need decrese mitigation in heroic content!
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

yes they did you needed to have full crate ethereal buffs to be near the combat mit
  9. Ptalomej Member

As for mitigations against auto-attacks, the developers themselves do not understand the mechanics of the game, and make rash actions just to extinguish the wave of discontent. Сombat mit cuts 3 components for spell damage - critical bonus, potency and fervor. This stat is one for an auto attack - critical bonus. In total, with an increase in their characteristics or decrease mitigation, players have a linear growth for an auto attack, but for spells - in power 3. And now with a decrease in mitigation, the damage from spells increased tenfold and against the auto it remained at about the same level and relative to spells it will only get worse. To level this up, the developers need to do so that the combat mitigation reduces 3 parameters for auto attack, adding, for example, WDB and flurry multiplier in addition to the crit bonus.
    Hellfiren and Beee like this.
  10. Victisa Active Member

my son and i were talking about this, he wasn't happy about this and neither was I, money money and more money seems to be the goal here.
  11. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Funny seeing somewhat similar posts every expansion. Gninja is just so stubborn on timed progression and not very friendly when it comes to new and or casual players.
  12. Bardonio Active Member

I see that the eq2 team still be working on their sarcasm
    Hellfiren and Bobthebuilder89 like this.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

i think this expac has fun interesting zones and quests for the most part but i guess everything is bad and just burn down everything right?
    Crazylayde, Priority and Harlequin like this.
  14. Fueelar New Member

Greetings and salutations I was doing h2 content before any of the changes and imho a change was needed but this was to far it was entirely possible to do h1 content after the sigline poi and drop quests with a couple extra solos and he progression was OK however with the change being so large we managed to kill the first h1 boss in nightmares of old with 3 dps and a troub and I saw a BL hit over 2 trillion changes should be made yes I agree however the change should have been about half what it was for combat mitigation imho h1 should be accessible but by no means should it be triviql this early in the expac
  15. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I so disagree with this - gninja interacts with the players very effectively.
  16. krokous Member

There is serious need to rebalance melee/spell damage across all tiers not only for lates expansion. Make debuffs mean something even in heroic/solo content! So it means add migitation to mobs same way as player characters have! Also remove "spell weapons" - it is nonsense and you know it!
  17. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

We did 4 heroics zones last night - each took 45 min to 1 hrs - as we learning the zones. I suspect this will go faster as we get the zones done. The drop in Combat Mig feels about right to me so far.
    Hiza likes this.
  18. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

The spell vs meele dps issues at the moment are supposed to be addressed by the last update (per his letter)
    barcevik likes this.
  19. Obano Well-Known Member

I think the real problem is the Heroic II zones are too hard. I cleared the Heroic 1 weekly within first (full) day in nothing but solo / POI gear. But now 10 days into the expansion and in full Heroic 1 gear I have yet to kill a single Heroic II boss let alone do the weekly. At this point there are no further paths to upgrade for me other than to spam Heroic 1 zones and hope for a lucky 315 drop.
  20. Sweeetie New Member

Hey! Get off my spell weapon! - I am enjoying the content, although finding it much more easy going on a spell caster than on my scout :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.