Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Ladislava Active Member

Ideas for Frostfell 2022:
    Kaitheel I'm not sure how feasible these are but hey I thought I'd put them up.
    1. Peppermint candy with candy swirling up-like the star and the enchanting updraft. I use them on my teleport pads so guildies can locate and there's too much white.
    2. Candy or icing decorations on the baked gingerbread pieces (like on the room dividers) call them something like iced gingerbread dividers.
    3. Candy cane poles with no crook (in all the candy cane colors). I know the swirl and striped column sorta work but sometimes they're just too thick.
    4. A snowball bush-use one of the frosted bushes you already gave us stick some round snowballs and frosted leaves (like from the cold pine wreath.
    5. Tinkered turkey fryer-use any variable of tinkered items to make a barrel type thing with a fire under it that randomly fires off frozen turkeys that land then disappear. If you're hit by the turkey it should knock you down.
    6. Tinkered Santa Glug Sleigh-makes a jingling sound before spraying either presents, snow, coal, candy or random tinkered parts (bag should smoke on this one).
    7 Why doesn't Santa Glug have a Mrs. Glug? I mean really Goblins need love too
    8. Icy flooring like in the Wonderland Village- I NEED THIS FOR MY GUILD HALL!!! Multi-holiday uses. Can also be used for pranks during Bristlebane when hidden under regular flooring.
    9. Resizing on the Frostfell Trees. Oh and a way to get more green ones. The frosted ones are nice but I'm more of a green tree type person myself. I need a huge one for my guild hall.
    10. Yule log- A log with ribbons and holly on it. Maybe even a yule log desert for the dinner table.
    11. Dividers and blocks with the wall papered sets. I love those but am limited as they only come in room dividers.
    12. Peppermint striped curtains. Or Holly?

Okay that's all I've got for now but I'm sure as the season progresses I'll have more :)
  2. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

The icy flooring...yes please! I was wondering if the new tile you can buy was going to be like this, and I cracked up when I set it down and saw what it does do. That's cool, too. lol These are all great ideas!

I know the Snowy Dwelling is already available, but a prestige home based more on Frostfell Village with the skating ice would be nice, too.

Mrs. Glug has so many possible stories that come to mind! I bet someone could have fun with that!
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Hey that's nice that there's a designated container for mats, but I'm not going to just shove one of my 6 containers into the bank just to harvest this stuff. Make it a detached 7th bag like the CD harvest bag and then *MAYBE* I will use it.

What you find "fun" to actually spend your time finding the stuff, I find frustrating to never get that one last item I actually need. it's bad enough the holiday has always lasted two weeks longer than almost everything else in the year.

Edit: Also, it was Denmum who pointed me to this thread in the first place.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

Most likely they could alias the new "whatever" to replace any of the existing stuff so that you could use either the original or the "new" item. Its a coding thing so I'm not even sure who would have to do it. No harm in suggesting it.

Personally, I kind of agree that 55-ish different types of harvested materials + specialized fuel can make throwing something together mid year a challenge if you happen to be low on some specific material. Consolidating it a bit I don't think would hurt anyway. Maybe 20-ish items or some overlap on what can be used for the recipes?
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Can I add a block set with an Asian theme. Right now for the paper walls I have to mess with turning a certain picture around and have to double that for both the inside and outside to match. Can be tedious on a large build.

A more natural colored stucco block, more of a sand or tan color perhaps. I love the other options, but some builds just need the tan colored stucco or off white.

I'd love a much larger green frost fell tree as well. I seem to have a great many of the snowy ones, but I also prefer the green ones.

The Yule log would be awesome!!

As far as mats, with the many ways to get them, it's never really been a problem. I find it harder to get some of the higher level mats as there just doesn't seem to be as many as the other levels. But between the guild hall gatherers, our ponies, goblins, and the broker, I always have a way to make what I need.

Would love to see a fisherman and one other that isn't part of the three current guild hall gathers though. Maybe a way to covert some lower mats into rare, holiday, or higher level mats would be possible?
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They did that back in the old days before we had access to our own Frostfell Crafting Stations, back when the ONLY way to make anything at all was in the Village, which was patently ridiculous; I'd detested that and had been pushing for year-round methods to make FF stuff (like EVERY OTHER HOLIDAY :p [even the winter hols in real life here]) since my first one in 2006 (only took 'em 7 years after I started my campaign ;->). :-/

Frankly, I'm glad FF lasts as long as it does; it's my only chance, maybe, to be able to get everyone in The Horde all their Santa Glug gifties. It's aggravating that the Pets are still Heirloom, but that's my limiting factor; if I can be assured of trading for or getting the other stuff on the Broker, I can relax after filling my Pet quotas. :)

Uwk
    who still votes for the 6 -7 things from the years before being available on the regular Gobbo merchants (that you don't need to do 48 crafting builds to access ;->), guaranteed, and have Santug just hand out new things...

