Coercer, a Perm Pet or No?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by FalconClash, Sep 17, 2021.

1. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I only recently made a coercer and I'm aware that Charm pets are Temp. I keep seeing people say we do get a Perm Pet at some point, but I can't find any info anywhere to confirm this. Rather confusing.

Is it true, if so, at what LvL and whats the spell called? Please clarify?
  2. Andrea Member

Possess Essence Level 65
  3. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Thank you. I guess 65 isn't that far away from 11. lol
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

And if ina group the best archtype to use posses essence on is a healer
  5. JanEQ Active Member

Just have to remember to re-possess essence every time you zone
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

7. Rrenee Member

This is just silly btw. There is no reason the coercer pet can't persist through zoning. It is extremely annoying during raid especially in zones where they have umpteen little teleporters scattered all through the zone and I have to keep clicking a healer and recast my pet everytime all while the raid is trying to move and kill trash. They need to fix it period.
  8. Avadale New Member

There is actually a good reason and it's a technical limitation. Aside from a small global set of NPC assets, when you enter a zone, you only load the required assets for that zone. This is to reduce the memory footprint of the application. To behave like we'd all like, this would require everyone to load every NPC asset up front and have in memory at all times. This would be horribly inefficient.

So for the sake of performance and efficiency, we'll just have to re-possess every time we zone!

As for zoning into the same zone - yeah - that's kind of silly.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That being the case, how do you account for the illy pet, which is consistent across zones. I understand what you're saying about zone assets, but we're not talking about bringing huge amounts of data across, and certainly not in raid zones where you're taking a bell within the zone. That's nonsensical.
    AOE1 and Pixistik like this.