Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Kattt Well-Known Member

Bug: (I think) It doesn't look like the lights are actually on for the New Halas Ceramic Frostfell Tree. If it was intended for it to be just like the green tree. Someone forgot to flip the switch I think. =)
    I know it isn't called twinkling, so wasn't sure. If working as intended, can we have them twinkle anyway? Love these so much!

Also, any chance we can make them just a smidge bigger? I know they are supposed to be like tabletop trees, but I just mean a little bit bigger, not full size tree. Like big enough to be an ogre's tabletop tree too. =)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

I thought Overseers was now available to any ftp account that had bought the expansion that gave it, plus any subbed account regardless of expansions. Whether it will stick around at the reduced quest limits after a very brief subbed period is probably as yet untested! Like Chikkin said if you're going to experiment I'd just do it on one account until you're sure. And before you do that double check if any of the ftp accounts have the necessary expansion to get it that way before you spend the money.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I checked on my ftp that has everything up to preorder of VoV, but on overseer it says Must have membership or buy the feature, I have no starter kit in claims and can't interract with overseer guys in town. Actually I can see what they sell but on Overseer first agent box on merchant it says Requires you have Account level: Gold

One of those days, maybe towards Xmas I'll buy a membership for 1 month and try too
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

As with most Daybreak communication the original announcement is highly ambiguous:
    (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-october-13-2020.596332/)

To me, that means if you actually bought BOL at the time (as opposed to inheriting it by buying ROS) then you should have received the starter pack in claim at that time as it was a feature of that purchase. In which case shouldn't it still be there? Or do you now have to have active membership to actually receive all features of a purchased expansion?

It's also unclear from that announcement what will happen if you didn't buy BOL and let your membership lapse. Is it going bye bye or do you also drop to the 3 a day limit? I'm loathe to drop my membership to find out but if either of you test out the other scenario please let us know the results.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

oh no don't do anything drastic.. my understanding is (since those starting agents and missions can be bought on npc) that membership is a major requirement here. But we shall see, unless someone has gone thru that situation and can say for sure. or maybe someone from daybreak will know /shrug
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

green one is called Twinkling, maybe the white one is not twinkling on purpose, shame really
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

On the Frostfell Joy outfit:

If someone doesn't have imperceptible beauty shoulders to "blank out" or cover over the regular shoulder armor they're wearing, and they don't want to take off their shoulder armor, they could try this:

The older Holly Jolly leather armwraps are both red and green, and tie in the Frostfell Joy's red top and green pants together a little better. They'd work even better if the gold color on the armwraps (the gold armband and gold shoulderpad parts) were changed to be the same brown as the gloves instead.

Maybe the revised brown/red/green leather armwraps could then be called Frostfell Joy armwraps instead?

Just a thought.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ya pretty much here too X 3. I had one on my keyboard earlier. And they love love love the under the covers game.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Correct.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Huh. I'll have to think about this and try some stuff out to resolve it, if I have time with VoV going on, too. Thank you for reporting this!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Tkia , yes if you bought the expansion BoL , you own the Overseer , but otherwise you have to be all access to use it .
    And a gold account will not do , all my accounts are gold and every time my membership runs out I can't use the Overseer anymore .

But what I read in between the lines is , that you can buy the Overseer , just like you can now buy the apprentices , Beast Lords and mercenaries .
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Thanks, Schmet, that clears up some of the mystery.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

oops made a mistake all my account's are silver ( you can't get that anymore ) and gold means your a member .
    But the fact still remains , that you have to be a member no matter how you do that , pay for a membership or buy in game krono.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Sogs Frostfoot seems to have forgotten the Frostfell Decorating Committee crafting quest is repeatable daily. I completed it 2 days ago and he still keeps telling me to come back tomorrow. :(
    Breanna, Schmetterling and Hartay like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Darned and that before the weekend , or maybe he just had to much turkey to eat .
    Siren, Spextasy and Breanna like this.
  16. Ladislava Active Member

*smirk* They should do a Frostfell raid and if you finish it you get a wardrobe that only activates during the holidays. I mean don't make it tooo hard but something like have a few mobs to kill but you have to 'raid' the dungeon/warehouse for gifties that are hidden all over the place.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  17. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

event raids.. interesting.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

The "Petamorph wand: Frost Fae Drake" quest reward is missing from the quest "A Deepice Mystery", which is the opening quest line in Frostfell Village. Only the Frost Fae Drake Plushie and the 5 frozen tokens of E'ci quest rewards remain.

Please bring back the "Petamorph wand: Frost Fae Drake" quest reward if at all possible! :cool:

I did this quest on my Beastlord, so it's not that the Petamorph wand has been changed to only show up for pet classes, either. ;) She would have seen it.

For reference, please scroll down to see the previous quest rewards including the Petamorph wand:

https://eq2.zam.com/wiki/eq2_quest:A_Deepice_Mystery
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

If it matters, I couldn't get Crumbles, the temporary cookie pet who fights with you in Candice's Candy Factory instance, to stop following me this year. The other pet bar commands (except destroy pet) worked, but follow stayed permanently on no matter what.

I went in with my Beastlord and wanted to tame the red-nosed reindeer in there as a warder pet (the reindeer is at the bottom of the stairs once you go into the Frostfang Sea part of the instance). Crumbles will start killing the reindeer if you don't take Crumbles off "attack what I attack" and take off "protect me and yourself." Usually I just park Crumbles at the top of the stairs on the live servers and carry on without him, just in case.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

You can now buy both from the merchant , Gerbi Frostfoot , because after you do A Deepice Mystery and the next one , you will never have to do it again .
    This was changed last year.
    I just did the quests for one of my Test toons who had not done it yet last year , and I was wondering if we could maybe get " Jarok Frostpetal's wings next year .
    Siren likes this.