EDIT: ...and have those years-before old things change out every year. "Get your old gifties while they last!" Have the old Heirloom stuff, like Pets, be available for E'ci Tokens, and the other old things for regular in-game cash. :)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Definitely wouldn't hurt, though there's quite a few recipes that do use the same mats...the ones that make me wince a lot are those that insist (for perhaps logical reasons, but still) on using the Rares: Cured Ham and Raw Fowl (why are those rares, anyway...?). :-/

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...thought the Hunter harvester also got fish? Can't recall; I don't have any in my current two guilds I'm running (too pricey).

I'd like to see that "convert ... into holiday mats" (with the option to choose which holiday's mats! for instance, Frostfell :D) idea work with old mats that are obsolete these days (what else can we do with them? does the gal at the City Festivals take those as well as obsolete old currencies?); that would be awesome, but rather that than lower-level mats. I can just see that the minute that goes into effect, the cost for lower-level mats on the Broker will shoot through the ceiling. X-P

And even I have baby Hordelings to gear up and level up their own crafting, still... ;->

Uwk
    Moonpanther likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Just a note, Kaitheel: my combat pet on a Necro was lingering back where I'd been flung tonight after visiting Santa, but that was my fault, I'd had him on Stay. When I took that off to have him Follow me back to my starting point at the Tree, he was able to go right through the barrier around Santa Glug. I'm not sure what can be done about that, since pets don't have collision detection? :-/

Uwk
  10. Tabbyclouds Member

Does anyone know whether Brightly the Baby Dragon Familiar from the Santa Glug currency is a fluff pet on Kaladim like the NotD familiar?
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Even if your character is barely just close enough to Santa Glug in Frostfell Village to click on him so chat will start (even many feet away), your character immediately gets flung back halfway across Glug's snow plateau after he responds. Not a huge deal, just a little disconcerting when you're trying to make sense of what happened and whether you got a present or not (you still get your present fine if your 18-hour timer has cleared).

I'm a football now. ;) Wheeee!
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the only fluff pets that are familiars on live I know of is the Erollisi day dragon and the spider from Night of the dead .

Where does the Brightly come from ?, if it's a quest or a drop from an event everybody can get , we might get Keitheel to get it for us as a regular pet .

I am wondering about what happens to those pets when our toons go back to live , can we get the familiar too ?
    this is mostly about Carina Cuddleblaze .
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

If you aren't encountering a bug, try what I've done for years:

Enter the left side. Immediately there's a Minotaur to kill. Hug the left wall all the way through; right after Minotaur will be a tall ice creature in an alcove, I skip that (no XP for mobs in maze that I can see in my chat). Still hug the left wall past this alcove, and a couple others that are sealed little caves.

Then the next alcove on the left has a big ice tree in front of it; go left into this alcove because it's open and not a closed-in cave. Follow it's left wall past another tree, keep hugging the left wall and you'll find a lit ice brazier, go past it still hugging the left wall, and there'll be another Minotaur coming toward you to kill. Kill him, then up ahead of him click on Scrooge's gravestone, read the little story, then click on the bottom of the icicle pile to the right to bring you back to the goblin at the start of the maze.

Sorry, I'm not in there right now, so that's the best I can write off my memory. But hugging the left wall (even if you have to bloody follow the enclosed caves in and back out again-- keep hugging the left walll) all the way is the only way I can ever finish that maze.

Good luck!
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yes, I've just done my daily run and encountered the new push. I park my toons at the extreme dialogue range to the west of him and always end up halfway across the island to the east of him. It's very disorientling. It took me several toons before I managed to get a grip on my bearings and figure out how to get back to where I started without running in circles. It also seems to dump everyone in the same spot. On a busy live server isn't there a risk that everyone is going to end up in one of those large crowded stacks?

Is there any possibility of tweaking it so that it either doesn't catch people at extreme range or at least just pushes you backwards in place a couple of steps instead of completely re-locating you?
  15. Kaitheel Developer

It lands players in a region, so there is a chance that they may land on top of each other, but it won't happen to most.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Denmum like this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, Brightly the Baby Dragon will be automatically swapped for a fluff pet version for the TLE servers.

Thank you for the reminder on this!

~ Kaitheel
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hugs Kaitheel thanks <3 , <3 , <3
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Duh yes, the guild gatherers do, it was the wee hours of the morning here as I waited to get online, so my brain farted lol.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Lol people will be surprised when they get their present from Santa and get bounced back .
    I had forgotten that he does that now , I LOVE it :p next , punt , next , punt .
  20. Kaitheel Developer

It's either that, or have him wander around the island, which I fear will bring about other issues. (like him dropping below the geometry.)

~ Kaitheel